The New PetEmote Thread - Incubus Ideas

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard, Hati's Realm

Re: The New PetEmote Thread - Void vs Warp?

Unread post by Iowawolf »

It appears the newest void ones are working I logged my void elf and his stalker is talking like the rest thank you for fixing it and keep up the good work.
Varethyn
Petopia Artist
Realm: Azjol-Nerub EU

Re: The New PetEmote Thread - Void vs Warp

Unread post by Varethyn »

Glad to hear it!

Check out PetEmote here! | Visit my Flight Rising lair!

Rest in peace mum. I really did love and miss you, even if I never got to see you.

Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Re: The New PetEmote Thread - Void vs Warp?

Unread post by Vephriel »

Varethyn wrote:If that's the case it really will make a difference, as once upon a time Water Elementals had a lower case e for elemental and one day their emotes stopped working until I capitalised it. Or they never worked until I did, I didn't mage back then x) I'd been going off the voidstalker skin listed under warp stalkers - which is labelled as one word - and all efforts to find them on WoWHead yielded nothing on either version.

New custom emotes for Void Stalker available for testing!
Yeah it's a little confusing because the void elf pet is 'Void Stalker' but there's a minipet one called 'Voidstalker' so I guess they haven't decided which they like. Glad it's working now!
Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Just logged my Voidie and his stalker is still talking so the fix did the trick.
Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Just wanted to say after seeing my voidie talking now I like the emotes she says not sure if same as warpies cause I don't use my warp much but seeing my voidie share food with her master or bask at his feet is really cute.
aine
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by aine »

Hi everyone! I am a massive RPer and I talk with my succubus pet constantly so I fell in love with pet emote. I made a whole list of custom things for my succubus to say and I am loving it. There is only one problem: Whenever she does a random emote inside a dungeon that I did by "queue for a random classic dungeon", the emotes don't work because it is broadcasting the emote in the party channel. No matter if it's randomly triggered emote, if I manually type /pe random, or if I hit my macro that does the same, the emote will play but immediately be followed by "you aren't in a party", and presumably nobody will ever see the emotes but me.

Is there a way to have the random pet emotes to work in instance or say channel? I didn't find any configurations to do this. The emotes work fine out in the world and in cities, it's just when I queue for a random dungeon, they get broadcasted into a nonexistent party channel. Thanks for any help!
Varethyn
Petopia Artist

I'm glad to hear you've been enjoying the addon so much, and that it adds to your RP!

It's odd that it should be broadcast in any channel as it simply is a character emote (/e). Had it only been the /pe commands I'd have assumed it to be a conflict with the /p party command. That and it only happening in queueing for random classic dungeons makes things rather confusing. Unfortunately all the technical stuff is on my brother's side while I handle the emotes themselves so I don't know what else could be causing it other than the core having not been updated for a good while. Despite my numerous attempts to get him to do so. I'll send him another message and hope he does it this time.

In the meantime please keep me updated with any issues. If anyone else is experiencing this or other problems do let me know. I'm sorry I can't otherwise help at this moment.

EDIT: As an afterthought, could you please give me an example of the custom emotes you made? Just in case there's something there.

Rest in peace mum. I really did love and miss you, even if I never got to see you.

aine

Unread post by aine »

Well It was doing this when I had pet emote freshly installed with all the default ones, it would still say "you are not in a party" every time one triggered, so I don't think changing the phrases slightly has anything to do with it. What some people have suggested though is that it only broadcasts in party channel when in dungeons because of a courtesy to other players, I guess they didn't want you filling up other people's chat box with unnecessary emotes when they are trying to do dungeons/raids, and it only works in party because usually you know people in a party and they might be okay with it compared to randoms
Varethyn
Petopia Artist

Sorry, I've not been sleeping properly so not sure what made me think that would be a thing. The filter system makes sense, however my brother finally got an update of the addon out and thinks he knows what caused the error to pop up. Please let us know if it keeps up despite the update :)

REMINDER. Be sure to keep all of your custom emotes saved in a word document of some sort as updating the addon will erase any and all custom emotes you have entered! You will need to retype them each time you update. Sadly there is no way around this as it depends on the core code. The only way to keep custom emotes is to suggest them here to be added to the core in future. Apologies for this inconvenience.

