CRZ and you ...The new way to tame those rare

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Banard

CRZ and you ...The new way to tame those rare

Unread post by Banard »

ok so i figure i let the cat out of the bag for all you crazy tamers who are qq over CRZ. I will give you a step by step process on how to tame your rares. For this i want lots of pickles...lots and lots of pickles.

What you will need..

(1) A friend to add you to realID
(2) know the location of the rare. Get NPC Scanner etc.

ok are you ready? Here is the step by step process:

(1) Fly to pet spawn point A check to see if he is there.
(2) If no pet, get friend to make a level 1 toon on some random server.
(3) random friend invite you, makes it a raid. (make sure he/she is the raid leader)
(4) you now go to that server...
(5) check for pet, if no pet go back to step (2)
(6) if you found pet go to new pet location and start steps over again.

You know longer have 1 server spawns point, you have them all. So happy hunting!

CRZ is awesome, love it, cherish it. See a horde? Gank it!

Edit: Ive been doing it with realid friends at higher levels...appears the level one thing is a no go. Also, as of last night farming goblin rep i tried this for the pirate rare that gives more rep..and the zone would not switch. This might of been hot fixed. Maybe we should of disbanded but we only though of that afterwards. (6000 more pirates to go!)

Last edited by Banard on Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Re: CRZ and you ...The new way to tame those rare

Unread post by Lisaara »

Not to be mean or burst your bubble but you realize the 'tame' thing is hardly the main reason people absolutely hate the CRZ thing, right? Infact, I think the rare tames thing is kinda low on the list compared to much bigger issues with it.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Banard

Unread post by Banard »

Your not bursting my bubble dear, i know all about the small amount of qq in this game over the best feature blizzard has added in years. And i am not trying to start an argument over it here. Just giving instruction on how people can use it to their advantage to tame rare pets.

Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Banard wrote:Your not bursting my bubble dear, i know all about the qq in this game over the best feature blizzard has added in years. And i am not trying to start an argument over it here. Just giving instruction on how people can use it to their advantage to tame rare pets.
Eh....Well this is all a matter of opinion. To me, it's the worst feature. This list here isn't going to change everyone's minds. I'm almost certain there are people who know of these methods already and calling everyone a QQer or saying we're QQing also comes off as a tad bit rude too since essentially QQing is whining or complaining for the sake of complaining when people have legit reasons to hate this feature.

Just my two cents.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Banard

Unread post by Banard »

Jessibelle wrote:
Banard wrote:Your not bursting my bubble dear, i know all about the qq in this game over the best feature blizzard has added in years. And i am not trying to start an argument over it here. Just giving instruction on how people can use it to their advantage to tame rare pets.
Eh....Well this is all a matter of opinion. To me, it's the worst feature. This list here isn't going to change everyone's minds. I'm almost certain there are people who know of these methods already and calling everyone a QQer or saying we're QQing also comes off as a tad bit rude too since essentially QQing is whining or complaining for the sake of complaining when people have legit reasons to hate this feature.

Just my two cents.

Again not starting an argument here. What's rude is the fact i have yet to post on these forums with out you trolling me...that is rude. So hard not to rebuff but i am going to refrain, this is just a taming guide for peeps that want to use it. If not meh. Last time i am responding to you too.

Tulune
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Ravenholt

Unread post by Tulune »

CRZ is not a good feature if you have to go through all that trouble to find a simple pet. Nevermind all the bugs that came with it, and the server economies it could potentially muck up.
Wut?
Sesamee
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Kil'Jaeden

Unread post by Sesamee »

One of the problems with this plan is that a lvl one will not be able to quickly or easily, if at all, travel to most of the places the rares we want to tame are. HGWT being taken out makes it even more difficult. I can see how this could work in certain circumstances though.

IMO CRZ is the absolute hands down worst feature ever added to the game. It adds a ton of problems while solving none! I think it's great though that if we are stuck with it at least people are getting creative and trying to come up with ways to work around this mess Blizz dumped on us. Although having to "work around" a terrible feature in a game we play for fun is kind of ridiculous! :/ Still, I give you an A for effort!

