Whats your pet wish for a model that's NOT in game?

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Crotalus Horridus
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: N/A

Re: Whats your pet wish for a model that's NOT in game?

Unread post by Crotalus Horridus »

There needs to be an Allosaurus named Big Albert. Because, you know, references!
Clayford13
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Korgath

Unread post by Clayford13 »

I want Pterodaxes or a new raptor model. I would love to have a Bipedal pet but I know thaaaaaaaat won't happen. Wish i could have my worgen back D:
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Clayford13 wrote:I want Pterodaxes or a new raptor model. I would love to have a Bipedal pet but I know thaaaaaaaat won't happen. Wish i could have my worgen back D:
There's a number of bipedal pets. Unless you meant humanoid ;)
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
HawkseyesX
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Draka

Unread post by HawkseyesX »

If you can't guess the model then you need a brain checkup

IT'S A BEAR MODEL

AND IM NOT OBSESSED WITH PANDAS <3

thanks Veph for the awesome sig! :D

Snowy
Illustrious Master Hunter

Unread post by Snowy »

I think having pandas in an expansion themed around anthropomorphic pandas would come across as a little... weird.

Snowy the Sylveon Hoarder ♥
3DS FC: 1263-6698-4911 | FR: EnchantedEcho | PSN: Eviesaurus
My YouTube Channel! (Pokemon related stuffs!)

Makoes
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

:? And yaks with anthro-yaks isn't? What about monkeys and hozen? Snakes and naga? Wolves and worgen?
But a panda skinned bear and pandarens, that's just weird!! :lol:

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

Snowy

Unread post by Snowy »

Everdeen wrote:I think having pandas in an expansion themed around anthropomorphic pandas would come across as a little... weird.
AKA. My opinion.

Wolves and Worgen make sense to me though because Worgen = werewolves and are quite common in any form of media. You don't see anthropomorpic pandas very often and yaks/naga/monkeys haven't exactly been the main theme/race of an expansion yet. Besides, we haven't actually had pandas at all in the game yet (Not including that mini-pet that like no one has.) and so introducing them now alongside their more humanoid friends would seem very odd to me. Again, my opinion. ^^

Snowy the Sylveon Hoarder ♥
3DS FC: 1263-6698-4911 | FR: EnchantedEcho | PSN: Eviesaurus
My YouTube Channel! (Pokemon related stuffs!)

Makoes

Unread post by Makoes »

Nothing wrong with your opinion, it just amused me is all (hence the emote faces).

~~~
~~~
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Unread post by Qraljar »

If there's one creature I've learned to appreciate more than I ever did; it's the tailless whip scorpion.

Here is a picture:

This magnificent little creature is often (incorrectly) deemed nightmare fuel. Sure they have some traits that appear nightmarish but they're really good pets in real life and I've been told they're even affectionate and docile.

Thus they get 10/10 for me to be added to the game; five points for intimidation, five points for tamability plausability.
Last edited by Qraljar on Sun Aug 05, 2012 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

I can't see the image you posted Qraljar, but I love amblypygids! I'd like to own one at some point, they're really amazing creatures. Look at how adorable they are! http://youtu.be/B4X6GVq0oyw

Would be awesome to see them incorporated in game. :D
Qraljar
Pet Finder

Unread post by Qraljar »

Vephriel wrote:I can't see the image you posted Qraljar, but I love amblypygids! I'd like to own one at some point, they're really amazing creatures. Look at how adorable they are! http://youtu.be/B4X6GVq0oyw

Would be awesome to see them incorporated in game. :D
Ahh, it was flipping out when I was looking for them on google images too. I'll replace it soon.

And yeah. I'd be lying if said their appearance doesn't take away my appetite because it does -- but I'd still like to own one.

I think they'd be the nearly the best pet that Blizzard could give to hunters, due to their aforementioned fear factor which is good for intimidation and the fact that they're so docile in real life that it seems to border on affection, which is more than I can say for most tamable pets.

GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

Amblypygids have a very interesting appearance! I'll probably get one of these for our next arachnid pet.
Qraljar
Pet Finder

Unread post by Qraljar »

Cool Gorman, it's always cool to see someone who doesn't scream nightmare fuel the moment they see something vaguely insectoid.

