You be good. See you tomorrow. I love you

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

You be good. See you tomorrow. I love you

Unread post by pop »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alex_(parrot)

This is old news but can we have a tamable memoriam of this parrot?
pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Re: You be good. See you tomorrow. I love you

Unread post by pop »

I would love to see maybe a Goblin npc named paperburg that has a quest related to mechanical skinned parrot named A.L.E.X

Maybe reward you with said vanity pet or maybe also introduce a named tamable mob XD
Turgus
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Ravencrest

Unread post by Turgus »

-Warning opinion below-

Not to discount his accomplishments in helping us (humans) start to appreciate the cognitive abilities of other animals other than ourselves.
But I think that his death had less to do with genetics and may have been due to the extremely artificial environment he was subjected to.
It seems to be the elephant in the room with things like this.
As evidence for this I submit the fact that African Grey Parrots will pluck out feathers out of frustration and to vent energy and that Alex has not had any tail feathers for many years.
This activity is one of a list of neurotic behaviors that are often seen in domestic birds.
To me it is sad that such an exceptional bird would be forced to live in a laboratory preforming tests for us.
We must move past the point where the value of an animal is based upon its similarity to ourselves or what it can do for us, and to a place where they can... just exist... and we can appreciate them for just that.
-End Opinion-

Rest in peace little bird.
Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

As far as I can tell, there aren't any pets in-game based off of Alex. However, there are African Grey Parrot skinned parrots.

http://www.wow-petopia.com/look/parrotskingray.html

They're not exact, but they're quite close.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!