King Krush?

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Electraa
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Bronzebeard

King Krush?

Unread post by Electraa »

Cherish the nostalgia moment before I continue.

Done cherishing? Good.

So alright; lazily doing WotLK dailies in the Argent Tournament so I can get my priest a decent RP mount for when she transfers to WRA. Lo' and behold, I look down from my flightpath and the, not-so-majestic, King Krush is out prowling around.

So, like any other hunter who loves collecting, like me, I logged out on my flight path, resetting it to the nearest spot, and flew back to where I saw him.

He wasn't there.

I patrolled the area, spawn points, places he walked, places he walked too get to other walking areas, and he was just -nowhere- to be seen.

I was quite disappointed, having been hunting for King Krush for quite some time. (Since level 80, mind you). And well, he just wasn't there.

No dead bodies, nothing, it was like he just had never spawned.

Now, I remember something like this happening several days ago. I was camping Magria(whom I know have), and another Ahnka had spawned. So I got onto my Mother's hunter and flew over; Ban'thalos was up, so I was rather giddy about getting the owl.

I tamed Ahnka, logged out and back onto my own hunter; and the owl just wasn't there.

Like King Krush, I flew around \ camped areas he was prone to fly \ walk to for about an hour and he just wasn't there.

Is this something just happening to me? A glitch? Or is this a thing where the flight path's are related into hosting spawns?
Eternallylostx
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Main is on Wyrmrest, alts on Mok'nathal

Re: King Krush?

Unread post by Eternallylostx »

This happened with Aotona to me. I guess someone tamed Krush and flew off. When I went back for Aotona, she wasn't there so I shrugged and moved on. By mind you, I spent about 3 days straight looking for Krush and Aotona. Found Loque 2 or 3 times, but he was probably tamed.

Signature credit to Ashaine; avatars by various people. Thanks! | Tumblr

s1ncer1ty
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Feathermoon

Unread post by s1ncer1ty »

It might also have to do with the cross-realm zones 'feature.' I don't recall exactly how it worked, but I /think/ flight paths are set to your home server, while individual areas may or may not be set CRZ. I could be mistaken in how exactly it works, but I've read other accounts on the main Blizz forums about people losing rares that dinged on flight paths, but weren't around when they flew back to check.
Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!

Unread post by Kurasu »

This is definitely because of the CRZ. When you fly over a place, yes. You are in a different 'zone' to when you land, and the cross-realm takes over. This is happening with pretty much all non-MoP rares. I pinged Time-Lost Proto Drake once this way. :(
Come see Kurasu's stables!
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

Also for Ban'thalos, has your mother's toon done the questing required to be in the correct phase?
Electraa
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

GormanGhaste wrote:Also for Ban'thalos, has your mother's toon done the questing required to be in the correct phase?

Both character's have done the quests there.

I do believe it's like what others have said, the Cross Realm zone feature, or something of the sort.

Way to be a tease though, Blizz, now I'm going to be determined to camp Krush for several days.

Oh the horror.

EDIT: Also, thanks for the quick responses guys, it's nice to know this isn't due to something of my own.
Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Definitely CRZ, unfortunately. Hopefully he'll be kind enough to show up on the realm you have access to soon!

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Electraa
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

I'm sure he will! What beast in their right mind can resist eating Gnomes four times a day? <3

And Kalliope, might I mention that your videos have helped me get a few of the Pandaria rares? ^_~. Savage has too be one of my favorites. :3

Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

D'aww, glad to have helped! :D

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Electraa
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Yep. :}

I'm tempted to get Bloodtooth, I adore his colors. <3