The New PetEmote Thread - Incubus Ideas

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Re: The New PetEmote Thread - BfA Family Emotes

Unread post by Lisaara »

Wish there was a way to separate spirit beasts into their different animal categories like Loque would have spirit beast and cat emotes.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

bunni
Realm: hellscream

Unread post by bunni »

Hi There.

Yeah I have tried downloading the file to be able to edit pets emotes but cant seem to get it to work. Used it years ago but some advice on what to with the file would be good. Is it the exe file etc?
Varethyn
Petopia Artist
Realm: Azjol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Varethyn »

I see. When you open the folder you should have the "de" and "en" folders, "PetEmote.Core.dll" and "PetEmote.Editor" applications and "PetEmote.Editor.exe.config" file. The one you want is PetEmote.Editor. Also, have you extracted them from the zip file they are downloaded in? It won't work while compressed so you'll want to make a new folder for it.

Check out PetEmote here! | Visit my Flight Rising lair!

Rest in peace mum. I really did love and miss you, even if I never got to see you.

bunni

Unread post by bunni »

yes I see pet emote editor but wont run it. ( an application file) says application cant be started. NOW saying cannot find within add on directory!!! oh hell and you have to install pet emote. Which I have installed via twitch curse thing.

Sort of running then crashing and giving this message

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'PetEmote.Core, Version=1.7.1.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
File name: 'PetEmote.Core, Version=1.7.1.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'
at PetEmote.Editor.Forms.MainForm.Revert()
at PetEmote.Editor.Forms.MainForm.MainForm_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.
To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].
Varethyn
Petopia Artist

Unfortunately that doesn't mean too much to me. Both Ethan and I are about to (if not already) go to bed so we can't check for right now. One last thing I can suggest before I go for the night is if you haven't already, download and install Microsoft .NET Framework. Let me know if that works and I'll update the first post with the new instructions. If not I'll attempt to collar Ethan for some troubleshooting.

I apologise wholeheartedly for your trouble. Sadly it is an old program with no other ways of getting it so there's bound to be the odd kink.

Rest in peace mum. I really did love and miss you, even if I never got to see you.

bunni

Unread post by bunni »

TY trying to down the Microsoft frame thing and see what happens. Nope still nothing. The box loads with the setting to do the emotes etc then says unexpected exception has occurred in your application. shows a quit or continue box. if u try continue it doesn't work and quits. says also could not load or assembly @petemote.core=1.7.1.1culture=neutral. publickey token=Null.

then a box of text says

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'PetEmote.Core, Version=1.7.1.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
File name: 'PetEmote.Core, Version=1.7.1.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'
at PetEmote.Editor.Forms.MainForm.Revert()
at PetEmote.Editor.Forms.MainForm.MainForm_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.
To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.8922 (WinRelRS4.050727-8900)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
PetEmote.Editor
Assembly Version: 1.7.1.1
Win32 Version: 1.7.1.1
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/agc77/Desktop/PetEmote%20Editor/PetEmote.Editor.exe
System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
Accessibility
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll
System.Configuration
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Core
Assembly Version: 3.5.0.0
Win32 Version: 3.5.30729.8931 built by: WinRelRS4
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/3.5.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

will be interested when you have time if you have any ideas now ty no rush
Varethyn
Petopia Artist

Looks like Ethan is at work today but I'm frustrated about this enough to at least try to do some research in case fragments of the original files exist. The very original do not, understandably. One place I looked at said it started working for them when they got Notepad ++ after also suffering crashes, baring in mind said post is a few years old. I am however concerned that it doesn't recognise the addon core.

If this still doesn't work until I can ask Ethan for advice I am willing to make you a personal custom emote file, assuming they are not emotes you'd be happy to add to the addon proper. If you're interested send me a PM with your emotes and I'll add them for you.

If anyone else is suffering, or has suffered, a similar situation could you please let me know what happened and how you fixed it? It's been far too long for me to remember what I'd gone through. I want to collect as much info on this as I can as to prevent it in future.

bunni

Unread post by bunni »

hi thanks for replying, tried the notepad thing and updating Microsoft network thing still the same error, do you want to speak to Ethan see what he thinks and yeah maybe we'll see about a custom file ty
Ethan Centaurai
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Unread post by Ethan Centaurai »

I hate to say it, but without the source code for the editor I don't think I can accomplish much. Which operating system do you have? And do you know which version of the .net Framework you have?
Varethyn
Petopia Artist

It's possible the .NET Framework link I posted may be outdated, in which case try this one. And while I'm sure it should be correct I'm going to suggest checking to make sure the PetEmote addon is in its proper place and try adding my custom emotes file as well (extract the files and copy/paste the custom-emotes, custom-emotes.lua and custom-emotes.xml.bak files into the addon folder and replace if prompted).

