One pet..and one pet only! Choose only one!

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Re: One pet..and one pet only! Choose only one!

Unread post by Ana »

hands down, Müsli :) my beloved snowleopard.

On Kahlua,, it would probally be PinchyColada (soon to be Madex) cause of the pun in the name which i like :D

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!

Unread post by Kurasu »

I think if I could tame one pet and one pet only.... I'd consider rerolling. The imbalance would be *way* too much without that variety of abilities and pets to choose from! I would need at least three pets to be able to play properly! :(

But if we could spec one single pet with all the abilities, and thus it wouldn't matter other than purely for skin? I would probably make it my turtle, Panzer. It would be painfully hard to choose between Panzer and Suresh, though.
Come see Kurasu's stables!
Mozag
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Several on EU.

Unread post by Mozag »

For Zsofia, my Human hunter it would be Peikko:

Eadgyth my Dwarf would keep Torch:

Lomelinda my lilac-haired Nelf would choose Sweet Pea:

For Lindorindel my white-haired Nelf the choice would be Gabilgathol:

Eshakaa my Draenei hasn't yet bonded strongly with any of her pets, but Loch is the best contender at present:

Alburga the Worgen's great love is Byron:

Garshanga the Orc would never part with Artaxias:

Mozag the half-Ice Troll and her Mort are inseparable:

Zinzil the Jungle Troll would hold on to Kaz:

Dawnsong my Tauren's best friend is Blossom:

Salariel the Belf would keep Lais:

Amber would never leave my Goblin Lazuli's side:

But if I were to personally choose one pet for aesthetics and skills, I would pick the following:
Ceravan
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Anvilmar (alliance), Nesingwary (horde)

Unread post by Ceravan »

Would be hard to choose between Grit (see sig) and Kora (Shango's twin)

Demonicow
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Echo Isles

Unread post by Demonicow »

Demonfang(Timber) my second pet ive ever had, the first one was also named Demonfang(Gorefang) but because he was of the light grey skin and not the snowy white one i replaced him at lvl 30 ironicaly its the same lvl that the guards were that gaurded the way to dun morogh where i tamed him i have a strong bond with demonfang hes always with me unless im showing all of my stabled pets that i have to people if i could only have one i would only choose him

"Y’know, Taurens are born hunters. You ever see a Tauren catch a salmon out of a stream? It really is quite exciting. You ever see a Tauren stalk a python? 'Course you haven't. That's because Tauren are so adept at blending in with their surroundings."

"Five curses and spite live in each gnome this truth cant be ignored, the best way to get rid of a gnome is to throw that Gnome Overboard.""

Armory
Shostakovich
Realm: Garrosh (US) Horde

Unread post by Shostakovich »

Symphony will always be with me.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

For my main, it would have the be my turtle TMNTank. This little guy has been there for a looooooong time, and has taken more beatings for me and saved me (and groups) more than any of my other pets combined. His model changed from the yellow/blue to this when it became tameable, but other than that, he has been and always will be my stable staple.

For my alt worgen hunter, it depends on the form he is in. If he is in his Gilnean form, then the black wolf Selene is his companion. However once the beast takes hold, it is Swagger the warp stalker. Despite all, he went and bonded with it.

I have a few other alts I wrote stories for but don't really play anymore (need to change my sig to). On left is Rendir with his frostsaber Emilee, and his wife on the right Salaina with her widow.

Aritria
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary (H/A)

Unread post by Aritria »

I really hope that I'd never have to make this decision, but for Aritria it would have to be my Red Lynx Mina. Since level 10, I have let her go only once, and regretted it.

On my other Hunters, Killasandra would be Garnet, her Red Outland Raptor:

For my Alliance hunters Filomena has seemed to have bonded with her white fox, Faith:

As for Alessira, I don't know what her pet would be, as I haven't recently played her, but her Frostsaber Finestra would do nicely:
Aritria's Adventures in Azeroth or Otherwise

"A bird doesn't sing because it has an answer, it sings because it has a song." - Lou Holtz

Sigs by the beautiful, talented Serenith, Kurenio, and Nili. Rock on, guys!
Avatars by Serenith, Sarah of Soaked, and other avatar artists.

The Pride of Nesingwary
Aritria, the Mother
Killasandra, the Daughter | Alessira, the Sister Adopted | Filomena, the Lover

Roxhunt
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Burning Blade

Unread post by Roxhunt »

Kurasu wrote:I think if I could tame one pet and one pet only.... I'd consider rerolling. The imbalance would be *way* too much without that variety of abilities and pets to choose from! I would need at least three pets to be able to play properly! :(

But if we could spec one single pet with all the abilities, and thus it wouldn't matter other than purely for skin? I would probably make it my turtle, Panzer. It would be painfully hard to choose between Panzer and Suresh, though.
You are putting way too much thought into the simple question ;)
Yoruko
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Runetotem (EU)

Unread post by Yoruko »

Roxhunt wrote:
Kurasu wrote:I think if I could tame one pet and one pet only.... I'd consider rerolling. The imbalance would be *way* too much without that variety of abilities and pets to choose from! I would need at least three pets to be able to play properly! :(