Varethyn
Petopia Artist

Re: The New PetEmote Thread - New BfA Families!

I woke up today to see four, potentially five, new families being added in BfA! Those being Krolusks, Pterrordax, Horses (potentially, not in yet from what I can tell), Lizards and Toads. I will be working on new emotes for them all but as always suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Confirmed Horses not becoming a family. Sabercorns are Stags. Cos that makes sense.
Last edited by Varethyn on Sat Jul 07, 2018 7:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

For the dreamrunners, horses, here is one...

(pet name) grazes on grass then looks at his/her master/mistress before trotting away
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

Toads : He/she knows it's not easy being green. (Reference to Kermit ). Not sure if it works but I thought it to be funny
Toads: Ribbet, Ribbet. What else do you want me to say?

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

For Dreamruuners…

takes off at a gallop free as a bird then nearly avoids running into his/her master/mistress
Varethyn
Petopia Artist

Re: The New PetEmote Thread - BfA Family Emotes

I've been working on and off on emotes for the four new families coming to Battle for Azeroth - Krolusks, Lizards, Pterrordaxes and Toads. As we should now all be aware, or if you're not aware, Horses are not a confirmed family and the unicorns/saberhorns/dreamrunners are part of the Stag family instead. At this point in time I have a good amount of emotes for Lizards, Pterrordaxes and Toads as you can see below:

Lizard (largely pulled from Warp Stalkers):
ImageImage

Pterrordax:
ImageImage

Toad:
ImageImage

Please let me know what you think of these and/or if you spot any errors. As always, additional suggestions are welcome!
However, so far I have had little to no idea what to do for Krolusks so if you guys would be so kind as to offer some ideas and maybe explain what they're like in-game it would be massively appreciated :hug:

Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Terenas, Argent Dawn

Unread post by Krysteena »

Gonna slide in and say that these all look great! I definitely need to download your addon now that I have some idea of how downloading addons actually works, as well :'D at least I think I have some idea

For Krolusks? I think they're kinda like big bugs. So stuff like-

'x makes a series of clicking sounds with his jaw'
'x chitters excitedly/angrily/impatiently'
'x skitters around his master's legs whilst making an odd clacking sound'
'x rattles his carapace threateningly/impatiently'
'X lets out a low hiss'

-might work for them? They don't seem like they'd be super cuddly with their hunter but they might be? I don't know. I just know I wouldn't want a giant bug-looking thing cuddling up to me like I'm their best friend.
somnomania

Unread post by somnomania »

Just dropping by to say that PetEmote is behaving weirdly for me since the pre-patch stuff went live. It's showing as if I don't have the addon myself; I'm seeing "Ahotewa 's wolf Kajika growls softly" for example. I've disabled it for now, because the way it's supposed to work is what I enjoy most about it (I don't care how other people see the emotes, lmao).
Varethyn
Petopia Artist

Thanks Krysteena! I added your suggestions and finally got around to doing some proper research on the critters, both on WoWHead and the trilobites they're based on. Here's what I've got so far, let me know what you think!
ImageImageImage

somnomania - Hopefully it will be fixed when the addon is updated. Both of us have either been busy with other projects/work or been ill. Or plain lazy. Curse this heat! As always, however, I ask everyone to monitor the addon before and after updates so we can see that it is all working properly and of course to offer feedback/suggestions if you have any!

Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Terenas, Argent Dawn

Unread post by Krysteena »

Looking good, I'm loving them all so far! Krolusks are weirdly endearing, especially the little cleaning emote you've added :D
Teigan
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

Really liking the krolusks. Those are some wonderfully quirky emotes. Bugs were always the most fun to write for me :D
Jolyroger
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Draenor, Atiesh (Classic)

Unread post by Jolyroger »

Where would you like us to post bug reports on PetEmote? I just posted one on CurseForge, but want to know if you would like it here as well?
Jolyroger: Worgen Hunter (Draenor)
Dirus: Night Elf Hunter (Atiesh/Classic)
Shaylis: Night Elf Hunter (Atiesh/Classic)