**But good luck trying to gank this Horde! Bring it!! :twisted: **
Banard

Unread post by Banard »

I had to post just had too...
It adds a ton of problems while solving none!

it solves a huge problem...being in a zone with 1 or 2 people? That's a problem. That is what this game was design for.

I have been doing northrend dailies because when i go there, there huge amounts of people. Me and my guildies have started mini-wars in several areas. Its a blast.

Look at the fun folks are having on halaa doing it cross relm...its like a new BG.

Look at the fun i missed and my guildy was rubbing me nose in it:

^ that is world pvp ^ that is WARCRAFT.

This game is meant to have people in it. And although on every server the majority of people hang out in SW now when you venture out there is people to compeate with, to group with, to fight with. Its awesome. There is more life into this game now then the past 5 years combine.

Its the end of a xpac and it feels like the first few weeks of a new xpac. Theres people out in the world!

That is the problem it solved, that is the issue. This is blizzard putting mm back into mmo.

And here i go saying i wasnt going to rebuff.
Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Unread post by Sukurachi »

it's only "meant" to be that way if you choose to play on a PvP server.
For those of us who don't, it's not the way the game is "meant" to be.

If you like starting "mini-wars", well, good for you. It's your pleasure.
But it's not everyone's.

And unfortunately, it appears there are bugs where the CRZs have been occasionally mixing PvP and non-PvP realms.

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

Meggers
Realm: Sargeras US

Unread post by Meggers »

I get you like it, but you come off a bit strong on your opinions of it there. XD
ImageImage
Banard

Unread post by Banard »

Sukurachi wrote:it's only "meant" to be that way if you choose to play on a PvP server.

You are right and wrong. Yes the pvp aspect is meant to be only on the PVP server but this game and zones were not build around having only 1-2 people in them. Blizzard has even stated this. The only other thing they can do close to this is merge servers. Any one want to fight over a name? a guild name? There would be so much qq on the forums over force mergers (maybe not some low population ones who are screaming for it, i am thinking couple medium populated servers)

yes there are bugs and lots of em, i was one of the first (after i stop being douche) to point them out on the CRZ forums, but in time it will be polished up more.
Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Unread post by Sukurachi »

well, I've never been alone in a zone, so I guess my server doesn't really NEED the CRZ thingy.

I play with enough other people, trust me, it never comes across as a solo game to me. And I don't even like grouping with strangers, and actually DO solo a great deal.

Maybe Blizz should instead concentrate on letting new players understand fully the implications of selecting a full server, or a medium one, or an empty server. I know that I chose a low-pop server on purpose. I hate fighting for resources with other people, and I accept that the server economy suffers because of this. But it is still my preference.

If you don't like being alone in a zone, choose a high-pop density server.

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

Gimlion
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Nordrassil

Unread post by Gimlion »

I think that the idea and justification behind CRZ is very reasonable; in an MMO, you're meant to run across other players, and this was clearly lacking in old zones. I do not believe that Blizzard's implementation was well done, as clearly shown by the horribly large amount of bugs. I also don't think that they clearly thought through any negatives, but rather bullheaded onwards towards what they believed was the ultimate solution to empty zones.

If they would have spent more time working out the kinks of the program, and not rushed it, I'm sure many people would not be so upset over it. But, they didn't fix any major issues because they were looking at their project with the rose-colored glasses that many people look through when examining their own work.

As for me? I'm just glad I finally tamed Loque after 4 years of hunting before this whole shindig went down.

Sig made by the Wonderful Serenith!