I think he is being very sensible though, since nowadays a hunter buff matters a lot game-mechanic wise. An instance group without shaman will love you for a core hound but everyone always loves the cat str/agi boost. :) PVP can be quite difficult without an appropriate pet to give you an edge and never forget thunderstomp! There's already at least three or four pets to keep in handy for situational reasons rather than sentiment. :lol:

Still, if I had to pick.. it would be devilsaurs all the way. ALL THE WAY!
Roxhunt
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Roxhunt »

Yoruko wrote:
Roxhunt wrote:

I think he is being very sensible though, since nowadays a hunter buff matters a lot game-mechanic wise. An instance group without shaman will love you for a core hound but everyone always loves the cat str/agi boost. :) PVP can be quite difficult without an appropriate pet to give you an edge and never forget thunderstomp! There's already at least three or four pets to keep in handy for situational reasons rather than sentiment. :lol:

Still, if I had to pick.. it would be devilsaurs all the way. ALL THE WAY!
Oh, don't get me wrong, I didn't say what they said wasn't true or anything of that such. I didn't post the question for 'debate or analyzing' but just to see which pets had capture the hunter's heart. I mean, all buffs, etc aside, it might be the pet you first tame that you love dearly even if it's not the one you camped the longest, etc. Apparently the devilsaurs have your heart! :D
Kyonarai
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Stonemaul

Unread post by Kyonarai »

On my human hunter, my old school Grim totem spirit guide, Tovauni, will never leave my side. For my nightelf hunter, it would be a hard choice betwen Iontas tha loque'nahak or Emberkin the red corehound.
Special thanks to Ket-shi!
Foru21dr
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Tanaris (Alliance) Nessingwary (Horde)

Unread post by Foru21dr »

For Bitka it would be between the tall strider Clutch mother or Spirit Beast Magria. Clutch I got when I hit level 20 and have had her ever since. Magria though is the main one I play with. She's always by my side.
Nesingwary Petopians - Bitka, Quïll Xendral, Ximbol, Saehi, and Tryxter
Nesingwary Petopian Alliance - Sorree and Xylda

http://dragcave.net/user/foru21dr My Cave
Roxhunt
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Roxhunt »

Like your avatar Kyonarai 8-)
JezzebelPop
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Alonsus

Unread post by JezzebelPop »

This for me is a tough choice, at the moment I'm using my Loki an awful lot, he's my go-to pet for nearly everything and I LOVE his skin the most out of any pet, especially the spirit beasts. I've got a pretty solid bond with him as well.

There one pet whose skin I like more and I have a strong bond with, probably the strongest out of all my pets. This is the one I'd keep if I could only have one.
His name is Killy, named after my original Killy who was my Moonsaber back when I was new to the game and was taming everything I saw. I really loved the Moonsaber skin but released him because I had my Cibo who is my starter pet Cat I still have and I was advised to tame other kinds of pets. Think I had too many cats at that point, he didn't make it and I felt bad afterwards. :(
The names Killy and Cibo both come from a manga I love called BLAME!, there's only the 2 protagonists throughout the entire thing. Other characters are in it with one being a bit more influence but it's a really empty yet interesting piece and one which stuck with me for a long time after reading it. Killy is the main character and he's so dark and strange I felt it went with Skarr and my moonsaber. When I tamed skarr I felt the same happiness after I tamed my Moonsaber and although I waited a while to see if any other names would fit I could not stop calling him Killy in my head so I named him so.

I think it goes even better with Skarr, considering Killy in the manga is a sort of cyborg type thing, not natural looking really and Skarr has a similar quality with his gem skin and glowing eyes. I also cannot think of good names myself so I copy other forms of media.

Yes that really is the best screenie I have of him atm :P

BUT BUT BUT

If I was an Ogre this would be the scene forever. They go pretty well together I think!
FuzzyDolly
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Velen, Nessingwary

Unread post by FuzzyDolly »

Hands down... Aotona.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Galaxy
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Galaxy »

Whew..that's a toughie! I may surprise everyone in that as much as I LOVE Bliss, Banthanos would be it. The tame was epic to solo (and hard) and I adore the ghostly trails he leaves. I guess I like super shiny? Loque was a close second, though.

Rosa:

Definitely her white lion. She IS, after all, a lion tamer *snicker*

Epic Sig by the Epic CandidHeartbeat <3
Azerothian Days

Shirubia
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Quel'thalas

Unread post by Shirubia »

Hard choice... For me it would be between Dishu (My first pet), Magria (That I have been using a lot for bg's), Bernkastel (Deth'tilac, also for bg's) or Rammstein (Terrorpene, who can tank Drek'thar with his 4 warmasters :D ).

I think in the end it would be Dishu (PvE) or Magria (PvP)
Roxhunt
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Roxhunt »

Shirubia wrote:I think in the end it would be Dishu (PvE) or Magria (PvP)
You only get one! :D I know that's tough!
starkittens
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: mok'nathal, Runetotem, and a couple others

Unread post by starkittens »

I <3 Skyfire:
for my Main, Starkittens^

The burns of a fire may heal with time
but the burns from our love will never heal, even as the years pass on
{My Magistream Keep}{My DA}{My DC scroll}