The New PetEmote Thread - Incubus Ideas

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Re: The New PetEmote Thread

Unread post by Lisaara »

TygerDarkstorm wrote:
Junrei wrote:Are the Voidlord's supposed to have emotes like the ghouls? Mine apparently likes to roar and eat brains and shout.....I remember mine being very....quiet....
It's already been mentioned several times (mostly in the old thread) that it was an unintended bug and that even though they don't have those kind of emotes in their files (Teigan showed a screenshot of them not being there), they and gorillas were spouting out random ghoul emotes. I ended up working them into my voidlords personality. xD
Ah. I've never seen it mentioned before. XD

@Vare - Well guess my voidlord is gonna be slightly 'mad' for awhile....and I don't mean the angry kind.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

I just noticed a bug with the monkey emote.

"Tardis flings something smelly at Rushi the Fox and runs to hide behind his master."

But Junrei is clearly a lady...so master should've been mistress.

LisaaraPokefarm

Varethyn
Petopia Artist
Realm: Azjol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Varethyn »

Junrei wrote:I just noticed a bug with the monkey emote.

"Tardis flings something smelly at Rushi the Fox and runs to hide behind his master."

But Junrei is clearly a lady...so master should've been mistress.
New file is up with the fix, as well as a few other typo fixes.

Remember guys, if you find anything wrong with any emotes or can think of any neat emotes you'd like added to any families, let me know :)

Check out PetEmote here! | Visit my Flight Rising lair!

Rest in peace mum. I really did love and miss you, even if I never got to see you.

ashdawn
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by ashdawn »

Im having trouble with this addon, it wont install when I open WoW it doesnt even say the name in the addon box, I have put the files into the addon folder like any normal addon, I really want this addon because it will addon personality to my pet

take a drink every time I said addon.
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Well it's name won't appear in the addon box. Only a few different addons will. Pet emote is accessed by /pe

And thank you! I've got a few in mind.

Direhorns
Direhorn wanders up to a tree and starts rubbing his/her horns against it, marking his/her territory.
Direhorn wanders up to a rock and starts rubbing his/her horns against it, sharpening his/her horns.
Direhorn gives his/her master/mistress an affectionate nudge with his/her horn.
Direhorn stands infront of his/her master/mistress protectively, shielding his/her master/mistress from harm.
Direhorn stands infront of his/her master/mistress protectively.

Crocolisk
Crocolisk bumps his/her snout affectionately against his/her master/mistress.

LisaaraPokefarm

Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Caught a typo in one of the wolf emotes:

Fenris pads along at his master's side, ready for anythying.

Thanks! :)

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Varethyn
Petopia Artist

Cheers Kalli! Also sneaked in Junrei's emote suggestions. New update is up on the first post :)

Rest in peace mum. I really did love and miss you, even if I never got to see you.

Zhinru
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Unread post by Zhinru »

There is this command that lets the PetEmote to consider your pet to be part of another family. However AFAIK it doesn't actually do much, maybe change the emote people without the addon see. Would it be possible to use that command to actually change the emotes pet is using to the ones of it's "new" family? For example, if I had Arcturis and typed that command to make him a bear, could that command make him use bear emotes?
Varethyn
Petopia Artist

I don't think it's possible to do that. The addon looks at the actual family of your pet in-game, not the commands you give it. That command is mostly to personalize your pet a bit more - as an example instead of so-and-so's pet bear it would be so-and-so's pet fat bear. Afaik the only way to make your pets use emotes from other families is using the PetEmote Editor to manually change them. Unfortunately it is no longer being update or hosted anywhere as the original site was taken down.