"You cannot judge me, I am Justice itself! We were meant for more than this, to protect the innocent. But, if our precious laws bind you all to inaction, then I will no longer stand as your brother." - Tyrael
Sesamee
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Kil'Jaeden

Unread post by Sesamee »

Not seeing people out in the world is only a problem if you'd rather be playing on a high pop server. If that's the case server transfers are available. It fixes none of the real problems of low pop servers like lack of raiding pool, fewer people to join your guild, pug with, do arenas, bg's, and the terrible economies while adding in all of the headaches. Not to mention the embarrassing fact the Blizzard let this feature hit live servers in such terrible shape. Eventually all the bugs will get fixed. Still doesn't solve any of the real problems low pop servers are facing.
Chimera
Realm: Nesingwary (H), Silver Hand (A), Moon Guard (A)

Unread post by Chimera »

Steering the topic back to finding rares.... Since cross-realm is going to be here for an unknown amount of time, possibly indefinitely, this is awesome. I read in another thread that people can server hop but i didnt know how it was done. You've explained how its done. I can use this method for all rares, not just tameables. As for cross-realm as a feature, i personally loathe it with my being.

Especially cause its affecting the transportation of players who are of the same server on 2-person mounts (sandstone, rocket, the motorcycles, etc.) by kicking them off the player who is carrying them. And also ive been meeting more unsavory people then nice friendly people. Im no longer enjoying the zones that have become cross-realm cause my server is getting flooded (or we're flooding them) with people who relish in griefing others. My ignore list is huge on my characters. Its awful.

But. This realm hopping method is interesting and i'll try it out a little when i get a chance. I gotta find some way to make this feature more pleasing rather then upsetting after all. We could be stuck with it forever.

Frostmarrow by LupisDarkmoon

| Dragon Cave | Magistream | Flight Rising |

Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

As a heads up, Blizzard may be changing it so intentional swaps can only be done every so often, so if you're going to be server-hopping for non-nefarious purposes, then you'll probably want to do so ASAP. :)

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Chimera

Unread post by Chimera »

Mmmmmm will do, thanks!! Lol after what i just said about the rare-hunting by server hopping, i can definitely understand why they're seriously contemplating changing that. Hopefully i can get lucky and nab Time-Lost before they do that >_< (fat chance but never hurts to try :lol:)

Akycha
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Akycha »

I helped a friend get a rare that way saw it was up and basically stayed logged in in the zone until he could get there to tame it. I'm not sure I'd go to the effort of trying to do it intentionally with various low level alts on various servers.
Chimera

Unread post by Chimera »

I just tried to follow these steps, the lvl 1 character cant convert to raid so we cant do this trick. :/

Edit: I made a lvl 1, invited a real id friend, gave them lead, and while my lvl 1 is now on their server, we cant convert to raid. lvl 10 is the minimum. When he invited me on a lvl 1, strangely it didnt let me cross over to him and instead i think (he didnt say what his timezone was) he ended up converting to my realm.

Gimlion
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Nordrassil

Unread post by Gimlion »

Sesamee wrote:Not seeing people out in the world is only a problem if you'd rather be playing on a high pop server. If that's the case server transfers are available. It fixes none of the real problems of low pop servers like lack of raiding pool, fewer people to join your guild, pug with, do arenas, bg's, and the terrible economies while adding in all of the headaches. Not to mention the embarrassing fact the Blizzard let this feature hit live servers in such terrible shape. Eventually all the bugs will get fixed. Still doesn't solve any of the real problems low pop servers are facing.
It's not meant to solve those problems, if that was the idea, then they would have made battle-group-wide Auction houses. Also, all the pug and BG problems aren't really problems with battle-groups and raid finders etc. There are multitudes of raids going on cross-server because of online services (which makes it sound like pay, but it's not really...) that allow people to communicate and put together groups outside of their home realm.

The CRZ is strictly meant to populate areas that nowadays are down to few to none players. It's meant to keep areas that aren't high traffic more like they're meant to be. I joined my first and longest lasting guild by interacting with people within zones. Back when places like the Wetlands were teeming with people actually interested in the quests and stories, not just power-levelling through to get to cap level. I know that cross-realm players cannot form guilds, but it doesn't mean you can't make friends, and go back to quest with them later.

Like I said, the CRZ's logic and reasoning? I'd give it an A+... Implementation gets about a D- for now though, but I'll withstand total judgement until they work out the kinks.

Sig made by the Wonderful Serenith!

"You cannot judge me, I am Justice itself! We were meant for more than this, to protect the innocent. But, if our precious laws bind you all to inaction, then I will no longer stand as your brother." - Tyrael