Pet types that don't exist (but you wish they did)

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Holgarr
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US - Alliance

Pet types that don't exist (but you wish they did)

Unread post by Holgarr »

I see a lot of beasts out there.

Some tamable, many not. Some merely critters.

So I got to thinking - what sort of animals are out there that might make a really cool pet?

Thunder-lizards, gazelles, stags, hydras, basilisks... yes, we've thought about them, but what else might be out there, brought out from un-tamability, if only Blizzard could be convinced to work on them?

That's what this thread is for - what's your "dream pet" that for now is only a dream?

For me? Frogs. Don't laugh. With MOP coming, it might fit, since Asian myth has more than a few giant toads and such in its stories. Dunno why, just the idea of a hunter riding along with a bigass bullfrog the size of a Doberman bounding along beside him seems really cool to me. Not sure what powers might be in the family, but I'm sure it'd be interesting, if only to see how the tamable non-critter models would look. Hey, if we can tame wasps and spiders and worms, why not tame a beast that regularly EATS such things?
Image Image
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Re: Pet types that don't exist (but you wish they did)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

Hypno-toad!

I also want a Dire Rat. Maybe if Porcupines become tameable, that urge will be satisfied.
Tsaikojen
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn

Unread post by Tsaikojen »

Undead, or to at least have more undead-like pets become tamable, like the Skeletal Windserpent and Skeletal Raptor. Also, they could add pets that only spawn during archeology digs, making them unique to other pets. Skeletal Devilsaur or Mammoths anyone?

Type: Ferocity
Ability: Already Dead

Instant - 1 min cooldown

The creature, already being dead, enters a mindless phase that reduces damage taken by 50% for 12 sec.
Personally, I'd like to see a ferocity pet with the Turtle/Beetle damage reduction.

Niabi
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Greymane-H, Rexxar-A, Staghelm-A/H, Nesingwary-A/H

Unread post by Niabi »

Wykea wrote:For me? Frogs. Don't laugh. With MOP coming, it might fit, since Asian myth has more than a few giant toads and such in its stories. Dunno why, just the idea of a hunter riding along with a bigass bullfrog the size of a Doberman bounding along beside him seems really cool to me. Not sure what powers might be in the family, but I'm sure it'd be interesting, if only to see how the tamable non-critter models would look. Hey, if we can tame wasps and spiders and worms, why not tame a beast that regularly EATS such things?
My name is Niabi and I approve this message!

I have been lobbying for giant frogs/toads since Cataclysm beta. I think they'd make an awesome addition as hunter pets!

Personally, I can't help but envision the use of their tongues as part of their signature attack - possibly to be used as a root or to bring fleeing enemies back within melee range much like a DKs Death Grip.

Please Blizzard ... oh pretty, pretty please!

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I would also like to see the introduction of Sugar Gliders into the game (something I've made mention of before in a previous post). Not so much as hunter pets but rather as an addition to vanity pets.

Image Image

Come visit my lovely garden of dragons over at
Flight Rising

Holgarr
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US - Alliance

Unread post by Holgarr »

Niabi wrote:
Wykea wrote:For me? Frogs. Don't laugh. With MOP coming, it might fit, since Asian myth has more than a few giant toads and such in its stories. Dunno why, just the idea of a hunter riding along with a bigass bullfrog the size of a Doberman bounding along beside him seems really cool to me. Not sure what powers might be in the family, but I'm sure it'd be interesting, if only to see how the tamable non-critter models would look. Hey, if we can tame wasps and spiders and worms, why not tame a beast that regularly EATS such things?
My name is Niabi and I approve this message!

I have been lobbying for giant frogs/toads since Cataclysm beta. I think they'd make an awesome addition as hunter pets!

Personally, I can't help but envision the use of their tongues as part of their signature attack - possibly to be used as a root or to bring fleeing enemies back within melee range much like a DKs Death Grip.
Tongue grip! Yes!
Image Image
Niabi
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Unread post by Niabi »

Call it a hunter's intuition but I firmly believe that we may be getting dragonflies as possible tamables in MoP. I just feel it!

If you consider the possibility, it wouldn't be all that difficult to slightly tweek the existing structure of the wasps and fireflies we currently see in the game. Slap together a few good color combinations and ... taadaa, you have a brand new pet type for hunters!

Plus, dragonflies seem like a good candidate for the asian theme going in MoP.

If I am wrong about this, well then I'm wrong, but something tells me that this is going to happen.

Flight Rising

Dakonic
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Baeglum

Unread post by Dakonic »

I would love to see a new snake family, I know we have serpents, what about Adders, something closer to real snakes.
Dragon Cave: http://dragcave.net/user/Dakonic
Formally known as "celestial88"
Image Image Image Image
Melentari
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Melentari »

Clefthooves. I either want one as a mount or as a pet. I've been in love with them since BC, and there are so many out there in Nagrand just waiting for me... I want clefthooves in one way or another!

Melentari and Tevildo - she tamed him a long time ago.

Niabi
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Unread post by Niabi »

Aside from all the beasts in the game that are marked untamable (ex.: hydras, ungulates, basilisks, mammoths, etc.), I've come up with a small list of beasts that haven't yet made it to the game but might otherwise fit in just as perfectly. Maybe Blizzard can draw some inspiration here for future expansions:

1. Tucans
2. A rare-spawn and/or elite Rhinocerous Beetle (I want this sooo bad as a tamable)
3. Giant Frogs/Toads (already mentioned)
4. Giant Chameleons
5. Dragonflies (already mentioned)
6. Hippos
7. Peacocks
8. Kangaroos
9. Honey Badgers
10. Wolverines
11. Other dog species in addition/as an alternative to the Mastiff
12. Praying Matises (of the tamable kind please)

I'm pretty sure some/most of these have already been mentioned time and time again in other posts. I just wanted to throw them back up for good measure. Repetitiveness can't hurt in a situation such as this, am I right?

Flight Rising

KutiePi

Unread post by KutiePi »

Giraffes. I've been wanting them since BC, they would be so awesome! Or heck even a giraffe mount would suffice but just having a giraffe would be neat. Skill? They could use vantage point, +%hit?
Finduilas
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Norgannon EU (H) - Thrall EU (H) - Antonidas EU(A)

Unread post by Finduilas »

I would love to have a grey cat with white paws like my parents' cat. And a turtoiseshell cat and a black and white one like my cats. It would be awesome to have my cats both in RL and ingame. And I'd like them to have the model they use for the companion kitties. They are so cute.
And an elephant mount would be so cool. I know mammoths are close but I'd love an elephant.
Having a mouse pet would be cool, too. If we have beetles, why not a mouse? Or a rat, or hamster. Something cute and deadly ;)

current signature thanks to Ashaine

Findu on Battle.net

Findu's stables