How to Kill a Dinomancer

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Clou
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Area 52, Wyrmrest Accord, Moonguard

Re: How to Kill a Dinomancer

Unread post by Clou »

Managed it in 455 gear here - specced silencing shot, and used intimidation to buy a few seconds if the timing was off slightly. Only really went wrong if I positioned badly and pulled a bunch (even then, my beetle lived through more than she probably should have)
Edanna
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Bored of all gaming, what else is new XD

Unread post by Edanna »

If i can kill them on my 85 hunter 90 should have no probs.

Even killed oondasta on that character and solo'd the direhorn dropping rares I feel elite lol

Direhorns are also really easy for me perhaps I should farm the bones on my 85 cause I kill a hell of a lot faster than huntalot
>.<
AdamSavage
Illustrious Master Hunter

Unread post by AdamSavage »

They should nerf the drop rate of the battle pets from these guys. It's getting ridiculous how many have dropped.
I believe if you can believe out of nothing an explosion (big bang) happened then how far fetched can god be?

Dr. Who Video!

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

Least they sell for like 60 or so gold XD I still need one raptor.
AdamSavage

cowmuflage wrote:Least they sell for like 60 or so gold XD I still need one raptor.
That's true, and I can make some gold by lvling them up to 25. However, I'm getting more then I can lvl up in a day. I typically only lvl up 1-2 Battle pets in general. When my friend went to the Island at first, I had to keep telling her to not freak out when the pets drop. Told her the drop rate is pretty high.
I believe if you can believe out of nothing an explosion (big bang) happened then how far fetched can god be?

Dr. Who Video!

Danielfboone
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Draka

Unread post by Danielfboone »

Huntalot wrote:If i can kill them on my 85 hunter 90 should have no probs.

Even killed oondasta on that character and solo'd the direhorn dropping rares I feel elite lol

Direhorns are also really easy for me perhaps I should farm the bones on my 85 cause I kill a hell of a lot faster than huntalot
>.<
Well I'm an iLvl 485 level 90 Hunter and I can't even solo the Zandalari Scouts, let alone the Warbringers. The Dinomancers and small Dinos are pretty easy though.
Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Danielfboone wrote:

>.<
Well I'm an iLvl 485 level 90 Hunter and I can't even solo the Zandalari Scouts, let alone the Warbringers. The Dinomancers and small Dinos are pretty easy though.
What's giving you trouble with the scouts?

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Danielfboone
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Kalliope wrote:
Danielfboone wrote:

>.<
What's giving you trouble with the scouts?
They kill the pet and then shortly after, me. I get close and suddenly my pet dies and it's game over. They really don't drop anything worthwhile anyway though so why bother?
Kalliope

Danielfboone wrote:What's giving you trouble with the scouts?
They kill the pet and then shortly after, me. I get close and suddenly my pet dies and it's game over. They really don't drop anything worthwhile anyway though so why bother?[/quote]

They can drop the big bags too, if you need crafting mats.

Scouts don't hit very hard, so I'm guessing it's just the spirits nuking your pet? Stand at max range and distracting shot the spirit to keep it off your pet and you should be fine. :D

YouTube Edition

Equeon
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Thorium Brotherhood

Unread post by Equeon »

I just set my pet on passive and kite them both around a bit once the spirit is summoned. Even if you make an oopsie and a spirit kills your pet, you can easily ice trap + otherwise slow the scout in time for you to rez your pet.
Danielfboone
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Equeon wrote:I just set my pet on passive and kite them both around a bit once the spirit is summoned. Even if you make an oopsie and a spirit kills your pet, you can easily ice trap + otherwise slow the scout in time for you to rez your pet.
I've never been able to kite anything worth a hoot. If I can't "tank and spank" something, I'm in trouble. I also always forget I even have distracting shot, I use it so little.
AdamSavage

I guess this would be kiting, but when your pet is getting low on health turn him on passive and let the pet mend bring up health, then send him back to the Dinomancer.

Dr. Who Video!

Kalliope

That's not kiting, that's more of a melee-type strategy. Kiting is when the aggro stays on the hunter and it just gets dragged to death.

YouTube Edition

Danielfboone
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

AdamSavage wrote:I guess this would be kiting, but when your pet is getting low on health turn him on passive and let the pet mend bring up health, then send him back to the Dinomancer.
Go Beast Master, spec into Exhilaration, use a Spirit Beast specced as Ferocity so you have Heart of the Phoenix, use Intimidation, put the pet's Spirit Mend on auto cast so he will use it on himself, and Dinomancers are cake.
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

I used a tenacity crane and would pull 2-3 at a time. I had to use mend pet like once.

I'm not sure why people's pets are dying on the dinomancers?
Tsaikojen
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn

Unread post by Tsaikojen »

At first I was having a hard time, but then I realize I was under the effects of Resurrection Sickness from dieing to fatigue. (was trying to fly to Thunder Isle... :oops: )

I'm BM spec if that helps, but am able to tear apart several at a time. The Dinomancers heal doesn't seem to target other Dinomancers or 2-3 would be pretty impossible. I'm not that well geared, mostly quest items and a few purples. 1 on 1 the Dinomancers don't get my pet below 90% health. I had a good thing going, but on the 7th kill I got my tome to tame a useless Direhorn. :roll:

Edit: If you freeze a Dinomancer a few seconds they cast their heal immediately when attacked, wasting it while their at full health. Dunno the recast time on the heal, but the Dinomancer was dead before they could try casting it again.

AdamSavage

I watched a Survival Hunter do it, but his Item lvl was 497 and had the pvp title "Lieutenant Commander".

Dr. Who Video!

Tsaikojen
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn

Unread post by Tsaikojen »

AdamSavage wrote:I watched a Survival Hunter do it, but his Item lvl was 497 and had the pvp title "Lieutenant Commander".
Probably smoking a cigar and holding a scantly clad blonde chick wielding a sawed off shotgun while his pet bald eagle made it's presence known. Also, he wore a leather jacket, cause real hunters wear leather!

Makoes
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

so I tried to see about farming the tomb today and quickly discovered...I suck at this! And intimidate was NOT working to intterupt the heal O.o Cast intterupt at about 1/2 through its heal, and...it still healed as if nothing happened...scatter seems to be the only thing working for me interupt wise and the CD on that is to long for the heal CD.
And there's no-one else on the island I can ask for assistance

If anyone wants to help me Makoes#1664

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

Kalliope

Read the first page of the thread and spec for silencing shot. :)

YouTube Edition