EDIT: Taming Buff Pets in 5.1 FIXED

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Dialga
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Re: Taming Buff Pets in 5.1 --Guide--

Unread post by Dialga »

Shadow wrote:Such a tease... just had a go where he didn't ding at all but came up as a pet and got rezzed... I hope that doesn't mean they fixed him. Has anyone else had that?

Edit: Twice now...
If the rez goes through, ever, you failed. You need him to despawn and the error screen 'Your pet is not dead'.
Shadow
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Kil'jaeden-A (US)

Unread post by Shadow »

Okay xD Glad to know. It's just not something that was really brought up before, all of the variations of what can go wrong before it all goes right. So I wasn't sure if it was my macro not working... if the tame was hotfixed... what...

Always be kind to your pets... or else.
When the last moon is cast over the last star of morning
And the future has passed without even a last desperate warning

Blog

Mousie
Realm: Arygos

Unread post by Mousie »

LF some help with buff pets, I'd love to help some other people out too. <3

Horde side
Mousie#1821
SylviaDragon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Drenden/illidan

Unread post by SylviaDragon »

90 ally hunter/ 70 horde pally reporting for duty! I love helping people macro tame their dream pets so feel free to pm me. I am willing to help with low level cross faction tames- including the pig, on my pally. I am happy to help both factions but please keep in mind that you will need a horde friend to invite me for flaming pigs if you are ally and if you are horde asking for an 85+ pet you will need to have a 90 ally friend invite my hunter to your realm. ;)
Kyro#1916

Tilo
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Stormrage, Cenarius, & Ysera-US

Unread post by Tilo »

helping a buddy with their cat tame & am just failing miserably >< :evil:

Edit 3 1/2 hrs later even with a second opinion = nada

Edit 2 : success Kitty Tamed

Anyone else been successful today?
♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪
Signature Kamoodle []
Shadow
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Kil'jaeden-A (US)

Unread post by Shadow »

Grats Tilo :D Sylvia helped me get mine just a few minutes ago too!

Notes: BM spec, gear on, didn't mouse wheel the macro because when I had it bound to my mouse wheel the macro wouldn't flash like it was working. So I swapped to manually clicking.
Attachments
Kitty.jpg
Kitty.jpg (138.63 KiB) Viewed 3013 times

Always be kind to your pets... or else.
When the last moon is cast over the last star of morning
And the future has passed without even a last desperate warning

Blog

Mousie

Unread post by Mousie »

Also, something else to note:

I hade Lone Hunter before they took away our ability to tame sparkle pets. I had him out in a BG (a non-rated, plain and simple BG), and during that BG, his buff got taken away somehow. I'm not sure which class can get rid of it (priest mass-dispel maybe?), but the buff was definitely gone after the game was over. I'd use caution bringing these pets into BGs (I'm not bringing mine into them anymore!), especially when they eventually retire these pets again.
SylviaDragon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Drenden/illidan

Unread post by SylviaDragon »

Grats you two! :D Glad i could help Shadow. And thanks for the heads up mousie.

Hay Tilo is it just me or is chain kitty bigger than savage in your screen shot?

Suicune
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Azuremyst/Staghelm

Unread post by Suicune »

Mousie wrote:Also, something else to note:

I hade Lone Hunter before they took away our ability to tame sparkle pets. I had him out in a BG (a non-rated, plain and simple BG), and during that BG, his buff got taken away somehow. I'm not sure which class can get rid of it (priest mass-dispel maybe?), but the buff was definitely gone after the game was over. I'd use caution bringing these pets into BGs (I'm not bringing mine into them anymore!), especially when they eventually retire these pets again.

That is very odd and definitely something we should do more research regarding. I had my oil wolf in wrath when they were first found able to be trick tamed with the film. I know the night I got mine, one of my friends kept trying to dispel him to see if he could 'clean' him of his buff. Needless to say it didn't work, even though I was mortified when he started doing it. I know I used him in battlegrounds, raids and dungeons, and he was fine through all of those. Unless the recently changed something in the original 'safe' zones, or they changed dispels...

