Terrorpene vs. Bloodtooth

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Re: Terrorpene vs. Bloodtooth

Unread post by Vephriel »

Terrorpene more or less guilt tripped me into taming him during the Cataclysm beta. The model, while awesome in its fiery splendor, wasn't one I had any intentions of getting. I tamed him in beta while I was exploring and looking for the new rares, and the gruff grumpy turtle melted his way into my heart. Igneous was an individual personality to me before a skin, so when the dragon turtles came out I was able to transfer him to the Bloodtooth model with relative ease since the Terrorpene model itself was never a large reason behind having him. I have much more fondness for the beautiful dragon turtle model than for the fire one, so now I happily have a pet that I love fully inside and out. :D
Gelannerai
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Baelgun

Unread post by Gelannerai »

Vephriel wrote:Terrorpene more or less guilt tripped me into taming him during the Cataclysm beta. The model, while awesome in its fiery splendor, wasn't one I had any intentions of getting. I tamed him in beta while I was exploring and looking for the new rares, and the gruff grumpy turtle melted his way into my heart. Igneous was an individual personality to me before a skin, so when the dragon turtles came out I was able to transfer him to the Bloodtooth model with relative ease since the Terrorpene model itself was never a large reason behind having him. I have much more fondness for the beautiful dragon turtle model than for the fire one, so now I happily have a pet that I love fully inside and out. :D

I do like the backstory you wrote for Ig's transformation. I'm just enough of an RP'er to really appreciate that sort of creativity. :D
Sherbe
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Draenor-EU, Korgall-EU. Bloodhoof-EU

Unread post by Sherbe »

Neither. I have Puca, the grey/pink/mint old world turtle, who is cute and derpy. I like the MOP-turtle look, but the face is too evil and intelligent and cunning-looking, it just looks like it CARES about things too much. Puca is like "Hmm, trees, hmm, tigers...hey, don't you hurt my mistress! So, I killed the tiger....can we go fish now?"

Hydra sig by Vephriel, may this hydra soon befriend Sherbe!

lilaughingwolf
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Zul'gin

Unread post by lilaughingwolf »

I have both Terrorpene and Bloodtooth. I never really went out looking to tame nor did I really want Terrorpene, but I saved him from slaughter back when he was first tameable, payed the 25g the tear cost pluss and extra 5g just to have the person attacking him let it kill him so I could tame it. (I was actualy camping it for my guild mate but after 2 hours they hadnt logged on yet and the other person showed up and started attcking it, I just could bare the thought of me watching him get killed) I put him in my stable and never really used him. Now in MoP expantion I desided to let him get some much needed exercise (besides he matchs my transmorg set so wonderfuly) I was suprised I started to bond with him. Well finding Bloodtooth a day ago I couldnt make myself say good by to the little guy, I mean after all he did wait a year in my stable faithfuly, patiently, and won my heart much to my suprise....so here I have both :)

My TonkaTuff (named after the Tonka toys)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

My Ryuu (hadnt changed his name yet, had just tamed him and was so excited)

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

I have Terrorpene and i love my little Barbecute and would not trade him for any turtle :) But it might help that i have 5 hunters and that the red dragonspiked turtle are planned on one of them ;) - but on my main Terrorpene is THE turtle to have :D

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig