Need Help Getting into another Hunter

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Vexxan
Realm: Lightbringer

Need Help Getting into another Hunter

Unread post by Vexxan »

Hello All, I have a little problem i was hoping you could help me with. I Have been wanting to make another hunter for a while now because i only have one and well all the stuff i can do is limited such as pets and Transmog. So here is why i haven't made one, i have a little OCD with my characters on wow such as not having two of the same class on one server. The only class i can get away with it is druid, usually when i create another hunter i lvl about 5-10 lvls and my mind starts to play with me such as things like " Why did i do this a have a geared 85 hunter i dont need another" stuff like that so i was hoping that you guys (with many of you having multiple hunters) have a way of making it really fun that ill get sucked into it and wont worry about having two hunters. I have no restrictions and i would love to twink this hunter. Thanks so much!

Jaz
Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Dethecus

Re: Need Help Getting into another Hunter

Unread post by Kalliope »

Well, Jaz, I completely and entirely have the same problem. On my main server, I only have one of each class. But I do have a bunch of lowbie hunters on other servers (and one other 85).

The real key is to make that hunter different than your main hunter in some way/multiple ways/as many ways as possible.

You can:
- roll on a different server
- roll a different faction
- roll a different race
- roll a different gender

In my case, my secondary hunter meets all of the above. The best part is that my troll hunter is nothing like my main personality-wise, so I get a whole different set of pets and pet names.

Sometimes just having a lower level hunter with different goals is enough, which is something you mentioned yourself.

Good luck either way!

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

I get teased a lot about how many hunters I have. XD Seriously. I think I have like... ten or something.

Anyway. what Kalli mentions is your best bet. First option is obviously the other faction. The difference in quest lines and things makes the play experience a lot different. Then race. (Would you rather watch draenei tailbounce, or have awesome girltroll hair?).

Rolling on a different server may not be the best idea unless you already have people you know there. I know I, at least, tend to play WoW because I enjoy being with friends. Also you may find yourself spending more time there and neglecting your main server... or else ignoring your new hunter because your buddies aren't there. (Plus you can't send BOAs or gear to a lowbie on another server...)

Anyway, just my two cents.

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

I also suggest making one in the other faction. It can be useful having a toon in the other faction, and if it's the only alt you have in that faction and you'll be mostly twinking/soloing with it, it doesn't really matter what class it is, so you might as well please yourself :)
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Agreed with all the above advice. :)

As for myself, I have 3 hunters on my main server. The first of course is Vephriel, my main character in all regards. The second is an 85 draenei hunter. I wanted at least one Alliance character at max level just so I could participate in things with friends who were Alliance, plus to see that side of the questing experience. I wanted my single Alli character to be a hunter since I enjoy the class so much. Then my third hunter is my undead named Spiders, who had from the beginning a theme of collecting every spider model there was (not including the new fire ones). She's actually experience capped at 80 because I like having a character locked into the Northrend content (it's my favourite). :)

Then I have countless hunter alts across other servers, either out of boredom or just to roll something on a friend's realm. I really enjoy having multiple hunters because choosing and themeing their stables is something no other class gets in terms of customization, and it adds a lot of personality and replayability in my mind. I just enjoy leveling them.
Vexxan
Realm: Lightbringer

Unread post by Vexxan »

Thank you all for your wonderful ideas, i think i will put all that you said into my new baby hunter ive always preferred Alliance over horde anyway so that i will enjoy that i don't know if i will use BOA or not i haven't been BM in a long time so getting that adrenalin rush when you find a rare best will be great :lol: Thanks all again :hug: i hope i will get into this hunter as much as i think i will :D

Jaz
Foru21dr
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Tanaris (Alliance) Nessingwary (Horde)

Unread post by Foru21dr »

If you do decide to make one on the same faction, (I like having access to my bank from my other alts) I made my 2 different by having one specced different than my other. BM on my main and MM on the other. This also restricted me on my alt to not be able to get Exotics so I built my stable different too. It made it interesting to me as I had to get my skill level up for 2 different types of play style and gear stats. I found it fun dedicating the time to learn the other skill.
Nesingwary Petopians - Bitka, Quïll Xendral, Ximbol, Saehi, and Tryxter
Nesingwary Petopian Alliance - Sorree and Xylda

http://dragcave.net/user/foru21dr My Cave