Zhinru
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Unread post by Zhinru »

But if the addon is saving what family I subscribed my pet to for the purpose of "Zhinru's pet bear does X", it could potentially first check if it has another family saved there, what family is saved there, and if there's none, call an emote from the list for what pet actually is?
Kalliope

Yay, thanks for the update! *installs merrily*

YouTube Edition

Gnarsht
Realm: Staghelm

Unread post by Gnarsht »

Yea I got a Direhorn myself & kinda sad it has no emotes yet
Gnarsht

Unread post by Gnarsht »

Yea I have a Direhorn but still using the version on Wowmatrix & don't see an update on that with the Direhorn emotes
Gnarsht

Unread post by Gnarsht »

I usually use Wowmatrix which was still usin the last version the newer upgraded one wasn't on there yet
Varethyn
Petopia Artist

First of all, welcome to the forums Gnarsht! Secondly, if you have something extra to add to a post after posting it it'd be appreciated if you use the edit button to save on spamming :)

As far as I'm aware the addon hasn't been updated on WoWMatrix for some time mainly because the guys in charge of managing the hosting aren't signed up to it. I'll give Ethan a poke to see if we can update that too. In the meantime it is fully up to date on Curse. Failing that make sure you added the custom emote file from the first post of this thread :)

Gnarsht

Unread post by Gnarsht »

I did & now my Direhorn is content grazing on bushes & plucking tufts of grass & TY for the welcome I been using Petopia for a while now but just decided to join on the forums
Demonicow
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Echo Isles

Unread post by Demonicow »

hey i find that Tongues is a good addon because it has /petspeak also i use this addon alot and most of the time people dont notice it or dont seem interested by it also just wondering why sometimes the pet will make two emotes at the same time like

Demonfang growls cordially, snarls when a bee stings him on the muzzle

also after looking in the .lua i noticed it still used the context of pet happiness
and since all pets are always happy 2/3 of these emotes are left unused by todays standards just wondering why lol
"Y’know, Taurens are born hunters. You ever see a Tauren catch a salmon out of a stream? It really is quite exciting. You ever see a Tauren stalk a python? 'Course you haven't. That's because Tauren are so adept at blending in with their surroundings."

"Five curses and spite live in each gnome this truth cant be ignored, the best way to get rid of a gnome is to throw that Gnome Overboard.""

Armory
Varethyn
Petopia Artist

Tongues is fun to use alongside PetEmote if you like coming up with things for them to say. I guess it's not used often because of the fact that it's largely manual, whereas PetEmote is automatic.

The addon sometimes strings multiple emotes together to make them more interesting. This does have drawbacks such as extremely long strings and bad grammar. Unfortunately that's not something that can be fixed easily xD

As for happiness, the mechanic was removed from the game a while ago, true. However, by default all emotes will be randomised regardless of previous mood labels :)
There is also a command (which I've forgotten at the moment, oops) that allows the hunter to set their pets' mood if they only wanted a certain group of emotes to pop up. Good for RP. Though a lot of emotes I've added since I took over haven't had moods attached to them yet.

Demonicow
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Echo Isles

Unread post by Demonicow »

there are emotes for content and umhappy i have never seen used before which brings me to the conclusion that it would be better if all emotes were changed to be used under the context of ["condition"] = PetIsHappy :!: and if the time comes i may modify the addon and after looking over the emotes for hydras it really makes me wish they were tamable :cry:
"Y’know, Taurens are born hunters. You ever see a Tauren catch a salmon out of a stream? It really is quite exciting. You ever see a Tauren stalk a python? 'Course you haven't. That's because Tauren are so adept at blending in with their surroundings."

"Five curses and spite live in each gnome this truth cant be ignored, the best way to get rid of a gnome is to throw that Gnome Overboard.""

Armory
Kalliope

Demonicow wrote:there are emotes for content and umhappy i have never seen used before which brings me to the conclusion that it would be better if all emotes were changed to be used under the context of ["condition"] = PetIsHappy :!: and if the time comes i may modify the addon and after looking over the emotes for hydras it really makes me wish they were tamable :cry:
But this was already addressed here:
Varethyn wrote:There is also a command (which I've forgotten at the moment, oops) that allows the hunter to set their pets' mood if they only wanted a certain group of emotes to pop up. Good for RP. Though a lot of emotes I've added since I took over haven't had moods attached to them yet.
Those emotes are still used; you just have to use the command for toggling "pet happiness."

YouTube Edition