So we know arena and rateds are bad for even perma-buffed pets. I guess we somehow have to test everything else again to double check... I did raids (Al'Akir, BWD) with my 3 new pets and they are fine. Was on server though, so I can't vouch for cross realm stuff like dungeon finder/raid finder. Cannot vouch for challenge modes because I haven't set up a group for them yet. Guess we have to check every dispel move again as well (I know pretty much everything was tested in wrath). I've race changed with buff pets tamed (oil wolf, flame boar) and xferred with them to PTR/Beta and all was fine even then.

Problem will be finding someone with a perma-buff pet who is willing to possibly lose the buff : /
Bleh.
~Queen of the Spirit Beasts~

Follow me on Twitter @GoddessSuicune

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/a ... e/advanced <-Main.

http://goddess-suicune.deviantart.com/ <-Rarely updated, too busy playing WoW. :lol:

The Dark Swarm is always looking for new faces! Stop by our Guild website: http://www.thedarkswarm.gamerlaunch.com (Azuremyst/Staghelm)
Mousie

Unread post by Mousie »

Buff pets are still able to be tamed after today's (1/8/13) reset.

Just got a hunter a oil wolf!
WildcatTM
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Feathermoon

Unread post by WildcatTM »

Can anyone help me tame Coldbite? I'm having a tough time with this one. WildcatTM#1552.

Rykochet
Realm: Quel'Dorei

Unread post by Rykochet »

I bet you can get the Terracotta Guardians in Kun-Lai, the buff that they have remains after death called frozen.
Dialga
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Dialga »

Rykochet wrote:I bet you can get the Terracotta Guardians in Kun-Lai, the buff that they have remains after death called frozen.
You can simply tame those normally to get that, though. Not every useful though, as they can't move or attack.
Arisia
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard US (H)

Unread post by Arisia »

SylviaDragon wrote:Hay Tilo is it just me or is chain kitty bigger than savage in your screen shot?
I'm not Tilo, but I have noticed that the chain kitty IS a bit bigger than other tigers. It's nice, considering my Arisia is a teeny belf... I can see her curled into him when camping to keep warm :D
Nimrod
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: EU - Ghostlands

Unread post by Nimrod »

Is there anyone that has successfully tamed with the new method on the EU servers available to help a friend and I with Kung Din?

We've been trying a few hours now without success, and we're quite convinced our problems are due to his latency (he's in east asia unfortunately) which is between 250-350ms compared to my 25ms (world latency).

We've both previously tamed other pets like this, with the old tricks and without (Oil-Stained Wolf when it was first discovered with the standard quest trick).

[Edit - we took a break from Kung Din and went after the Sha-Touched Prowler for practice and both got that after a number of tries]

Any tips are most welcome!

Rykochet
Realm: Quel'Dorei

Unread post by Rykochet »

After about 2 weeks the cranes have finally appeared, would someone help me tame one of these?

Rykochet#1173
Rarehunter1
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Rarehunter1 »

Would just like to give a shout out to Mousie, who helped me get Kung Din and a Sha-colisk tonight! They made taming these guys look like cake! Very pro tamer... only took us about 10 mins max on both!! lol Thanks so much! Now... If only I had more stable slots for the whole lot... lol :D
Attachments
Sha-colisk.jpg
Sha-colisk.jpg (130.24 KiB) Viewed 3011 times
KungDin.jpg
KungDin.jpg (136.07 KiB) Viewed 3011 times
Naggash
Realm: [EU]Twisting-Nether

Unread post by Naggash »

Does anyone can help on EU, horde side with Kung Din? I really like this pet, tigers are my favorite pet family.
IF so, please contact me Naggash#2811
Tilo
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Stormrage, Cenarius, & Ysera-US

Unread post by Tilo »

Ok I am starting to think the jade serpent daily hub doesn't exist on Ysera... I'm 90, I wait at the area for cranes, & I've seen nadda... 'shakes angry hand at evil daily dice rolls'
♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪
Signature Kamoodle []
Erynn
Realm: Wyrmwrest Accord

Unread post by Erynn »

Could I possibly have any help with trying to get this with one of the Ik'thik Terrorclaw's in the Dread Wastes? I'm Nyamh on Wyrmwrest Accord, and Mavron#1129 is my Battletag. Alliance, also. I've been trying to get his with a friend...but I've had no luck in it. I -know- we've gotten close...but haven't got it yet.
Last edited by Erynn on Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.