Going back on topic, I'd like to see a family that fits Solifugae, Uropygi, Schizomida and Amblypygi in one, then Blizzard can also go ahead and throw Sand Reavers in there.

Since all three look really Outlandish, especially Amblypygi, and everything so far hints at the next expansion being Burning Crusade&Outland themed then maybe they could be native to whatever planet or place we go too because they surely look the part.

Crotalus Horridus
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Another interesting Allosaurus that needs to be in the game as a new skin/model is Broken Jaw (Also known as Cracked Jaw or Broken Jaw Allosaurus).

But if an Allosaurus-type Devilsaur is out of the question, why not a Jack Palance-style T-rex? Because if it ever came to be, it would be terrifying trying to fight it.

Hilde
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Draenor eu

Unread post by Hilde »

A capybara or a giant guinea pig. Just something I really want. :p

I really like the triceratops idea. Would be a nice tenacity pet.
Crotalus Horridus
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

*REALISM TIME!*

I'm all for Triceratops being a pet, it's a cool dinosaur, however the fact that you said it would be Tenacity bugs me.

The new Tenacity Tree, as you might know, has Charge. However, Triceratops could not charge at it's opponents using all three of it's horns at 15mph (Average Estimated Speed) because of the amount of force that would be build up.

A test was done to see if a Triceratops could charge like a Rhinoceros with it's head tilted down and facing forward. They made the replica skull out of a material similar to that of the bone (A resin composite), and they made a simulated underside of a Tyrannosaurus Rex out of honeycomb aluminum (Simulates flesh and muscle), a sheet of aluminum (Simulates a layer of skin), and some thick leather (Which simulates the top layer of skin). They then mounted the skull in the rhinoceros charge position in an area used for car crash tests, sent it at the estimated speed of 15mph, and when it collided with the simulated Tyrannosaurus... the beak shattered at it's weakest point.

Instead of having it as a Tenacity pet, Ferocity would be more suited. A Triceratops could simply run up to an opponent (Not at full speed, mind you), and move it's horns back and forth and gore it. The socket connecting the head and neck of a Triceratops was the closest nature got to an actual ball joint, meaning that the animals could move it's head in certain ways to deal more damage than a normal animal would. Obviously, I think Ferocity would be much more fitting for Triceratops instead of Tenacity.

Now, let's get back on topic.

I want a Stegoceras. Like this. It's so adorable! <3
Hilde
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Hilde »

I wasn't going for realism, it would be a triceratops ~inspired~ mop, like devilsaurs. Lol they did that test? That is awesome. The thing about it being tenacity would be that he has the protective layer on his neck and is big and stocky like a rhino. Also, my turtle(tortiose? he sure looks like one) can charge. He is also on fire.
Crotalus Horridus
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

A giant, flaming tortoise isn't a good argument because the animals are so different in shape, size, and appearance.

However, fitting Ceratopsians for Tenacity would be things like Pachyrhinosaurus, which probably did in fact charge at it's opponents and smashed their ribs.
Pachyrhinosaurus apparently came in a lot of different shapes as well, with some having no horns and a simple bump on the snout or these massive horns that look like they belong on a Rhinoceros.

Or, you could go very simple, like Protoceratops. Which by the way, comes from Asia, something that would fit the expansion. Note: Ceratopsians are thought to have long, quill-like structures on the tail. Most pictures, however, do not show this.
Makoes

Unread post by Makoes »

Logic does not matter here Crotalus. in MoP, even a seagull can be a Tenacity...This isn't even the right thread to argue "logic". This thread is: "Whats your pet wish for a model that's NOT in game?"
And a giant flaming turtle IS a good argument against your "logic", lol its a game with a giant flaming turtle as a pet that can tank...Logically a turtle would not be on fire and still be alive, let alone charging into battle... :p

I want to tame a Mog :3

ImageImage

~~~
~~~
~~~

Hilde
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Hilde »

Crotalus Horridus wrote:A giant, flaming tortoise isn't a good argument because the animals are so different in shape, size, and appearance.
[/img]
What do you mean? We don't even know exactly what this triceratops inspried creature would look like. If you would presicely measure the average velocity of an unladen swallow IRL it might not be the same one in WoW. If you needed this much realism concerning every animal the existing tenacity pets are inpired by, there would be very few left indeed.