Direhorns a little trigger-happy?

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Gelannerai
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Baelgun

Direhorns a little trigger-happy?

Unread post by Gelannerai »

Hey, I was wondering if anyone else had noticed some overly aggressive behavior from their Direhorns? It seems like mine will tear off after enemies that are significantly far off. Seems like it happens after engaging in combat with a group, then good old Slag decides another group across the room was looking at him sideways. It's extremely character-accurate for Slag, but it's actually caused an issue or two in heroics. Anybody else having issues with their trikes?
Danielfboone
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Draka

Re: Direhorns a little trigger-happy?

Unread post by Danielfboone »

Not with my regular pet. I have noticed that stampede pets will do that very often after the main mob dies. All stampede pets, not just Direhorns.
Novikova
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moooooooon Guard. SC/FM.

Unread post by Novikova »

It's a known issue with stampede period. I just try to make sure stuff lives long enough or that I can handle an extra. :/
Image Sofia, the remarkably purple spirit cat as drawn by Ket Shi. :D

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!
Solunerra
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Terokkar

Unread post by Solunerra »

Novikova wrote:It's a known issue with stampede period. I just try to make sure stuff lives long enough or that I can handle an extra. :/
Or you can just put your pet on passive. It stops them form "wondering off", if your main pet is on passive.
Tsuki
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Tsuki »

Actually, I've noticed this with all pets on Isle of Thunder. My Ambertooth will just dart off after an enemy I can't even see and then de-spawn due to distance... all the time.

~Signature made by Serenith~Image~Signature made by Serenith~

ImmaGoku
Realm: Borean Tundra (US)

Unread post by ImmaGoku »

Blizzard designed Stampede to be used as a last resort frenzy tactic. Remember the word Frenzy.

Ok, so when you're getting attacked or about to get attacked, the pets are supposed to rush on scene and pick the attacker apart before they pick you apart.

That's how I look at it anyway.... +1 for Logic?
Novikova
Realm: Moooooooon Guard. SC/FM.

Unread post by Novikova »

I think that's a crude way to put 'logic' in a game with strange green buff dudes, walking cow people, people who lob fireballs and shoot mind lasers or have pet dinosaurs. A five minute cooldown is certainly not a 'last ditch tactic'.

It's likely more wonky AI than anything else. Sometimes passive does help. I can see your argument, but the running off after another mob after the fight really isn't logical if it's survival you're after.
Image Sofia, the remarkably purple spirit cat as drawn by Ket Shi. :D

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!