Aotona!!!

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Rhyela
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: US - Ysera

Aotona!!!

Unread post by Rhyela »

While I was out in Borean Tundra farming mammoth meat, my brother told me that he found Aotona in Sholazar. He mentioned he was going to kill it, and I said, "NOOOOOOOOOOOO!". I wanted to at least see her in person. So, I flew out there, and...released Rainey. Aotona is mine!!! But, now I miss Rainey already, so I'm omw out to get her again. lol... Which means that out of Apollyon, Dante, and Shikon, my only other option was...Tetsusaiga. So, my brother had a good idea to release Tetsusaiga for just a little while, since he's been with me for five years. So I went out to Winterspring, and told him to find himself a mate, and once he's had some cubs to pass on his lineage, I'll return for him (and yes, I already have a story brewing in my mind about it). Yes, I did what I said I'd never do and released my first love. But, I can get him back in Cataclysm. :)

So now I have Apollyon, Dante, Shikon, and a yet-unnamed Aotona, and soon will have my beautifuly Rainey back.

It's so tough only having five stable slots! I don't feel like I've done the wrong thing...yet.
Attachments
WoWScrnShot_051310_214202.jpg
WoWScrnShot_051310_214202.jpg (330.19 KiB) Viewed 1056 times
WoWScrnShot_051310_215149.jpg
WoWScrnShot_051310_215149.jpg (365.73 KiB) Viewed 1056 times

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Re: Aotona!!!

Unread post by Vephriel »

Awwww, it's sad to see Tetsusaiga go. ;_; I've never even seen him but I felt attached. xD

Grats on your Aotona though! I know how difficult those spur-of-the-moment tame decisions are. :hug: I'm sure your kitty will be waiting for you eagerly when you come to pick him up again. :)
Ryno
Guild Master
Guild Master
Realm: US Grizzly Hills, Deathwing, Wyrmrest Accord
Location: Wandering aimlessly under the effect of the Curse of Burgy BlackheaLET'S BUCKLE SOME SWASH!!

Unread post by Ryno »

Vephriel wrote:I'm sure your kitty will be waiting for you eagerly when you come to pick him up again. :)
And as this is posted, someone, somewhere, is thinking "Huh, a white lion in Winterspring. Odd. Oh well, I'll just skin it like the others."

:lol: I'm teasing... ;)

Gratz on Aotona, hehe.

Nevar
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Hellscream

Unread post by Nevar »

Grats!!! Shes so pretty /drool... Tets will come back to you pets are always there :)

Foxy and Wiley! <3

Siggy credit to Erwil! and Avatar credit to Erwil as well!!

Nick
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Nick »

This birdy has eluded me for a long while. I wonder if I'll ever see her.
/emocorner

But seriously, grats on the tame! :D

Battlenet: Nick#115610
|| Tumblr || Flight Rising || Twitter ||

Sonata
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Tarren Mill, Bloodhoof.

Unread post by Sonata »

*whipes away a tear* Tetsusaiga, you'll get him back in Cata!

Grats on taming that beautiful bird, you don't see her around that much like Loque so be proud to have her as your partner.

"I'm in SPAAAAACE"

Sasrei
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: US - Icecrown, Nesinwary

Unread post by Sasrei »

Aww grats on Aotona! I have her to and she is quite the beauty! I am sorry to hear about Tetsu but come Cata you'll find him again, and this time he may just have a family for you to tame as well!

thank you Ashaine and Kurenio!!!!

Azzrazzah
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary is the Shizznit,

Unread post by Azzrazzah »

Congratulations... My big ole white lion and I are in the same boat... But so far I've only traded out my wolf for other wolves.. I've wanted to tame others; and even went to the barrens to the pile of bones where we first met.. But so far I haven't been able to set her free..

I Came...I Saw...I Tamed

Akyo
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Altar of storms

Unread post by Akyo »

gratz on your new bird! ive been wanting her myslef but havent seen her. nor i have the space.
I released my white lion Ryuga ages ago when i hunted Skoll, though these days im considering releasing my skoll to retame my buddy that i leveld from 30 to 80 with. each time i see a white lion my face goes this: >8
I miss him and my skoll is dusting down in the stable.

