Pet Sound Changes....?

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Glassdragon
Realm: US - Stormrage

Pet Sound Changes....?

Unread post by Glassdragon »

So I use the "Cat Yawn Silencer" for my ghost hydra because of the frequency that it does its head-fighting noise.
It uses mHydraStand2A.wav for the idle head-fighting sound, but after todays patch it no longer works. All of the files are still there and working properly and I didn't change anything manually. It's been working fine for a long time.

I don't have any cats in my stable, but can anyone with "Cat Yawn Silencer" take out their cats to see if the slobber noise is back?
Maybe something’s changed with the file structure reading the .mpq first now?
Glassdragon
Realm: US - Stormrage

Re: Pet Sound Changes....?

Unread post by Glassdragon »

I seemed to have fixed this, so I'll post in case anyone else is having this problem.

I was using the x64 launcher, and when I changed the settings back to 32 bit it fixed the problem. I don't know why that would matter and on top of that I was using the x64 launcher since it first came out after the last update and it was working fine.

I went back into the file path of the "Cat Yawn Silencer" for my hydra, made a copy of the silent "mHydraStand2A.wav" and pasted it in the same folder. Then I renamed the extension to *.ogg since that is the way they are listed in the mpq file and it works once again in x64.

If anyone is having the same problems with their cats, I hope this helps.
Wassa
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Wassa »

Huh you are right. Just took my cat out and can hear his yawns, plus all my other sound edits (Tiger -> Loque) also do not work. I'll try what you said and see if that fixes it.

EDIT: Converting all of them to .ogg files worked. Thanks.

A rare visitor to this forum now that I don't play WoW anymore, but forever a Petopian.

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

I'll have to see if I need to do this too. I never actively switched to the 64 bit version since I had no idea it was out and after today's patch thing the gun silencer addon I was using seems to be missing. I forgot just how irritating the regular gun sounds are. x_x

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Syriana
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Steamwheedle Cartel

Unread post by Syriana »

I'm having this same problem. Changing the files names didn't work for me, but I am tired. I will keep trying to find a solution. I will be so annoyed at my cats yawning and gun it won't be pretty.
Magli
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Moonrunner

Unread post by Magli »

My gun silencer also stopped working last night, and a guildmate was complaining that his worgen-sniff-remover addon wasn't working too.

Thanks to Kurenio for the signature!

It was believed afterward that the man was a lunatic, because there was no sense in what he said.

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

I wonder what they changed in this little patch on Tuesday to make all the silencers stop working. =/

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Syriana
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Steamwheedle Cartel

Unread post by Syriana »

Changing file extensions didn't work for me, but using a program to convert them did. Now my cats don't yawn audibly, and my gun sounds like a silenced weapon again. :)
7seti
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Frostmourne

Unread post by 7seti »

Seems that the patch changed all the .wav sounds into .ogg.
Syriana wrote:Changing file extensions didn't work for me, but using a program to convert them did. Now my cats don't yawn audibly, and my gun sounds like a silenced weapon again. :)
I tried that but now the gun firing sound is completely silent. Could you link the converter you used, or perhaps post the files?

Edit: Found one that works: http://www.mp3towav.net/mp3_converter_simple.htm
Skulhamr
Realm: Trollbane

Unread post by Skulhamr »

Yes indeed, my addon called Core Hound Lava Sound Quieter worked fine up until patch 4.3 with only a .wav file in the proper path. Now it takes an .ogg file.

While I'm at it, does anyone know what files are used to play Loque's growls? They're my favorite but I don't seem to be able to find them in the MPQ files.

-Skulhamr of Trollbane
-Skulshock.com
Kiingeh
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Kiingeh »

Skulhamr wrote:Yes indeed, my addon called Core Hound Lava Sound Quieter worked fine up until patch 4.3 with only a .wav file in the proper path. Now it takes an .ogg file.

While I'm at it, does anyone know what files are used to play Loque's growls? They're my favorite but I don't seem to be able to find them in the MPQ files.
Loque's sounds are located in Sound\Creature\Harkoa

Also, while I'm here since everyone seems to want some sounds muted.

For a few years now I've been muting sounds that I've found to be annoying, I have an addon on Curse and WoWInterface.

It's currently up to 1202 sounds, as my main is a hunter, many pet sounds have been included.
If anyone has any requests you can post a comment on the addon page or even PM me on here :)

For anyone doing their own mutes, the sound files cannot be completely blank (as in have a 0:00 run time), if they do, whenever that sound is triggered it will prevent all other sounds from playing for a short time. If you've only muted a few sounds you probably will not notice this problem.