How Do You See Your Two-Headed Pets?

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Demonicow
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Echo Isles

Re: How Do You See Your Two-Headed Pets?

Unread post by Demonicow »

it depends on pet family i believe core hound pups are playful and energetic but as they grow older they form a singularity that allows them to work together for the mutual benefit of the core hound my kurken Demonicore feels to me like they share their thoughts if someone or something were to injure one of its heads the other head would strike back to protect it and vice versa just as i see the relationship i have with all of my pets hurt me and my pet hurts you back hurt my pet and i hurt you back as for chimeras i believe they function in the same way they dont share the same thoughts but they are connected by their feelings they get from each other,

now on the topic of hydras the hydras very rarely get along because each of them are acting out their primal sense of leadership and they would fight whoever opposed them even it was their other heads they are focused in combat however conscerned with only ending the life of their prey after devouring their next meal they get back to fighting, in my opinion it would take a master of beasts to fully tame the beast thats why i believe if hydras ever do become tamable i believe they should be exotic and the vultures are completely one entity they are always focused on their prey and even when not fighting they always seem to coexist with each other.

Edit:woot 2nd page
"Y’know, Taurens are born hunters. You ever see a Tauren catch a salmon out of a stream? It really is quite exciting. You ever see a Tauren stalk a python? 'Course you haven't. That's because Tauren are so adept at blending in with their surroundings."

"Five curses and spite live in each gnome this truth cant be ignored, the best way to get rid of a gnome is to throw that Gnome Overboard.""

Armory
Talaridan
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard (US, Horde)

Unread post by Talaridan »

I currently only have one two-headed pet, Balaur, my Drakeadon Core Hound.

For me, I see each head as an individual with separate minds, eyes, ears, and personalities, but the personalities are somewhat subtle. When younger, at least looking at the Core Hound pups, the heads fight and try to be more dominant. I think when they get older, they learn that they share a body and they learn to be seamless partners. I think they're "almost the same person" in the way that identical twins can almost know what the other is thinking and feeling, etc.
Meggers
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Sargeras US

Unread post by Meggers »

Dual personalities, very much. I've named my Chimera "Gruesome" to stand for "gruesome twosome". :P
ImageImage
Talaridan
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard (US, Horde)

Unread post by Talaridan »

Here's a weird, random question....

Does anyone picture/see their two-headed pet as a male and a female twin? Ala Zak and Wheezie from Dragon Tales? :lol:
Comett
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by Comett »

Awesome topic!

For me it just seems to depend on the pet. Most of mine share the same consciousness/mind and just have the extra head, but I wouldn't really have anything against two minds in one body (I actually find it a really exciting idea particularly for a single-pet hunter challenge or something lol). I do find hydras very much seperate-minded though, as has been mentioned, though I also believe there are myths surrounding hydras etc in which each head controls a certain emotion (anger, hunger, sleep?) so although they are technically individual they make up all parts of a whole.

Rhyela
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

To me, most of them are just one animal with an extra head that share brainpower or something. The only exception are hydras, because they seem to fight with each other and stuff.

I've always seen my outland vultures as one entity. I won't lie, though, I do kinda wish they had a single-headed version of them. They're my favorite bird in the game and the extra head just weirds me out sometimes if I think about it too much. :lol:

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Sherbe
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Draenor-EU, Korgall-EU. Bloodhoof-EU

Unread post by Sherbe »

I see Sherbe's Evalcharr and my blood elf alts two-headed vultures as one creature, just with added features.... kinda "the better to see you, my dear"-style. Or bite, or flamebreath.... anyway.

Hydra sig by Vephriel, may this hydra soon befriend Sherbe!

Holgarr
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US - Alliance

Unread post by Holgarr »

Talaridan wrote:Here's a weird, random question....

Does anyone picture/see their two-headed pet as a male and a female twin? Ala Zak and Wheezie from Dragon Tales? :lol:
I dunno about that, but according to the fanon of the Trade Princess Movement, Mida Silvertongue has a corehound pup named "Princess Maximillian" with one head wearing a pink bow and the other one a top-hat. That's close, right?
Image Image