While this feature of the Grimtotem Spirit Guide wasn't exactly intended... - it will still be possible in future for everyone who wishes to tame this NPC to do so
Redith
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: several

Unread post by Redith »

Wow...I feel kinda blessed..I accidentally found her and tamed he before I knew she was rare. And at first I was upset I found her and not Loque or Krush...but now I think shes growing on me....I just cant stand that she sounds like a parrot.
Tyuriwen
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Terenas (EU)

Unread post by Tyuriwen »

I shed a tear when seeing the 2nd screenshot...;_;

I've done the same with my Winterspring Pride Watcher, Erulissë. I let him go back to his pride in Winterspring, and I know that someday, he will be mine once more. I wanted to make Siouxsie (my Banshee-cat Gondria) a risen version of him when he died honourably defending his family, but a) I've always thought of Gondria as female, despite no obvious anatomical/behavioural differences, and b) I know he lives on somewhere in the vast coldness of Northern Kalimdor. So when the time comes, I'll know, and you'll know too.

Walk softly, and carry a big gun.

{My Pets|My Mounts}

Redith
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: several

Unread post by Redith »

Tyuriwen wrote:I shed a tear when seeing the 2nd screenshot...;_;
Wow...I didnt see anything sad....until I read the text...now I am sad :cry:
zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

Congrats on Aotona!!!

Although I'm a bit saddened by the loss of Tetsusaiga. You're a much braver soul then I. As soon as Cat hits call him back to your side!

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Gozu
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Kirin Tor

Unread post by Gozu »

Jaw is on the floor so gorgeous! Congratulations :D
Sarayana
Realm: Ysera-US, Nesingwary-US

Unread post by Sarayana »

I agree with zedxrgal, get Tets back as soon as you can. The moment the pre-cata patch drops and expands our stables. I'm so terrified of letting Rafa run free even though I know I can easily get him back. I just fear the bond will disappear. On the other hand, if I came across Loque or Arcturis, Rafa would be the only one in my stables I could reasonably let go... It tugs at my heart, just like your decision did. I understand why though, Aotona is a gorgeous bird.

Much gratitude to Spiritbinder for the signature and Vephriel for the avatar! <3

Rhyela
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

Sarayana wrote:I agree with zedxrgal, get Tets back as soon as you can. The moment the pre-cata patch drops and expands our stables. I'm so terrified of letting Rafa run free even though I know I can easily get him back. I just fear the bond will disappear. On the other hand, if I came across Loque or Arcturis, Rafa would be the only one in my stables I could reasonably let go... It tugs at my heart, just like your decision did. I understand why though, Aotona is a gorgeous bird.
I don't seem to have problems re-forming bonds with my pets I've released. Poor Sheldon has been in and out of my stables more than a few times, and I just got Rainey back last night. Writing stories about them seems to help me out, because I have a purpose, so to speak. If I just let them go on a whim, then that might sully it. But having a reason to tame them again later really helps to strengthen the bond. I actually feel more attached to Tetsusaiga now, even though he's gone, than I did before. Maybe I'm just weird like that. But they do say that absence makes the heart grow fonder... :)

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

I agree that forming a story or a reason of some sort for your pet to be away helps with the re-bonding. ^^ Even if it's just to myself, I always think up a little thing in my mind as to why my pet has to leave or go away for an extended period of time. Then it seems more natural when they return to me or I go pick them up again. :)
Sarayana
Realm: Ysera-US, Nesingwary-US

Unread post by Sarayana »

Hm. Maybe I should try that... :)

Much gratitude to Spiritbinder for the signature and Vephriel for the avatar! <3

Teigan
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

Grats on Aotona. And Tetsu will be there when he's ready to come back.
An idea I had..instead of releasing them back to the wild, how about releasing them at the Dalaran pet shop, in the stable stalls? Still "stabled" sort of.
Dakonic
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Baeglum

Unread post by Dakonic »

I never get the connection back with my pets, and I end up loathing myself for it.
Congrats though! Sad to see your guy go.
Dragon Cave: http://dragcave.net/user/Dakonic
Formally known as "celestial88"
Image Image Image Image