Pets in the login screen

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Akycha
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Re: Pets in the login screen

Unread post by Akycha »

Ah well it was a thought. :(
Dysphoria
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Dysphoria »

I have been having the same issue as well of late. Without being mounted and with my pet next to my side, randomly it will not show up next to me at the log in screen :(

Does anyone know if this bug has been reported to Blizzard already?
Finduilas
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Norgannon EU (H) - Thrall EU (H) - Antonidas EU(A)

Unread post by Finduilas »

ah finally I found something on the topic. My pets show randomly. The same pet, sometimes it shows sometimes it doesn't. Somedays all my pets showed, yesterday none of the logged in hunters, but the one of the hunter I hadn't logged in. It's a mystery I find quite annoying. I love seeing my pets next to my hunters when logging out/in.

current signature thanks to Ashaine

Findu on Battle.net

Findu's stables

Gamma4077

Unread post by Gamma4077 »

I had this same problem, i had 11 characters and only one warlock had his minion behind him, until i deleted a character i never used,then all my pets and minions came back.
Danielfboone
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Draka

Unread post by Danielfboone »

Sometimes they show and sometimes not. I suspect it has to do with where you are when you log out. If I log out in Stormwind, or actually anywhere but in Pandaria, they always show at the next login. When I log out in Pandaria, it's hit and miss.
Kerafirewing
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Sisters of Elune (Used to be Uldaman)
Location: Grooming my pets by the stable master in the Tauren District.

Unread post by Kerafirewing »

Been doing this since Beta. I put it in then as a possible bug and has not been fixed and never got a reply to it. Along with the crane pets at least with pandas. Got a panda with a tamed crane and it is barely bigger than a battle pet. So funny running around with a crane pet and the jade crane battle pet. Indeed warlocks and hunters are affected. Does not matter if mounted or not as my level 13 hunter and even level 10 hunter (so can't use mounts) have them show up only about a third of the time. And I got the collector edition (store bought for book and such).

Guess it is not high enough priority for the moment to worry about if it is even a "bug" to them. All my dk toons are half their size on the select screen yet they tried to tell me it was the UI. This was also in beta prior to being able to have addons so was base code. Made it to live as they are still affected. My undead DK is barely bigger than a dwarf and my worgen is the same. Others show up fine but something happened with the code for them as well. So Blizzard may not even see this stuff as "bugs" and aren't worried about it. No clue there.
My precious guardians
Other hunters: Tobias, Roxie, Kynsia, Jaystus, Kegtapper, Noriana, Cleo, Lakota, Romulus, Roxie, Solari, Sahkura, Syren, Ladywolf
Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Unread post by Sukurachi »

Danielfboone wrote:Sometimes they show and sometimes not. I suspect it has to do with where you are when you log out. If I log out in Stormwind, or actually anywhere but in Pandaria, they always show at the next login. When I log out in Pandaria, it's hit and miss.

I doubt it has anything to do with where you logged out.

I have a whole bunch of toons, all of them logged out in Orgrimmar, and there is no rhyme nor reason to which ones have pets showing and which do not. In some cases, the same toon can switch pets and that pet will show in the login screen. Then I try this with another same-level toon, who has the exact same pet tamed, and do the exact same thing.. and no pet in the login screen.

There is no logic to it at all.

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

ghost363
Realm: Stormreaver

Unread post by ghost363 »

Hey guys this is kind of a late post but for you who havent figured it out yet, if your pet isnt showing up on the loggin screen its because you have more than 1 pet with you, the game doesnt know which one to display so it doesnt show any. I was having this problem so I thought i would just put all my pets except one in the stables and that was the problem. hope this helps.
Happy hunting. :headbang:
Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

ghost363 wrote:Hey guys this is kind of a late post but for you who havent figured it out yet, if your pet isnt showing up on the loggin screen its because you have more than 1 pet with you, the game doesnt know which one to display so it doesnt show any. I was having this problem so I thought i would just put all my pets except one in the stables and that was the problem. hope this helps.
Nope, that isn't it.

ALL of my 20 odd Hunters have all of their "portable pet slots" full. They all have the maximum number of pets with them.

Yet SOME of my Hunters' pets are showing in the loading screen, while other's aren't.

And the problem isn't "one account they show, the other account they don't". On the same account I have toons that show and others than don't.

oh, and my Death Knight is still a dwarf (despite being a Blood Elf).

"Step on no pets!"
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

Zhinru
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Unread post by Zhinru »

Sukurachi wrote:
ghost363 wrote:Hey guys this is kind of a late post but for you who havent figured it out yet, if your pet isnt showing up on the loggin screen its because you have more than 1 pet with you, the game doesnt know which one to display so it doesnt show any. I was having this problem so I thought i would just put all my pets except one in the stables and that was the problem. hope this helps.
Nope, that isn't it.

ALL of my 20 odd Hunters have all of their "portable pet slots" full. They all have the maximum number of pets with them.

Yet SOME of my Hunters' pets are showing in the loading screen, while other's aren't.

And the problem isn't "one account they show, the other account they don't". On the same account I have toons that show and others than don't.

oh, and my Death Knight is still a dwarf (despite being a Blood Elf).
If he's right, the char screen may still occasionally figure out which pet to show. To debunk this theory, you'd have to keep trying to log out with only one active pet. If at least once you don't have a pet on the loading screen but only one active, then this theory would be debunked.
Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

my level 10 hunter's pet doesn't show. he only has that single pet.

"Step on no pets!"

Zhinru
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Unread post by Zhinru »

Sukurachi wrote:my level 10 hunter's pet doesn't show. he only has that single pet.
In that case, I agree.
Windwolf
Realm: Agamaggan

Unread post by Windwolf »

My pets are NOT on the login screen. At first I thought it was just me, but now I see they're others. My pets work hard to not be on...in fact, they need to be in front of me lol
Rawr
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Rawr »

Seems really random for all my Hunters. Some have pets others don't, this is a weird bug. :mrgreen:

Zarenid
Realm: Terenas

Unread post by Zarenid »

Hi there, I'm sorry if this is an old Dead thread, but I think I have found a fix to the hunter pets missing on login!! this has so far worked for me more than once.

I tested in Stormwind city, and outside shrine of the Seven Stars.

For whatever reason it seems that wow, can't figure out how to display the pet, we all know that.
This fix I stumbled across makes it seem like you need a way to refresh your pets existence, so that it realizes.

So I mount up, fly up so my pet disbands and fades away, and then I land and dismount, and my pet reappears, and then I logout, and my pet appears in the login screen!

Note: characters that are unable to fly seem to be able to refresh the pet in that way, and the pets don't log in for me. possible that someone with a 2 person flying mount can help you there, that worked for my 86 hunter in shrine.

Also when you log in again and log out, the pet doesn't show in the screen again, seems that you always have to mount up fly and then dismount to get your pet to show on login screen.

Let me know if this works for any of you (: