More griefers while rare hunting?

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Bulletdance
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Vek'nilash

More griefers while rare hunting?

Unread post by Bulletdance »

There may be some ranting invovled in this lol so I'll try to keep it short...but here goes.

I went after Sunwing this week and it was the first time I have tried for a rare since the horrible cross realm zone thing. I ran across what I'm starting to fear is a growing form of griefing. I had an alliance shaman (whom I would like to name, but probably should not lol) come land beside me while I had my hunter idling by his spawn spot. The shaman proceeded to spam emotes and pester me basically hinting that they would stay and kill the rare when it popped up. I put my minipet away got off my mount and used camouflage. Now thankfully this shaman had the attention span of a ball of lint and could not muster the mental fortitude to see past that little trick and flew off, but it did leave me wondering if its common for other hunters to run in to this problem now? Have you guys seen this more frequently with cross realm craziness? I did manage to get Sunwing tough and he's amazing. :D
Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Re: More griefers while rare hunting?

Unread post by Lisaara »

This isn't unusual. It happened even before those rares came around. It's just a bit more frequent now.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Valfreya
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Whisperwind, Blackrock

Unread post by Valfreya »

This use to happen so much back when the servers were full and people were leveling. Back in vanilla, I remember sitting in the barrens waiting for Humar, it took me two weeks to finally get him. He was killed 4 times during that camp by non hunters. So this has been happening in the game since the beginning. It seems like its happening more now than ever because there was a long time that low level rares were left alone due to no one being in that zone questing. Now with CRZ it has just brought back what once was and people that didnt play in vanilla and have experience with this it just seems new and mean. It sucks either way.
Novikova
Realm: Moooooooon Guard. SC/FM.

Unread post by Novikova »

Yeah, it's always happened. It was just nice before CRZ because the zones were quieter and I didn't have some herpaderp thinking it was totally freaking hilarious to kill my pet tame because WARcraft (dude, we're on a pve server...).

And definitely what Valfreya said.

It stinks, but hang in there! You guys'll get 'em.
Image Sofia, the remarkably purple spirit cat as drawn by Ket Shi. :D

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!
HunterFTW
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: muridain

Unread post by HunterFTW »

it would realy help if they just made the tame beast no touchable.cause even if it was back in days and its even worse now do to CRZ we deserve some help with the greifers.

i was camping acroniss and i had greifers there all week and heaven forbid they are still not at it.i was talking to some hunters and we where saying how annoying it is and we can't report them for this type of greifing when it IS.one hunter told me that one time he reported someone for killing a rare on him mid tame and the GM said he did not want to hear it.

my thought to this is its there own fault for alowing this kind of behaver from going on.sure you can't stop the flow of rude ppl but there are certain things they can do to prevent this.not saying everything can be stoped but this whole tameing rares thing can be helped by the simple spell change.

or we can take up the "if they kill it and you and had tame beast going they get droped to lvl 1 all there gear breaks and all there gold and values is given to the person they just greifed." extrem?maybe but to stop greifers i am will to do that.i would even combine it with the tame beast spell for added protection.
Zhinru
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Unread post by Zhinru »

My fix for rare pet griefing:

-Make tame beast usable on friendly targets (thus fixing pets that are untameable just because they're friendly issue along the way)
-Beast becomes friendly to the taming hunter and his faction for the duration of the tame. Its "PvP flag" follows the taming hunter, meaning if you're blue, so's the beast, becoming completely untouchable by others. Unfortunately on PvP servers it means the opposing faction can still kill it but I feel it's consistent with Blizzard's PvP server philosophy.
Poesje
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Tarren Mill

Unread post by Poesje »

HunterFTW wrote:or we can take up the "if they kill it and you and had tame beast going they get droped to lvl 1 all there gear breaks and all there gold and values is given to the person they just greifed." extrem?maybe but to stop greifers i am will to do that.i would even combine it with the tame beast spell for added protection.
Yes, because hunters aren't already derided for being juvenile and selfish. Please don't be a negative stereotype.
"O, si vile, si ergo, fortibus es inero! O nobile, demis trux. Vadis indem? Causem dux."
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Please chill. The last option was obviously extreme, and possibly meant tongue-in-cheek, but please don't be baited by it :)
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Twila
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn, Silver Hand

Unread post by Twila »

I've had it happen more times then I can count.

I remember my horde hunter in Winterspring flying around when cata hit just checking the area out and this other alliance hunter started following me (slow flying I had... so slow) and when I got near anything hed kill it. Saw Rak up, killed it, saw the white lion up, killed it to. Like.. really? Then he came horde side and did that all to over done "UMAD BRO?!"

I just had to reply. "Mad about what? I just came back after being gone sense wraths start and was checking out the new landscape now that we can fly here. As for those rares? I've had them already sense vanilla."

I think I made HIM mad, considering he followed me all over the zone. Way to waste your time.

Oh and don't get me started with Wrath and Loque first came out as the only spirit beast. We had people of every class that would camp him and then hold him for ransom. I kid you not, there seemed to be this one guild that started it, theyd agro and tank him, with a healer on them and demanding 5, 10, 35k gold at points to allow a hunter to tame it. Then others started trying the same tactic.

I've acually had a GM come in to witness it and over zone chat tell them to release the animal as it was a form of player harassment and wasn't allowed to 'sell' a tame in such away. Accounts from what I gathered were temp banned due to it.

