Skyscreamer Tame?

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Wassa
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Re: Skyscreamer Tame?

Unread post by Wassa »

HunterFTW wrote:in other news i tamed Deathwing.he can't be summoned though cause he takes up the whole dame zones.
Please. I did that back at the beginning of Cataclysm.

CallDeathwing.PNG
CallDeathwing.PNG (12.7 KiB) Viewed 2828 times
Yay for glitches.
I also need to find my old screenshots of when I used to model edit. I turned my pets into some crazy stuff.
[/color]

A rare visitor to this forum now that I don't play WoW anymore, but forever a Petopian.

Silivren
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Sunbeam Ruins, Tamriel, Westeros, Thedas, etc.

Unread post by Silivren »

Wassa wrote:
HunterFTW wrote:in other news i tamed Deathwing.he can't be summoned though cause he takes up the whole dame zones.
Please. I did that back at the beginning of Cataclysm.

CallDeathwing.PNG
Yay for glitches.
I also need to find my old screenshots of when I used to model edit. I turned my pets into some crazy stuff.
[/color]
I want to tame Illidan /swoon <.<
Last edited by Silivren on Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Grekkor

Unread post by Grekkor »

Wow, I registered here for the first time because when i saw it no one else had info on it and I thought I would ask. This was a tame as I said and the glitch involves methods outside of WoW which is why I left it alone. The hunter lost the pet after logging out. As of today 3/19 11:03pm EST the "tame method" is still able to be used but as I said since I now know how it was done and what it uses I am not willing to tame one for a screen shot. Sorry if everyone thought this was a troll, I didn't think 2 posts would cause such a panic.
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

The fact that you didn't provide a screenshot or a method on how to tame it or even which mob it was is why people are calling it a "troll" post. You tantalized everyone with information then left a lot of glaring holes blank even after a bunch of people were trying to run around and debunk whether or not you were telling the truth. ;)

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Ijomi
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Ijomi »

It could have been an honest mistake of misinformation. If not, what's that old rule of Trade, about not feeding something? :s

Let me give Runty a good home. :hug:
Flight Rising!
deviantART!

Agravaine
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Bleeding Hollow

Unread post by Agravaine »

Grekkor wrote:Wow, I registered here for the first time because when i saw it no one else had info on it and I thought I would ask. This was a tame as I said and the glitch involves methods outside of WoW which is why I left it alone. The hunter lost the pet after logging out. As of today 3/19 11:03pm EST the "tame method" is still able to be used but as I said since I now know how it was done and what it uses I am not willing to tame one for a screen shot. Sorry if everyone thought this was a troll, I didn't think 2 posts would cause such a panic.
Panic? You obviously weren't around for the Garwal debacle. Now that you've dropped the bomb, people aren't going to rest until they prove this or prove it false. And then you'll either be a forgotten troll or infamous for being responsible for another hotfixed glitch pet. My money's on the former.

Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Bowno »

Grekkor wrote:Wow, I registered here for the first time because when i saw it no one else had info on it and I thought I would ask. This was a tame as I said and the glitch involves methods outside of WoW which is why I left it alone. The hunter lost the pet after logging out. As of today 3/19 11:03pm EST the "tame method" is still able to be used but as I said since I now know how it was done and what it uses I am not willing to tame one for a screen shot. Sorry if everyone thought this was a troll, I didn't think 2 posts would cause such a panic.
Rofl. I'm still calling Bull on this. xP

Siggy under construction!

Crotalus Horridus
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: N/A

Unread post by Crotalus Horridus »

If you want to prove yourself correct, then why not provide a screenshot to prove it once and for all? Seems pretty strange to me.
You also didn't explain the method of taming to us, which is also pretty strange. If you didn't want to tame one for a screenshot, why not tell everyone else what to do so they can try and see if you're telling the truth or not?
Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

That sounds....extremely dodgy, and something that should be bug reported as well as left alone entirely. Assuming, of course, that this is even something Blizzard can fix, since you're going outside the game to do it. It sounds like bannable territory, assuming that this claim is indeed true.

Sorry that you take such great offense at being doubted when all you're giving us to go on is the word of someone we've never seen before. The wording may have been a little overboard at times, but the fact of the matter is you provided no actual tangible proof and we don't know you, so what sort of reaction did you expect?

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Gumballs
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Gumballs »

You guys really know how to make a new member feel welcome here eh? This is exactly why I left here, everyone is wound up so tight they jump down anyone's throat the second they get the chance. It's disgusting.
Rejoined the hunt after a lengthy break... feels good!
Silivren
Realm: Sunbeam Ruins, Tamriel, Westeros, Thedas, etc.

Unread post by Silivren »

Gumballs wrote:You guys really know how to make a new member feel welcome here eh? This is exactly why I left here, everyone is wound up so tight they jump down anyone's throat the second they get the chance. It's disgusting.
Wow dunno where that came from or why you felt that was needed but I felt that was more hostile than any other post in this thread tbh. People are going to doubt someone who doesnt give full information. Its simple fact and human nature, if I told you the sky was purple you wouldnt believe me unless you saw it for yourself would you?

Either way.. I'm willing to agree that this is probably a troll.. Granted it could be legit but as Kalli said the fact that you'd go "outside of WoW" makes it sound EXTREMELY bannable and dangerous territory that doesnt need crossed into.

Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Bowno »

Gumballs wrote:You guys really know how to make a new member feel welcome here eh? This is exactly why I left here, everyone is wound up so tight they jump down anyone's throat the second they get the chance. It's disgusting.
This is not a new member. This is a troll. This is most likely someone who just wanted to see Petopia freak out and run around frantically trying to figure out how to tame a sky screamer. They wanted a reaction like the Pet Buffs had just without an actual tame.
That's how I see it.

