The new Spirit beast

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Doubleh of Galakrond
Realm: Galakrond

The new Spirit beast

Unread post by Doubleh of Galakrond »

Ok So i was talking to a guy on my server who had the new spirit beast Gumi. He said that Gumi was easy to tame 8-). I called bull on that because I have heard all about the way you tame it and how hard it Crits :shock: . He insisted all you have to do is get his health low then tame 8-) . Idk if i should believe him so someone plz tell me , Is GUMI'S POWER over rated? or is it really a challange?
Isobelle
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Whisperwind (H) Wrymrest Accord (A)

Re: The new Spirit beast

Unread post by Isobelle »

I found him very difficult due to his speed. I found Hutia much more straight forward except when he used more heals than I had interrupts available for at the time.
Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Gumi's a swift killer if you make a mistake, though generally, most people seem to find Degu more unforgiving.

There's info on all three in this thread: http://forums.wow-petopia.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=18527

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Tonywow
Realm: Aerie Peak/Aerea 52/Gilneas

Unread post by Tonywow »

I haven't tried Gumi. I did tame Degu and for me he seemed like he would be the easiest. Yeah you can't take many hits, but it really is just a game of staying just out of melee range, but close enough that he won't hit you with his quill attack.

It took me 20+ times to end up taming him. Once I got him in health range to tame, then realized is was in my SV spec lol. That sucked but I ended up getting him a few tries after that. I tried to tame Hutia but got annoyed with him healing back up and me missing interrupts. I also wanted the Degu being the only red spirit beast.
Schizoid
Realm: uther

Unread post by Schizoid »

I found Gumi the easiest of the 3. i was able to tame him after my second or third try. Hutia was a PITA. he kept healing himself to full no matter what i did. luckily a shammy took pity on me and help me tame. Degu, I gave up on. i cant seem to get the kiting rythm down.
Arisia
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard US (H)

Unread post by Arisia »

I tried taming Degu for two days and kept failing. Eventually, with the help of friends who brought their DK and another Hunter, and STILL dying about 7 times I finally tamed him. The other hunter wanted the blue version, so we took her to find Gumi, who she tamed after one wipe. Your mileage may vary, but we all found Degu to be the power hitter.
Sar
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Unread post by Sar »

Degu took 19 pulls. Gumi was VERY easy and did him first pull. Haven't tried Hutia yet.
Social Media: YouTube | Twitter | Nerd Rooted
Apaché
Realm: Darrowmere

Unread post by Apaché »

I found Gumi the hardest. it took me about 6 pulls to get. Degu took me 2, and hutia i got on the first time ^^. My friend accidently deleted, my degu though, as well as my hutia. still havent forgiven him, but my Gumi is my prized pet :)
Akyo
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Altar of storms

Unread post by Akyo »

personally i have little issue with Gumi(the blue one i assume) as im decent with kiteing. However...the hunter i was kiteing and grinding its hp down for had no sence of timing tame however...
The green fella is easy if you remember to give yourself Silence shot. just kite her around the spot she spawns in and interupt her healing.
Haveing a friend with you helps though.
Now the red one...omg. it killed me so many times! And on the route it walks...is ONE NINJA TIGER that will jump from nowhere and daze you cause you have cheetah on so red wont omnom you dead!

While this feature of the Grimtotem Spirit Guide wasn't exactly intended... - it will still be possible in future for everyone who wishes to tame this NPC to do so
Kalliope

Akyo wrote:Now the red one...omg. it killed me so many times! And on the route it walks...is ONE NINJA TIGER that will jump from nowhere and daze you cause you have cheetah on so red wont omnom you dead!
I hate that tiger. So. Much.

I never use cheetah vs. Degu myself, plus I have the glyph to prevent the daze - I can only imagine how horrible that is!

YouTube Edition

Sesamee
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Kil'Jaeden

Unread post by Sesamee »

I found Gumi to be the hardest. Once I knew I had to stay within a certain range of Degu it was really easy.
ashdawn
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by ashdawn »

All you need to do is aspect of the cheetah concussive shot every 5 seconds dps him down and then its extremely easy. he is like hutia except he doesnt heal as long as you keep up the concussive shot
Kalliope

ashdawn wrote:All you need to do is aspect of the cheetah concussive shot every 5 seconds dps him down and then its extremely easy. he is like hutia except he doesnt heal as long as you keep up the concussive shot
He's also in a more difficult kiting area if you don't know where you're going, so plan ahead and don't get stuck on the walls.

YouTube Edition

ashdawn
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by ashdawn »

Kalliope wrote:
ashdawn wrote:All you need to do is aspect of the cheetah concussive shot every 5 seconds dps him down and then its extremely easy. he is like hutia except he doesnt heal as long as you keep up the concussive shot
He's also in a more difficult kiting area if you don't know where you're going, so plan ahead and don't get stuck on the walls.
Near where he spawns there is a steep hill to the right, I recommend kiting him directly backwards where he spawns and down the hill and then back up, as shown in this video: http://youtu.be/xtFOGXJyVJ4?t=5m13s watch it all if you want more tips for them all, Its how I got hutia and gumi, havent got degu yet... ill get you one day degu... one day...
Eternallylostx
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Main is on Wyrmrest, alts on Mok'nathal

Unread post by Eternallylostx »

*prods topic* while we're all here, any hordies wanna help me tame gumi?

edit: nevermind, friend showed up before her raid thanks to her

Signature credit to Ashaine; avatars by various people. Thanks! | Tumblr

Windwolf
Realm: Agamaggan

Unread post by Windwolf »

I have all 3. It wasn't that bad for me to tame. That's only because I had help. One of them I had a Horde with me and we helped each other out. Yes...there is still love in this world lol