Anyone having Trouble tracking Rare foot prints??

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
wildstormz
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Shandris

Anyone having Trouble tracking Rare foot prints??

Unread post by wildstormz »

Ok im getting really mad... No offense i been trying chase Glimmer for like 3hours and i found all foot print and i flare etc... but i cant seem to find it.... Anyone know how i can find this silly pet i cant even get.... Do i need do any Quest to see it etc??? I done no quest i just went to zone and started camping just wanna make sure its not in phase or anything thanks.
Meggers
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Sargeras US

Re: Anyone having Trouble tracking Rare foot prints??

Unread post by Meggers »

I've been told its the hardest one. I suggest you go read through the full sticky thread on the MoP rares. As it addresses various issues (like backwards footprints)
ImageImage
Novikova
Realm: Moooooooon Guard. SC/FM.

Unread post by Novikova »

1) Turn down ground clutter
2) Prepare snacks 'n drinks.
3) Set aside heart attack medication
4) Find map. Why? Because it's Rare! is a great resource.
5) HUNTER VS WILD. Dodge mobs, players and such!

I won't lie, it's a good deal tougher than before. But the upside is people still really don't know/don't care/are too busy leveling, so competition isn't too crazy just yet. It took me an hour and a half to track down Savage, though I was going into the zone fresh and had not tried the tames on beta. It was interesting learning the route and getting jumped by mobs. x_X On the bright side, I got some green tea leaves along the way.
Image Sofia, the remarkably purple spirit cat as drawn by Ket Shi. :D

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!
Edanna
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Bored of all gaming, what else is new XD

Unread post by Edanna »

I've been told its the hardest one. I suggest you go read through the full sticky thread on the MoP rares. As it addresses various issues (like backwards footprints)

Really? Must have been lucky than it took me no more than 5 mins to find him the first time and I screwed up by been surv spec than I lost him for like 30 mins before finding him again and this time not screwing up!

I also totally screwed up savage I didn't know you had to flare him out I was at the end of the tracks looking for him >.> got him like an hour later but yeah two absolutely fail moments I was so angry with myself so I'm glad I managed to get them.

I hope portent comes as easily because I need the blue one and jade one and if the red appears ill take it too just not the purple coz his bleh
ejpaints
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Aerie Peak

Unread post by ejpaints »

I'm on a full server and the lag caused quite a delay on footprints showing for me. I have work today so I only went for cat but I would assume the same would go for all of them.
Enikka & Gara.
wildstormz
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Im already following backwards and i camping just before he can enter the pond like only 1 way through and i never able see him and i see print just go past me...
wildstormz
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Novikova wrote:1) Turn down ground clutter
2) Prepare snacks 'n drinks.
3) Set aside heart attack medication
4) Find map. Why? Because it's Rare! is a great resource.
5) HUNTER VS WILD. Dodge mobs, players and such!

I won't lie, it's a good deal tougher than before. But the upside is people still really don't know/don't care/are too busy leveling, so competition isn't too crazy just yet. It took me an hour and a half to track down Savage, though I was going into the zone fresh and had not tried the tames on beta. It was interesting learning the route and getting jumped by mobs. x_X On the bright side, I got some green tea leaves along the way.

I turn clutter down etc and i know where it walks through so i dono what going on!
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

Have you done the quests? Glimmer has a fairly large area he phases if you are fresh in teh zone.

Purple is where he may be phasing for you? When I got him earlier this morning, I only tracked him in the red/blue areas.

I edited Sam's map to show this.
Danielfboone
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Draka

Unread post by Danielfboone »

Does Savage phase at all? I can't seem to find his tracks and I started looking very soon after launch.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

Ive never seen him phase on beta and ive not done any quests. But I also havent tracked him 100% either.
Novikova
Realm: Moooooooon Guard. SC/FM.

Unread post by Novikova »

Danielfboone wrote:Does Savage phase at all? I can't seem to find his tracks and I started looking very soon after launch.
It felt like it in places, but I'm not entirely sure if that was so or it was me failing at keeping up with tracks. It was tough to spot them at first, but once I saw it, it got much easier. I ended up just running along his route, making sure to move my mouse around AND look so I could spot the thing.
Image Sofia, the remarkably purple spirit cat as drawn by Ket Shi. :D

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!
wildstormz
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Quivering wrote:Have you done the quests? Glimmer has a fairly large area he phases if you are fresh in teh zone.

Purple is where he may be phasing for you? When I got him earlier this morning, I only tracked him in the red/blue areas.

I edited Sam's map to show this.

Ah i been camping in the phase spots.... no wonder i cant see him and i only see his prints... lolz i feel so useless... Anyways how many quest i need do to able get into the phase to see him?? thanks for the reply.
wildstormz
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Quivering Thanks heaps i Just tamed him woooohoo you were right about the phasing spots etc thank heaps!
Ziarre
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore-US, Wyrmrest Accord-US

Unread post by Ziarre »

Glimmer's tracks are tiny, as well. +1 for recommendation to turn ground clutter to minimum, it helps a ton.
Acherontia wrote:

It's like daring someone to go insult a bunch of kindly old nuns. You'll wind up going back to your friends with a story about how they smiled at your insults and tried to give you cookies, or something.

Shaiel - 110 Night Elf Hunter
Sahkar - 110 Mag'har Orc Hunter
Tumblr!

Danielfboone
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Draka

Unread post by Danielfboone »

I got Savage today. As far as I can tell I'm second on my server to get him. I'm still not sure if he phases but I had trouble finding tracks around the area of the Jade Witch's hut before you cross the river. I also never saw any from his spawn point at 53,23 all the way to the Quarry area. I wound up going to the spot I had marked with HandyNotes where he turns around and heads back again. It's at 38,65 if you use coordinates. I just ran ahead and waited for him to get there. :D
Tilo
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Stormrage, Cenarius, & Ysera-US

Unread post by Tilo »

Got a tad frustrated tracking "Glimmer", my ground clutter is as low as it'll go, still had a difficult time seeing them, then finally got to Serpent Temple then couldn't find anything among the folliage... & yes I noticed the prints were backwards too...thankfully I did get him on the hunt I wanted him on about 10m ago. I wish, those paw prints were a little bigger; cause having a visual handicap they're extremely hard to see as they currently are.
♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪
Signature Kamoodle []
Jelani
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary

Unread post by Jelani »

I found him by standing where he crosses the fiver and flaring over and over <_< he HAS to cross that river

YAY! Flight Rising! Rawr!

wildstormz
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Anyone know best spot to camp Savage?? And where i should camp without having worry about silly phase issues thanks.

Found it :D
ejpaints
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Aerie Peak

Unread post by ejpaints »

Hubby and I both found savage by that downed tree laying by the road up north. I got him there on beta a few times too. So from my experience his NE pat area has been most successful. I generally lost him once he crossed the road heading west.
Enikka & Gara.
Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!