There are:
No screenshots.
No names given.
No colors given of the beast that was tamed.
No links to stables.
Claims of how they know how to do it, yet no way posted.

Everything points to a troll. I do hope they prove me wrong though with some actual info.

Makoes
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

They aren't wound up at all Gumballs, the circumstances of the op, lack of information, and how long it took them to post again is what led to the questioning of validity. (as has been stated many times).
There are plenty of new people who are greeted warmly, its all on how you present yourself that sets the stage for others (which can be hard when everything is just text) wording can be everything.

I do not know the circumstances that lead to you leaving here, however if this post of yours is any indication of your own conduct, then it is little wonder if people may have treated you with a cold shoulder. Your post comes off less then friendly or informed. It is actually the most unfriendly post made on this thread thus far.

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

Neilaren
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Shu'halo (H), Mok'nathal (A)

Unread post by Neilaren »

No real offense here, Gumball, but you decided to come back to the forum to let everyone know this, why...?

Uh, anyway, if OP is to be taken as truth, it's a tame method that is, at its core, tool-assisted, and thus not something I'd want to try out.
At least Garwal was legal for the 3 or so days it was possible... /fondly remembers that time! Still wondering where my screenshots went off to!
Grekkor

Unread post by Grekkor »

As I said the reason I didn't give anymore is because of the way I was shown which could cause an account to be banned. Last thing I wanted was a bunch of people doing this and getting banned without a head's up. I never really had the need for the forums but at the time I couldn't find it on other sites that show glitches or bugs so I asked.

There are:
No screenshots. I will not risk my account to link a screen shot
No names given. My name is the same everywhere.
No colors given of the beast that was tamed. One was red with tan body.
No links to stables. No point since it was lost on log out.
Claims of how they know how to do it, yet no way posted. I'm not getting people banned.

P.S. I was there for the worgen pet
Attachments
WoWScrnShot_071909_015441.jpg
WoWScrnShot_071909_015441.jpg (199.71 KiB) Viewed 2822 times
Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Grekkor wrote:As I said the reason I didn't give anymore is because of the way I was shown which could cause an account to be banned.
So pass the word on to Wain, who can relay it to the resident lurker dev to get it fixed without anyone getting in trouble. :)

As a note for future reference, this followup to confirm that it's not something that people should be doing is rather necessary - can't just leave people hanging, or someone else WILL figure it out and might not be so responsible with the information.

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Malackai
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: EU- Kazak

Unread post by Malackai »

So why not state state that simple info straight away that it involved a glitch outside the game when you found out? and it is bannable.
Then people could have laid it to rest.
I simply not get it why you feel insulted that people called troll on it.

If I would have found out how to do it I would not have kept people hanging. but I would have said simply "sorry guys I found out how to do it but its definitely not a legit means and I am quite sure its bannable so I wont be providing the info on how to do it"
My flightrising: Flight Rising
My DA page: http://malackai.deviantart.com/
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

I agree with Kalli's statement. Just for future reference, OP, don't leave people hanging. If you post once or twice only about some glitch pet, you're likely to get labeled a troll. Why? Because trolls tend to do that and have done so in the past. A lot of this could've been avoided and I doubt posting a screenshot(where you can block out your name and such) would've gotten you banned.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Bowno »

Grekkor wrote:As I said the reason I didn't give anymore is because of the way I was shown which could cause an account to be banned. Last thing I wanted was a bunch of people doing this and getting banned without a head's up. I never really had the need for the forums but at the time I couldn't find it on other sites that show glitches or bugs so I asked.

There are:
No screenshots. I will not risk my account to link a screen shot
No names given. My name is the same everywhere.
No colors given of the beast that was tamed. One was red with tan body.
No links to stables. No point since it was lost on log out.
Claims of how they know how to do it, yet no way posted. I'm not getting people banned.

P.S. I was there for the worgen pet
Screenshots: You can block out your name and other info people can use to pick you out of a crowd with. That also ruins the little coding thingy that blizz apparently can use to pick out screenshots. You're safe with blocking out names. Just use MS paint or something.
Name: You didn't mention this before if I recall correctly. At the time, we had no name of the 1.) Beast that was tamed exactly. 2.) The name of someone who had tamed it so we could armory and indeed see it (If it would even be possible to see. I'm not sure if it would be honestly.)
Color: You didn't mention that at the time again, if I remember correctly. The only color I THINK we got from any one was someone saying "Dark colors"
Stables: Already covered.
Claims: This may just be me, but I think that if you indeed did post the way, bannable or not, you could have at least mentioned that it was dangerous and people not to do this.. Or to perhaps find another way around it that isn't bannable. A legit way that is. I'm honestly not too sure how to word this, I hope some one kinda understands what I'm trying to say here though.

Like with the Pet buffs. There was a great big warning about how many of these buffs actually are horrible exploits, like taming Deth or a Blighthound with their buffs, and not to tame those.
Again, Not too sure how to word this, but that's a good example I think.

But yeah. Proof would have changed this entire thread, and you wouldn't have got in trouble for any of it. Any one of those few choices I listed would have been enough. Otherwise it just seems like a bunch of bologna.

That's it from me. Still hoping to be proved wrong!

Lupis
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Lupis »

Not going to get into this hugely, but Blizzard has never shown any evidence of banning people for taming a pet, even pets that were glitch tames. The only tames you'd even get in trouble for would be exploit ones, like those with damage buffs. The worgen, for example, was a WAY larger problem, as it was not only an obvious glitch but also could get Blizzard in trouble for the whole "keeping a humanoid as a battle slave" thing. And that pet was just removed, not a single warning sent. Blizzard doesn't ban people who tame pets; they just remove the pets from the game and that's that.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!