Skyscreamer Tame?

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Miacoda
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn(US) - Alliance, Nesingwary(US) - Horde

Re: Skyscreamer Tame?

Unread post by Miacoda »

WildcatTM wrote:You guys really went far with this hoax.
Hey, there was an hour long LFR queue!
Also I just really like looking at pterrorwings they're so precious. ;A;

Thank you to everyone who has made me a signature!
AKA TheDoomcookie
Mia's Stable|DeviantArt|Tumblr

Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

It doesn't hurt to check out the possibility. Sometimes unlikely reports from first time posters DO turn out to be legit! It's about 50/50.

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Rawr
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Rawr »

I hate it when people do this, they think they are being funny when really they are just being mean. :x :mrgreen:

Equeon
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Thorium Brotherhood

Unread post by Equeon »

If such a thing were to be true...

I would be on dat.
SO FAST.
Crotalus Horridus
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: N/A

Unread post by Crotalus Horridus »

Kalliope wrote:It doesn't hurt to check out the possibility. Sometimes unlikely reports from first time posters DO turn out to be legit! It's about 50/50.
I think it may be possible they're telling the truth. I think.
However, the fact that they didn't say what color the pet was or what the persons name or server was is kinda strange, and I doubt the person would say upfront ''If you're doing this for Petopia, then don't tell them my name and server'' when they were confronting them.
Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Bowno »

While I know it's not often the case, the fact that this person only has 2 posts (those two posts being these posts) kinda tells me that this is BS.

I wish is wasn't BS though. But two vague posts and then nothing more seems a liiiitttle fishy.

Siggy under construction!

Deanman
Realm: Drenden

Unread post by Deanman »

Ok folks, I came here after searching the web about this damned pet, because I saw it for myself, and a guildie did as well.

We are on Drenden, low low population, but we'd just finished killing Galleon, so there could have been some cross realm people hanging around. Right on the edge of the cliff, was a male troll hunter (98% sure), just standing there, with a Skyscreamer combat pet, with a name over it's head. People started flying off after the big boss kill, so i didn't get a name on him. Guildmate saw it too, so we said "holy crap, it IS tameable!!!" and immediately flew off to the island to get ours too... only to find none were tameable.

The Skyscreamer was about the height of a tamed T-Rex, dark color, and was absolutely NOT part of a stampede, nor could it be from dire beast (wrong zone). It was also not the mount, it was too small, and the guy was standing next to it.

The only other thing i can think of is a glitch that shows the wrong model. I've had this happen a few times, along with, for example, my warp dragon out walking around with me but the name displayed was for a different pet and species.

I know what I saw and I have a witness! lol
seiferzero
Realm: Nemesis

Unread post by seiferzero »

mmm.... so i have two questions:

1) if it is really true, so that someone have it as a pet, on wowhead the cache would be here, so in the hunter pet section, somewhere we can find his 3d model flagged as tameable (as the worms orange and green, that were already in wowhead when we discovered they were tameable). is there a way to search it? (for example there is also a direhorn boss flagged as tameable but cannot be targeted

2) is there a way on armory to search directly the skyscreamer as an hunter pet? a search mode?
Kalliope

It would be really nice if a witness could grab a screenshot as well. Then we'd have some concrete tangible proof to go off of and get us really thinking.

And if this isn't an overly elaborate troll, are there any obscure skyscreamer mobs we haven't thought of to check?

YouTube Edition

seiferzero
Realm: Nemesis

Unread post by seiferzero »

they also does not have their own family with abilities (they are not terrorsaurs nor direhorns) so this is very unlikely there is one tameable. the worms had their family, this one not... not yet, like the beavers
Kalliope

seiferzero wrote:they also does not have their own family with abilities (they are not terrorsaurs nor direhorns) so this is very unlikely there is one tameable. the worms had their family, this one not... not yet, like the beavers
That doesn't necessarily mean anything. Hydras weren't a family either, yet we got the ghost hydras because of a misflagged crocolisk base.

Also, though this was beta, there was only one type of mushan and one type of yak that were tameable; the rest were not.
Last edited by Kalliope on Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

YouTube Edition

Malackai
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: EU- Kazak

Unread post by Malackai »

Deanman wrote:Ok folks, I came here after searching the web about this damned pet, because I saw it for myself, and a guildie did as well.

