Rare Pet Respawn Timers

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Sasrei
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: US - Icecrown, Nesinwary

Re: Rare Pet Respawn Timers

Unread post by Sasrei »

@Phyra
Yeah thats true. Even if I tell everyone I am looking for him some people will still kill him or with the constant new people coming in they dont know and kill him. Saw 4 of his drops in the AH and it made me sad :(. My guildies keep mocking me about my "purple" dino lol. I told them to shut up and help me camp then. SO far no luck lol.

thank you Ashaine and Kurenio!!!!

Alwayz
Realm: Suramar

Unread post by Alwayz »

Here's some Loque info I found, I just haven't been lucky enough to find a tame/kill time so I can estimate when the next spawn will be. :( Also, do rares have an instant spawn after a server come back from maintenance?

Sasrei
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: US - Icecrown, Nesinwary

Unread post by Sasrei »

Heres something for you guys.
Skoll spawned at 5:00 on the dot right underneath me. I waited a bit for my friend to come tame him and then I flew to Gondrias spawn points. She wasnt up. Then went to Grizzly hills spawn point and I didnt see him up but I saw someone with a freshly tamed bear and asked them when they got. They answered at around 5 ish. The exact same time Skoll spawned. So I am thinking that maybe the whole 3 rares spawn at a time anywhere in northrend are true. Oh and I saw Dirkee that morning at 8:10 am.

thank you Ashaine and Kurenio!!!!

kamoodle5
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by kamoodle5 »

Here's the Dalaran Spellscribe:

Same rare mob that drops the Black Tabby with chances much higher than the others. However, I believe, what someone said in Wowhead, genders for this mob will vary. I remembered seeing a male one of this rare two years ago.
Siliverin
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Nazgrel, Nesingwary, Dalaran

Unread post by Siliverin »

For loque and aotona i flew around for weeks, finally got aotona and then i got loque 2 hours and 35 mins later. I got gondria as soon as i started farming. and arcturis took me a few days cause i wasnt on alot at the time. I am still waiting to get skoll -_-
Sig by Kurenio!
Anansi wrote:But OJC is just Old Jumper Cliff, a cranky old crazy guy who hops around making grunting noises to scare away children and small animals. Not sure if he's tamable, probably not.
Siliverin
Credit to Seilahyn and Kurenio for the avatars
Congafury
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Tarren Mill

Unread post by Congafury »

Make this one sticky??^_^
Don't panic!
Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Congafury wrote:Make this one sticky??^_^
You can report it in the first post and request that it be made sticky. I've already submitted such a request, so there's no need to in this case, but just so you know for future reference, that's how. :D

I'd like to add a request that links to each potential pet's Wowhead page be added in the main post. (Thottbot generally isn't as updated these days.)

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Jadvya
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard US

Unread post by Jadvya »

Kalliope wrote:
Congafury wrote:Make this one sticky??^_^
You can report it in the first post and request that it be made sticky. I've already submitted such a request, so there's no need to in this case, but just so you know for future reference, that's how. :D

I'd like to add a request that links to each potential pet's Wowhead page be added in the main post. (Thottbot generally isn't as updated these days.)
I'll get right on that!

EDIT: More than halfway done; I'll finish it later.
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

This thread is listed in the Stickied Resource thread. :) We decided instead of having dozens of stickies taking up the first half of this forum we would conglomerate them into one thread for easy access.
Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

Vephriel wrote:This thread is listed in the Stickied Resource thread. :) We decided instead of having dozens of stickies taking up the first half of this forum we would conglomerate them into one thread for easy access.
A splendid idea, but now I can't find a thing. xD

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

Timber's respawn timer is not 5-10 minutes. At least it's not on Argent Dawn.

25-30 Minutes as tested. 99% of the time though he respawned at exactly 29 or 30 minutes.

How I came to test this was I had him and then release him because I came across Snarler while trying to get the Feralas exploration achievement. As cute and wonderful as Snarler was I loved my timber more so off to Dun Morogh I went. Being the retard I am I accidentally shoot and kill Timer. /facepalm I check the site and see the 5-10 minute respawn time. 5 Minutes goes by, no Timber. 10 Minutes, no Timber. 15 minutes no Timber. 20 minutes no Timber. 25 Minutes and still nothing. Exactly 30 minutes later he respawns. I tame him. And decide to start testing it seeing if it was a fluke. Even testing to see if there was a difference between respawning after taming or killing.

