Several More Cats Only On WMV Currently.

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Karin
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Bad Ash Realms

Several More Cats Only On WMV Currently.

Unread post by Karin »

Figured I'd go and show a few cats I found in WMV that are not in the game that I would love to see somewhere in the game.

Note: This is the non-hunched version of the black gemmed cat.

Then here are the hunched cats:

I would love to have that sapphire-gemmed cat or the turquoise one.

Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Dethecus

Re: Several More Cats Only On WMV Currently.

Unread post by Kalliope »

Well, the emerald ones are currently elementals in the Jade Forest. :) (Hunched? Not hunched? I haven't checked...)

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Karin
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Karin »

Kalliope wrote:Well, the emerald ones are currently elementals in the Jade Forest. :) (Hunched? Not hunched? I haven't checked...)
WoW is gonna be forced to make beast version of the jade cats once the hunters want it so much, I betcha.

EDIT: Just saw the jade cat here. That would be the hunched cat. :)

Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Karin wrote:
Kalliope wrote:Well, the emerald ones are currently elementals in the Jade Forest. :) (Hunched? Not hunched? I haven't checked...)
WoW is gonna be forced to make beast version of the jade cats once the hunters want it so much, I betcha.
Hopefully! :D They are really quite dazzling, and the lighting scheme of the Jade Forest complements them well.

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Karin
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Karin »

They should introduce the diamond cat (either hunched or unhunched) as a rare and the only rare for a long time.

Chimera
Realm: Nesingwary (H), Silver Hand (A), Moon Guard (A)

Unread post by Chimera »

Wain has these guys in his big list of untameables but datamined, but its always great to see them noticed again and again (i had a thread up once too portraying my fav colors haha), i cant wait for the day the silver gem variety comes out!! *prays it will be tameable*

Frostmarrow by LupisDarkmoon

| Dragon Cave | Magistream | Flight Rising |

Karin
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Karin »

I wouldn't mind the hunched Araga either. Course, anything blue, just take my money. :lol:

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

The turquoise and dark blue have always been my favourite gem cats. If they were both in I'd have trouble choosing between them.

I think I'd prefer the non-hunched model for one reason only: as a good friend pointed out to me once the hunched cats have the red glow effect that masks their natural eye colour and neither looks as good with red eyes.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Karin
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Karin »

The gemmed cats would look good with the eye glows, as long as the color of the eye glows are the same as their body color. Yes, though, I do agree for the other cats, it's best to remove that to reveal their natural eyes.

EDIT: Actually, eye glows not the same color as their bodies, but whatever colors each gemmed cat's eyes are.

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Yeah, unfortunately the eye glow is hardcoded to the model, and it's always red.

There are models in the game with glow effects that are defined by skin files, so they can be changed to suit the skin. The gem cats don't use that, which is a huge shame.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Tankperson
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Tankperson »

I love the grey diamond one as well. It would so work well with a good Forsaken hunter.
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

The amethyst one would be a cat that sorely tempts me if it ever made it in game since it's purple with green eyes.
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

The red ones nice. I could see it as something like "blood ruby statue" or somesuch.
Holgarr
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US - Alliance

Unread post by Holgarr »

Maybe I'm the minority here, but so far as for the purpose of pets... I don't really like the "gem" look.

They look awesome, yeah, but the whole visual they have makes them seem, well, like some sort of golem, not a wild beast. Hunters tame animals, not elementals. (I'm of the same opinion about the shale-spiders, incidentally.) They stick out too much compared to other tamables... "This is my raptor, and this is my turtle, and this is my gorilla, and this is my giant jade cat statue."
Image Image
Karin
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Karin »

In a way, that does make sense, seeing as the gem cats and shale spiders don't necessarily look organic and lifelike like the other animals.

Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Wykea wrote:Maybe I'm the minority here, but so far as for the purpose of pets... I don't really like the "gem" look.

They look awesome, yeah, but the whole visual they have makes them seem, well, like some sort of golem, not a wild beast. Hunters tame animals, not elementals. (I'm of the same opinion about the shale-spiders, incidentally.) They stick out too much compared to other tamables... "This is my raptor, and this is my turtle, and this is my gorilla, and this is my giant jade cat statue."
Nah, I gotcha Wykea. :) I love the appearance of many of these models, and like I said before, the purple cat with green eyes is gorgeous, but I probably wouldn't tame it, or at least not keep it for long. I admire them from a distance, but in the same way I can't bond with a shale spider, I just have a bit of trouble equating emotion and character to beasts that seem more like, well, a statue, or a rock. I have no qualms with them being out there as an option, they're really cool! They just aren't quite in line with my personal feelings of clicking with a pet. I also have trouble with non-corporeal pets...anything that's translucent just doesn't feel "there" enough for me to bond with.
Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

Wykea wrote:Maybe I'm the minority here, but so far as for the purpose of pets... I don't really like the "gem" look.

I'm with ya, honestly.
Though I also just don't like the skin much. >.> The texture bugs me. The colors are shiny though.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Holgarr
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US - Alliance

Unread post by Holgarr »

Vephriel wrote:I also have trouble with non-corporeal pets...anything that's translucent just doesn't feel "there" enough for me to bond with.
Agreed. Only reason I have Ulfric (AKA Lone Hunter) and Ghostclaw (AKA Ankha) is because I though the former looked interesting and because I wanted to try at least one of the challenge-tames of Cata and the latter was the first I encountered.
Image Image
Rhyela
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

I generally don't like transparent pets, either. For some reason, I bonded with Gondria and Karoma, but those are the only two so far.

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

Hunched cats run with a head tilt like they have an inner ear infection. Drives me bonkers :D