The other side of the coin. How our pets may feel...

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Zaranock
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Bladefist

The other side of the coin. How our pets may feel...

Unread post by Zaranock »

"You said we'd always be friends. Always together. Doing it together. Since I was a raptor in Durotar, and your kindness grew me into a devilsaur, and then my final form came when I was transformed by the Zandalari magic into a primal devilsaur. I was there with you since you first tamed a beast. I was your first, your very first. And then you left me...You took up arms with that, that dead thing. That blue spirit wolf. He took your side. Then, you abandoned him too. You spoke with an orc, about "dual spec" and you forsook the ancient rites of beast mastery to become a survivalist. Now you can't even be around me. Now at your side is that mangy mutt of a hyena and that dead shade of a hydra. You don't even keep me with you in your "team". We used to be a team. You promised me that I would be with you against the Kor'kron, and everything that you fought. Now I can only watch from the stable as you walk off without me. Now...You left me behind. Why did you? How could you?"

This is the story of my devilsaur Cretaceo. She was first tamed as a raptor in durotar, which then the raptor was left for a devilsaur, and then the old world devilsaur for a primal devilsaur. I had to leave my since-vanilla companion in the stable when I duel specced Survival for my guild...And I thought of how she might feel, especially as I begin to fill my new 50 stable slots with more pets. She references the spirit beast Karoma and then Jackal and Gahzara, my Hyena and Hydra. I was planning to use her in 5.3 but Survival was better for farming mob clumps.

Yeah. I need a life and I definitely need to stop playing my hunter.

How would your companions feel if they got left out of something big?
Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Dethecus

Re: The other side of the coin. How our pets may feel...

Unread post by Kalliope »

This is one of the worst parts about having differences between the pets for me as well. No matter how happy my pets are to be with me, no single pet gets to go EVERYWHERE. :/ And it's been like that from the beginning, even when there were only three pet slots.

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Zaranock
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Bladefist

Unread post by Zaranock »

Glad its not just me. When we build history with something, even with a pile of pixels, its hard to let go...
ashdawn
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by ashdawn »

I do what you do, I pretend my pet transforms, my wolf was then a ghost wolf then skoll, same with my ghost claw and thanks to 5.3 I can now tame a dragonhawk, from the pet I had at the very start :)

Very nice story, I like to trust pet emote and pretend my stable is some kind of time freezing machine in a different dimension, to the pet its just a few seconds but i can be years for me.

I dunno, im probably just cray cray
Alastiel
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: EU - Aszune

Unread post by Alastiel »

This is sort of why I ended up scaling down the amount of pets I had intended to tame for 5.3 until I was certain that I only had pets on my list that I truly connected with, so that I would bring them out and not just leave them in the stables. I try to rotate them through as often as possible, but I do definitely do end up using some more than others. My first pet (an owl) was upgraded to Olm the Wise a while back, and I do feel bad on occasion for not bringing him out as often as I should. Dunno if this attachment to what is really pixels is actually healthy, but it is what makes me love the class. :)
Last edited by Alastiel on Fri May 24, 2013 8:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zhinru
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Unread post by Zhinru »

My pets wouldn't feel alone. All the ones that I'm supposed to have IC I keep rotating between. The other ones are not "really" there.
Arisia
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard US (H)

Unread post by Arisia »

Fictionally, my Arisia says she tames the beasts that "call" to her. They need the connection, the link to her as much as she needs the link and connection to them. When she needs them, they are at her side, protecting her and working with her as part of the team she takes with her for that moment.

When they are not "on duty", they stay at the guildhouse stables, a rather nicely lush place where they have habitats set up that suit them, with micro portals so they can choose to "run free" where they were tamed. They'll come when Rissa calls, because they are one with her... but when not with her, they have their own lives; they play, eat, sleep, breed-- anything that does not erase that link between "their" hunter and them.

I've had beloved pets "age out" if they were not mystical, including my first tiger, who was named after a cat *I* owned, and when Soul passed away here, Solstice the tiger went on to the other side as well in a story. Some are released of their bond as they choose to return to the wild, their time with Arisia over, the reason they were called to one another done. Some stay, even if rarely called to action, pleased to be with their hunter when she returns to the guildhouse between missions. ::grin:: That's how I've dealt with the changing pets in my stable as I leveled my hunter. ;D

It's a fiction that's worked for me... your mileage may vary. ;D