We are on Drenden, low low population, but we'd just finished killing Galleon, so there could have been some cross realm people hanging around. Right on the edge of the cliff, was a male troll hunter (98% sure), just standing there, with a Skyscreamer combat pet, with a name over it's head. People started flying off after the big boss kill, so i didn't get a name on him. Guildmate saw it too, so we said "holy crap, it IS tameable!!!" and immediately flew off to the island to get ours too... only to find none were tameable.

The Skyscreamer was about the height of a tamed T-Rex, dark color, and was absolutely NOT part of a stampede, nor could it be from dire beast (wrong zone). It was also not the mount, it was too small, and the guy was standing next to it.

The only other thing i can think of is a glitch that shows the wrong model. I've had this happen a few times, along with, for example, my warp dragon out walking around with me but the name displayed was for a different pet and species.

I know what I saw and I have a witness! lol
mm dark model as in blue/yellow one or the purple greenish one?

this is getting weirder and weirder XD

the only thing I can think of if its the blue/yellow one
is the patrolling troll at the beach with the pet and somehow glitching it maybe of some kind but that's pretty much the only thing I can come up with.
perhaps there's some mobs that spawn skyscreamers? aka similar with the parisite.
My flightrising: Flight Rising
My DA page: http://malackai.deviantart.com/
Miacoda
Realm: Argent Dawn(US) - Alliance, Nesingwary(US) - Horde

Unread post by Miacoda »

There are mobs that spawn pterrorwings in later unlockable parts of the island but I've already checked those. I've checked the one that spawns with the rare on idle of thunder, I've checked the named one on the boat that's with a future quest mob... Everything that I know to exist except one which by the looks of it doesn't show up at all until later unlock able content on Isle of Thunder.

I'd really like some sightings by fast screenshot takers if this is indeed a thing.

Thank you to everyone who has made me a signature!
AKA TheDoomcookie
Mia's Stable|DeviantArt|Tumblr

Dini

Unread post by Dini »

What's with that (maybe horde-only?) quest where you have to cath a young skyscreamer?
I usually check every beast I see, but when that quests was up on my server I forgot it.
Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Bowno »

This still sounds like a bunch of bull to me.
And again, post count is what is doing it for me.
Can we get an IP check on the OP and Deanman? Just to confirm it's not the same guy going out of his way to trollolol? Don't need the IP of course, just a yes or no on if it's the same.

I hate to be that person, but this just really seems like someone who is quite bored to me. Hopefully I am proved wrong though.

Equeon
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Thorium Brotherhood

Unread post by Equeon »

Dini wrote:What's with that (maybe horde-only?) quest where you have to cath a young skyscreamer?
I usually check every beast I see, but when that quests was up on my server I forgot it.
Tested this yesterday after reading the post.
You can't even attack the hatchling, definitely not there. I checked the tamed version, Thunderwing, back on Violet Rise, not tameable (at least by Alliance.)
Tsuki
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Tsuki »

The rare blue Hatchling Skyterror cannot be tamed. :c
Yes, even though it and it's regular white/orange cousins are not listed as beasts (they are not listed as anything), beast lore does work on them, For both, it says Cannot be Tamed, and for both, Tame Beast gives Invalid Target.

~Signature made by Serenith~Image~Signature made by Serenith~

Rarehunter1
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Rarehunter1 »

Were there any Skyscreamers in the solo scenerio events after each phase of Thunder Isle unlocks? Or any in the treasure room thing? And I guess all were checked on Isle of Giants...

Anyhow, it is fishy that the original poster only posted twice, and with very vague info, plus the only other one saying anything about it was a one time poster who could very likely be the same person..... hmmm. I'm not buying it. At least the guy who proved appearance buff pets were still tameable in Mists provided screenshots and communicated more clearly....
Apaché
Realm: Darrowmere

Unread post by Apaché »

anyone also notice that both accounts were made the EXACT same day that they posted? i agree, ip check please. but i guess, that still may not prove it. it could be 2 seperate trolls or one just using a different computer.
Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Bowno »

Rarehunter1 wrote:Were there any Skyscreamers in the solo scenerio events after each phase of Thunder Isle unlocks? Or any in the treasure room thing? And I guess all were checked on Isle of Giants...

I actually checked this today since I did not yet do the solo thing to unlock the new dailies yet on my huntard. I went through and tried to go over to where the skyscreamers should have been, but a warning came up saying that I was about to abandon my mission and that it would bring me to the nearest Graveyard. So that is out of the question I'm thinking.

So at least for solo instance to phase 2 is a no go.