Glitch tame Pets

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Sakiki
Realm: Sisters of Elune

Glitch tame Pets

Unread post by Sakiki »

So I been trying for a few hours to tame the fire boar but I don't know if I am just incapable of timing this or if wow finally got to a point were they fixed glitched pets anyone have any info on this? please help
ligewolf
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: the Underbog/ Moonrunner (H) US

Re: Glitch tame Pets

Unread post by ligewolf »

as far as i know, the fire boar is still tameable, on youtube u can find videos of actually solo taming it as well as having help taming it having the other person throw fire on boar as its being tame or something.
Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

IT's still doable but usually you need two people to do this one.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Sakiki
Realm: Sisters of Elune

Unread post by Sakiki »

I don't think that it does any more, my partner watched the death animation as I tamed it but it did not die. I think Wow may of fixed this glitched pet thing :( Hey please someone prove me wrong and tame one!
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

The timing has to be perfect. If it didnt die, then you didnt do it right.

LisaaraPokefarm

Nightsights
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Gilneas-US

Unread post by Nightsights »

flaming boar took me many many tries.
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

An odd, semi-related question.

If I recall correctly, the oil stained wolves would appear pitch black except on mouseover, where their body would highlight and you could see them underneath. I saw someone in beta last night with a tamed oil wolf, only it stayed pitch black even when targeted/highlighted, and only its eyes would appear.

Were they always like this?
Thwip
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Elune/Gilneas [US]

Unread post by Thwip »

Nope. Currently in live Hyndla is still showing up entirely with a mouseover. Perhaps that is something that is going to change?

Also, on topic, it took my friend an I more then an hour messing with a timing for his flaming boar. Don't give up on it!

Btag name is Buu! US Horde

Thwip - Xanbu - Lymphoma

Vephriel

Okay, well I wasn't crazy then.

The wolf I saw looked really awesome, it almost made me want one. I never cared for the oil stained ones due to how they showed up when highlighted, but this one was completely black except for its yellow eyes that showed up on mouseover. I think I may have taken screenshots, I'll post them here once I get home from work.
Thwip
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Elune/Gilneas [US]

Unread post by Thwip »

Please do! I'm very interested as I never cared for the highlight upon mouseover, but I love Hyndla just the same, the one urk-some trait aside. xD

Btag name is Buu! US Horde

Thwip - Xanbu - Lymphoma

Vephriel

Alright, so here's the wolf I saw in beta:

This is untargeted/unhighlighted:

And this is on mouseover:

There was no difference in the body whatsoever, the only thing that changed when highlighted was the eyes showed up. It looked really cool!
Bheleu
Realm: Arathor

Unread post by Bheleu »

I'm wondering if anyone can confirm that the glitch tames still work since 4.3.3. I've seen a few posts saying "yes" you just have to get timing right, but I tamed an oil stained wolf in about an hour, then like an idiot took it into arena. Went to go tame a replacement in early March after 4.3.3 hit. After 4-5 hours of trying no luck. So - can anyone say "I tamed a glitch pet after 2/28/2012"? Thanks!!

Bheleu
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Bheleu wrote:I'm wondering if anyone can confirm that the glitch tames still work since 4.3.3. I've seen a few posts saying "yes" you just have to get timing right, but I tamed an oil stained wolf in about an hour, then like an idiot took it into arena. Went to go tame a replacement in early March after 4.3.3 hit. After 4-5 hours of trying no luck. So - can anyone say "I tamed a glitch pet after 2/28/2012"? Thanks!!

Bheleu
A lot of people can say they have.

LisaaraPokefarm

Herpopotamus
Realm: Winterhoof

Unread post by Herpopotamus »

Jessibelle wrote:
Bheleu wrote:I'm wondering if anyone can confirm that the glitch tames still work since 4.3.3. I've seen a few posts saying "yes" you just have to get timing right, but I tamed an oil stained wolf in about an hour, then like an idiot took it into arena. Went to go tame a replacement in early March after 4.3.3 hit. After 4-5 hours of trying no luck. So - can anyone say "I tamed a glitch pet after 2/28/2012"? Thanks!!

Bheleu
A lot of people can say they have.
I would appreciate it if one would post here... I have tamed several oiled wolves and fire boars in patch 4.2 and prior for my friends and find myself unable to do so again today.
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

I'm seeing youtube vids of people doing it....however I'm testing it myself and so far nothin....hmm.....

LisaaraPokefarm

crazyturk
Realm: Stormrage

Unread post by crazyturk »

ME too, I've been trying and trying, like 2-3 hours of getting the wolf, and nothing :(.
I'm going to cry if I can't have my Oily Wolf back... i had to reroll my hunter on this new server
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

I tried it for hours(I've done it twice in the past) and even had an expert friend(who also has a hunter) come help. Nothing. I think they finally hotfixed it.

LisaaraPokefarm

Dialga
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Dialga »

Jessibelle wrote:I tried it for hours(I've done it twice in the past) and even had an expert friend(who also has a hunter) come help. Nothing. I think they finally hotfixed it.
What method were you attempting? I'd believe Bliz may have hotfixed how a pet dies on the tame, but the ancient way of nabbing the oilies was to be on the quest, and throw the meat. The quest forcibly makes them disappear, much like the whole 'pet abandon' macro. that's what jimmied the system, and kept the buff.

This method was exceedingly hard to time, even back then, but has anyone been attempting this, instead of the kill one?
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Dialga wrote:
Jessibelle wrote:I tried it for hours(I've done it twice in the past) and even had an expert friend(who also has a hunter) come help. Nothing. I think they finally hotfixed it.
What method were you attempting? I'd believe Bliz may have hotfixed how a pet dies on the tame, but the ancient way of nabbing the oilies was to be on the quest, and throw the meat. The quest forcibly makes them disappear, much like the whole 'pet abandon' macro. that's what jimmied the system, and kept the buff.

This method was exceedingly hard to time, even back then, but has anyone been attempting this, instead of the kill one?
Yes, I was. That was the very first method I tried. three times I had the timing perfect but still nothing. Killing method was the 2nd one I tried today and still nada.

LisaaraPokefarm

Tilo
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Stormrage, Cenarius, & Ysera-US

Unread post by Tilo »

darn...was going to try for one, so oily wolf & oily bird are now ''fixed''? ; /
♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪
Signature Kamoodle []