Yeah.. we had some extream hunter grifing in the day...

Amisha - lv 100 Tauren Hunter - Silver Hand:US - Pet Stable
Twilatsuki - lv 95 Night Elf Hunter - Argent Dawn:US - Pet Stable

Battle Pet Collection

Tilo
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Stormrage, Cenarius, & Ysera-US

Unread post by Tilo »

During the tame make the pet not attack-able... i.e. your tame spell makes the pet not attack-able by other parties, but the pet still noms on you while you tame, simple. Then no others can attack it to grief. :)
♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪
Signature Kamoodle []
Jared

Unread post by Jared »

"I kid you not, there seemed to be this one guild that started it, theyd agro and tank him, with a healer on them and demanding 5, 10, 35k gold at points to allow a hunter to tame it. Then others started trying the same tactic."

I think what I would have done is killed the pet they were trying to hold hostage. Since they were deliberately and repeatedly denying players the ability to tame as a form of extortion, I would have deliberately and repeatedly denied those jerks the ability to profit from being douche bags. If people want to be jerks, I have NO problem giving them a taste of their own medicine.
Twila
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn, Silver Hand

Unread post by Twila »

Jared wrote:
I think what I would have done is killed the pet they were trying to hold hostage. Since they were deliberately and repeatedly denying players the ability to tame as a form of extortion, I would have deliberately and repeatedly denied those jerks the ability to profit from being douche bags. If people want to be jerks, I have NO problem giving them a taste of their own medicine.
Oh trust me, I have. And so have others who were getting fed up with them. They pretty much had people posted around Loques spawn timer to nab him to try and earn gold from. It even got to where there was no point camping for it, as they had someone at every spot waiting, and if you tried to get the tame they'd pull agro off you... or kill it to stop you from making them lose out on gold.

Thank god GM's started getting involved to put an end to it. Apparently after getting so many reports from hunters about this group (and copy cats trying to get in on it) the GM's joined the camp off to catch em.

It took me to near the end of wrath before I at last got a Loque tame, if it wasn't for them idiots trying to ransom that kitty off I likely would have had em a lot sooner.

I think that is one of the more extream forms of pet grifing in my books. Holding a per for ransom for gold. @.x

Amisha - lv 100 Tauren Hunter - Silver Hand:US - Pet Stable
Twilatsuki - lv 95 Night Elf Hunter - Argent Dawn:US - Pet Stable

Battle Pet Collection

Tsuki
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Tsuki »

*flying over Sholozar Basin to get to EoE*

And then I get a VERY VERY rude whisper. I was barely inches away from the invisible wall ceiling, and this guy just whispers me out of nowhere. I have reasons to suspect it must have been an addon or something, because it was the SECOND I entered the zone.

WARNING: VERY HARSH LANGUAGE!

[_____] Whispers: "Yeah that's right hunter faggot, just keep going. If you so much as fucking take one step down here i will rape every fucking beast here with my two-hand dick masher. serves you selfish rare bastards right taming a faggy little dinosuar and making everyone suck its dick"

~Signature made by Serenith~Image~Signature made by Serenith~

Angerfang
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore,Stormrage,

Unread post by Angerfang »

i find that suspect... i know for a fact using language like that is an automatic 48hr ban.. i guess im fortunate or people on my server are a little more "adult" since playing in the vanilla beta onward ive tamed every rare in the game practically multiple times and never had someone grief me... ive had other hunters camping the spots and get tames from me but never any childish stuff

if they did say that i hope you reported them ...
kiechae
Realm: The Sha'tar(EU)

Unread post by kiechae »

Tsuki wrote:*flying over Sholozar Basin to get to EoE*

And then I get a VERY VERY rude whisper. I was barely inches away from the invisible wall ceiling, and this guy just whispers me out of nowhere. I have reasons to suspect it must have been an addon or something, because it was the SECOND I entered the zone.
Wow, that is absolutely atrocious. I hope you reported him for that. (If nothing else, using an addon to harrass people has got to be against the TOS :/ )

For myself, i havent had anyone grief me on the new rares. My server is pretty low pop and no crossrealm so I'm lucky that way. I did get griefed quite a bit during molten front however. Especially with skarr/karkin. People would just kill them all while I was taming.
Tsuki
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Tsuki »

Yeah, I reported him the second I got that.
Seriously, some people need to just... not say stuff :c

Nick
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Nick »

Tsuki wrote:Yeah, I reported him the second I got that.
I think that's why people invented duct tape.
Too bad it doesn't work over the internet though. :|

Battlenet: Nick#115610
|| Tumblr || Flight Rising || Twitter ||

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Tsuki wrote:Yeah, I reported him the second I got that.
*facepalm*

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Zhinru
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Unread post by Zhinru »

Those situations are one of the reasons I believe some other classes should be able to "tame" some types of mobs. Not as a "ok, stfu, get your own tames" but more of a "now you fight over rare spawns or get griefed". Also, it would just be amazing to replace your ghoul with a different undead mob, or choose your felguard's skin.
Tsuki
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Tsuki »

NEW ABILITY FOR WARLOCK: ENSLAVE.
ENSLAVE TARGET DEMON, LETTING YOU SUMMON IT WHENEVER YOU WANT.
I would totally enslave one of them eyes :B