Ability Idea: "Bestial Command"

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Tsaikojen
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn

Ability Idea: "Bestial Command"

Unread post by Tsaikojen »

Posted in the Hunter forum here: (plus you get to see my charming face)
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/8197180105

Came up with this in another thread and just wanted to throw it out there. Several classes have an ability that allows them to temporarily switch specs, or at least alters their main spec in a way to simulate these other specs. What if Hunters had such an ability which allowed them to temporarily become something other than DPS? Bestial Command will depend entirely on which spec your current active pet is. When activated, the hunter goes into a defensive stance with damage reduction and the "Mend Pet" effect is active on the pet for the duration, which functions like a vehicle.

Note: The specs would function similar to Druids. Along with what is listed below all pets will have Growl and Cower. While I'd like Growl to be on a /mouseover action I dunno if vehicle mechanics could work. While under the effect of the ability the pet will not have access to family abilities. BM pets would be somewhat stronger than MM and Survival, but all specs should get equal utility from this command.

Ferocity - The pet will have access to Beast Cleave (swipe), a bleed DoT and a strong attack with a high critical rate. The pets DPS is increased for lack of hunter DPS.

Tenacity - The pet will have access to Beast Cleave (swipe), a stun(melee) and a strong attack that causes a lot of threat. All attacks made by the pet will cause threat and the pets health will be increased. (Instead of a single strong attack it could be Stomp, which wouldn't cause as much damage as Beast Cleave and have a longer CD, but would put out a lot of AoE threat)

Cunning - The pet will have access to a stun(ranged), a buff that causes half damage of 1 target to be shared with the pet and a Mend Pet-like effect that can target other players. While the ability is active with a Cunning pet the Hunter is put into a Camouflaged state.

Wanted the spec of a pet to reflect a purposeful function.