10 times I tested with 3 tames the rests kills. EVERY time but once he respawned at exactly 30 minutes. The one time he respawned was after the second tame in which he respawned at 26 minutes. I have SS's of most of these but not going to post them. :lol: It took up my whole night but at least I have a conclusion that his respawn (at least on the Argent Dawn server) is 25-30 minutes.

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Raydex-of-the-dawn
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Dawnbringer

Unread post by Raydex-of-the-dawn »

Wowhead comments point to Nuramoc's respawn being 8-12 hours, usually closer to twelve. Several people have accounts of this.

wildstormz
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Shandris

Unread post by wildstormz »

Im not sure if you got Aotona timer correct... i been here for too long checked all it spawn spots sighs !
Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Just an FYI, most of the spirit beasts are 6 - 16 hours. It varies heavily. i found this out with Loque'nahak though he generally stayed in the 6 - 8 hr timer. twice he spawned on the 6th hour on the dot. Another time it was the 10th hour. People have commented they waited 16+ hours for him too.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Harley
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Nordrassil (A), Nesingwary (H).

Unread post by Harley »

I looked for Loque for 2 weeks with some 15 hour days with no luck. I ended up talking to a herb farmer that would keep a eye out for me. He sent me mail saying Loque was spotted at 2 am and gave me a spawn time saying 9 hours later. I was looking but around 9 1/2 later i had to sleep because of work. I ended up getting him 18 hours after the farmer spotted him.
Cerele
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Hellscream

Unread post by Cerele »

HAARKA
i sat in a hole for 2 days after i saw an orc tame him
yea it wasn't pretty

signature thanks to Kurieno
Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Gondria spawned after 19 hours.
Arcturis has spawned after 21 hours. One person reported 72 hours.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Thunderlily
Realm: Thrall

Unread post by Thunderlily »

Rhyela wrote:I don't meant to offend anyone here, but I think predicting when a rare is going to spawn sort of takes the fun out of the rare spawn-camping experience. I mean, it's great that people have gotten rare pets out of it, but I personally like to do the camping myself. I like the searching and discovering that pet I've been looking for. It just feels kind of like cheapening the experience by knowing when it's going to be there (even if it's not exact, sounds like they're predicted within just a few minutes). Maybe I'm weird, but I just like that feeling of camping and discovery. I camped for about three days before getting Krush, and I wouldn't have had it any other way. It feels like more of an accomplishment when I know I put time into looking for him (plus the tame itself was a huge challenge). Not just..."Eh, he'll spawn at 10:00 so I'll go watch some TV til then".

But like I said, that's just my personal opinion and I'm sure most people appreciate knowing a spawn timer. I prefer to leave it up to dedication and chance.

To be honest here Rhyela, I used to feel EXACTLY the same way as you, for maybe the first week of being in the Basin. But after having spent 3 weeks there when I camped for Loque after his introduction, and being in my fourth week now of hunting Aotona and King Krush, and missing Krush by mere seconds 4 times already, and never even seeing a glimpse of Aotona, I just don't feel that way anymore. I would love it if someone could put this rare spawn thing down to an exact science for those of us with terrible luck that have been hunting for weeks. I'd like to finally have these guys so I can get back to my life and my family and to actually using these beasts I enjoy so much, not stalking them for months upon months. But of course, that is just my two cents as well as what you said is yours. I understand the importance of keeping the rares rare. But on a high population server like mine (Thrall), sometimes it is just a little too ridiculous trying to obtain one.
Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Muradin

Unread post by Rikaku »

Last time I checked, Broken Tooth is like 2 - 6.5 hrs respawn timer.

Also, as someone pointed out just above me, yes Timber is on a 30 minute respawn timer, not 10-15 mins. I've camped Timber on several baby hunters, and I've seen 30 mins myself.

Novikova
Realm: Moooooooon Guard. SC/FM.

Unread post by Novikova »

I suspect Skoll fits the 6-16 hour bit nicely. I sat and camped for 10 hours with a druid after TLPD helping me and neither of us saw hide or hair of him.
Image Sofia, the remarkably purple spirit cat as drawn by Ket Shi. :D

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!