This is why I keep Ethan around, if not to help me understand codes and errors but make me think of silly things like this :'D Though if none of this helps either I fear we may be at a loss.

bunni

Unread post by bunni »

I keep trying with it but still not working, not sure which version of Microsoft network it is. operating system is windows 10. I guess its a issue somewhere. What is well weird is the PE emote is working ok om its own in WOW. its this addon that's problematic to write the extra emotes. Might just be a cofliction issue or something. Sorry to put you to so much issues about it. I do appreciate you trying
Ethan Centaurai
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Unread post by Ethan Centaurai »

I honestly couldn't say. I wish I had access to the source code to have a better idea. :(

Windows 10 normally comes with Net Framework 4.6 installed by default. The latest version is 4.7.2 and can be found here. I don't know which version the PetEmote Editor was built with but newer versions of the framework should be backwards compatible.
Varethyn
Petopia Artist

I just had my younger brother install it, though he uses Win7, and it worked completely fine without Notepad++ or knowing what version of .NET Framework he has. The PetEmote Editor was made with version 3.5 of Framework, which is the first one I linked. I'm honestly at a loss unless other people who use Win10 can offer some ideas.

I truly am sorry for the issues it's brought you. My only thoughts are to make sure everything was unzipped and put in a new folder properly (make sure everything in the folder goes with, not just the Editor program) and make sure Windows is up to date. It might also be worth removing and reinstalling the PetEmote addon.

Varethyn
Petopia Artist

Re: The New PetEmote Thread - Blood Beasts

Okay guys and gals, tell me about these crawgs and blood ticks... :)

Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Crawgs

Crawgs are beasts found in Nazmir on Zandalar. They are mostly found accompanying blood trolls. The blood trolls create crawgs by corrupting the tadpoles of Krag'wa, the frog loa, with their blood magic.

The horns of a crawg grow at a tremendous rate starting almost immediately after they are born, and is among the hardest of natural materials found on a living species.

They have a voracious appetite and can be seen eating large quantities of meat (both fresh and rotting).

Blood Ticks

We don't know that much about Blood Ticks. We do not know if they were originally a different beast that was corrupted, have always existed as they are, or are a creation of the Blood Trolls. Due to them being capable of taming and retraining, they may have always existed as a natural beast. We do know that they have different development stages. When young they are small land-bound creatures with a large fragile sack on their back that is filled with the blood that they drink. As they grow, their legs get longer (including growing an additional pair of legs) and a membrane forms between them that allows them to fly. They also lose the sack that contained the blood that they drank, and two pairs of tusks grow from their face.

Like Crawgs, they have an appetite for flesh (both fresh and rotting), and they appear to still drink blood even at an adult stage. They seem to have a difficulty staying still; they are almost constantly moving and twitching as adults.
Varethyn
Petopia Artist

Thanks for the info Valnaaros :D Is there anything anyone can tell me about how they act in-game as well? Just so I have some areas to pull inspiration from (I really should update my subscription and check it out myself but I've been really eh about the game lately).

I also now realise I need to start thinking about how PetEmote will work with the Classic servers when they come out. Time to brush off the Happiness factor and tweak some families!

Fawn-Dew
Realm: Us-Proudmoore

Unread post by Fawn-Dew »

so this may come off oddly, but I'd love an option for the addon that avoids using the master/mistress term ...mainly because a few times after an emote goes off calling me 'mistress' on my female toon I'll get a whisper of rather creepy levels, I'm not sure what term we could use other than just hunter/huntress in place of it, but an alternative would be nice, maybe something gender neutral ?
Varethyn
Petopia Artist

Not odd! I've been asked about gender-neutral options before, and mistress can have some... questionable connotations. However there is no possible way to add it as an option alongside the existing master/mistress as there is no code for such in the game or the editor - only male or female. If it were to be a main feature of the core addon I would have to go through and edit/remove every line that mentions master or mistress.

What I can do to get around it is make separate copies of the custom emotes for people who'd rather be gender-neutral or use hunter/huntress. The downside is they would have to be downloaded manually from the first post here as there would be no way to switch between them in the core. Would that be something that would be of interest?

As for gender-neutral terms, what would people like to be referred to as? Master could work for both genders, or I could use simply Owner? I'd love to hear everyone's thoughts!

And while I have people thinking. While doing some research before, I came across a (fairly old) thread wherein someone mentioned their dislike for emotes in which the pet will interact with targeted players and considered them 'god-mode-y'. Would this be something people would like to have changed? Maybe lower the probability of them triggering rather than outright remove them?

Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Bowno »

What about partner or tamer?
Or it can just %t the hunters name and state the name of the hunter who owns it. Sure, we'd be seeing the hunters name twice, but.. It's an option as well.

Siggy under construction!

Fawn-Dew
Realm: Us-Proudmoore

Unread post by Fawn-Dew »

I dont mind the targeted emotes myself, but then I'm not on an rp server, so maybe have it be toggleable? is that possible?

and I would love to get a set of gender-neutral emotes even if it means downloading it from here, that's no problem for me, for terms, I rather like the idea of Companion, Hunter, or Partner it always felt a little odd being referred to as an owner type position when my pet was a spirit beast for instance I'd rather feel more like they chose to go with me rather then I owned them