Adorable Roly-poly Worm (IMG heavy)

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
kiechae
Realm: The Sha'tar(EU)

Adorable Roly-poly Worm (IMG heavy)

Unread post by kiechae »

Today I was feeling a bit bored of my 90s, so I decided to level my 2nd hunter. It's a good thing I did because this is what I found...

THE AMAZING ACROBATIC MAGGOT!

So cute! There are 2 quests in the jade forest ( http://www.wowhead.com/quest=29821 and the direct follow up http://www.wowhead.com/quest=31112 ) which give you rocket boots. The boots allow you to jump from one side of a pond to the other. And your pet jumps with you, which in the case of a worm means cuuuute rolling all the way across! I don't know if it's just gorishi grub that rolls or if amber parasite and silkworms work too, but I assume they will.

Unfortunately you don't get to keep the boots once you've completed the quests, and the quests are needed to progress through the zone so you can't keep them forever. They're also horde only :( Still, I think it's a great touch and really cute while it lasts. Maybe there are other ways to make worms into acrobats?
Neilaren
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Shu'halo (H), Mok'nathal (A)

Re: Adorable Roly-poly Worm (IMG heavy)

Unread post by Neilaren »

The little worms do their flips when priests life grip them, too. :) My friend likes to do it when I have Grubstep out. Might also happen with a Death Grip, but I never tested it.

Between the somersaults and their waddling when they move, grubs gain an interesting spot on my "cutie" list.
Ariamodasu
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Hellscream (EU) | Terokkar (EU) | Bloodhoof (EU)

Unread post by Ariamodasu »

Happens when stomping marmots too :)
My main's a Druid so I of course love critters. That counts for something right? Right?

-

Rest in Peace Yasindra/Ryai
Takanuka
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Whisperwind

Unread post by Takanuka »

Accidentally found via powershotting a nosy Chibee out of my way and tested on another normal silk worm they all do that flip. Knock backs and Essence of the Breeze invokes it better.
Finduilas
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Norgannon EU (H) - Thrall EU (H) - Antonidas EU(A)

Unread post by Finduilas »

I had fun with my "worm" Äpple a while ago during the golden Lotus dailies where you enter this Mogu-Palace that starts crumbling when you move through it.

current signature thanks to Ashaine

Findu on Battle.net

Findu's stables

Malackai
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: EU- Kazak

Unread post by Malackai »

I think they flip then they get knocked down as well by mobs thats at-least what i have noticed with my parasite during farming sessions :P
the back flip almost looks like a dodge XD looks awsome
My flightrising: Flight Rising
My DA page: http://malackai.deviantart.com/