Um so.... Any luck with Flare Trackable Rares?

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Takanuka
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Whisperwind

Um so.... Any luck with Flare Trackable Rares?

Unread post by Takanuka »

So far since patch 5.3.0: Escalation came out, has anyone else have literally no luck at finding a single foot print at all on any rares?! I been searching ever since i had more space but not a single hint at all anyone else having issues? I spoke to 4 or 5 other Hunters and they can't find any either wth?!
Tahlian
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Feathermoon

Re: Um so.... Any luck with Flare Trackable Rares?

Unread post by Tahlian »

I picked up Stompy yesterday morning, after having chased his tracks all over the night before...flared him out something like 3 times then, but he kept walking out of the flare before I could Hunter's Mark and tame him. I think everyone's where they're supposed to be.

Here there be dragons... http://dragcave.net/user/Tahlian

And here there be more dragons, too...http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=22415

Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

You're probably having trouble because a bunch of hunters all had the same idea to go out and tame all the same pets. Hopefully you have better luck!

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Alastiel
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: EU - Aszune

Unread post by Alastiel »

I found Bombyx within ten minutes after the servers came back up (and fell completely in love, he's the cutest thing!). Have seen tracks from a couple of other rares as well. It's probably what Kalliope said; temporarily high competition now that people have more stable space. :)
Sar
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Unread post by Sar »

I retamed Bloodtooth yesterday. Only problem was the phasing with the area changed in 5.1.
Social Media: YouTube | Twitter | Nerd Rooted
Kirjava
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Draenor

Unread post by Kirjava »

I've managed to get Bristlespine today, now after Bombyx, though currently unsure if I'm unlucky or he's phased? Either way, working for me :) Hope you have better luck soon!
Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

I agree that the problem is likely that a bunch of hunters are all 'WEE MORE STABLE SPACE I CAN GO BACK AND RE-TAME (insert trackable rare here)". It'll probably calm down in a couple of weeks.

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

Firstborn Dragon
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Firstborn Dragon »

I nabbed the red Potent earlier today, being it's the first chance I've had to work on my hunter.

I checked out stampy but there was no prints, so that's on my go back and check at some point list.
7seti
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Frostmourne

Unread post by 7seti »

Firstborn Dragon wrote:I nabbed the red Potent earlier today, being it's the first chance I've had to work on my hunter.

I checked out stampy but there was no prints, so that's on my go back and check at some point list.
Likewise, I got the red Portent today. I saw Stampy's prints yesterday but didn't follow them as I already have him.
Firstborn Dragon
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Firstborn Dragon »

Okay also nabbed the blue Portent, and Stampy today.

So far I've had no issues finding the rares I want, though I expect the last Portent color I need to be an issue, more due to RNG Then tracking.
Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Helped Anj with Green Portent and got Savage myself.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Setanta
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Terrokar, Dentarg, Alexstrasza

Unread post by Setanta »

I nabbed the green portent with no more trouble than the usual portent issue of not trapping or getting in front of him prior to taming attempt

Sargman (Void Elf) Terokkar
Serkrun (Orc) Dentarg
Untamabull (Tauren) Area 52
Sargmar (Blood Elf) Alexstrasza

If you're taking my posts 100% seriously, you're probably 150% too serious to read them.
Danielfboone
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Draka

Unread post by Danielfboone »

I retamed Stompy today and had no problem finding his tracks.
slickriptide
Realm: Bloodscalp

Unread post by slickriptide »

I tamed Stompy a couple of days ago. I was disappointed to find that he was the same as every other black goat out there. At least, I couldn't tell the difference. I had just tamed Zhing, the elite goat, and they looked identical. The only way I knew which was which was that I had assigned Zhing's commands to his command bar, and Stompy was still on the default layout (and in the same slot as the pet I had abandoned in order to tame him).

If the special pets can't have unique abilities, the least they could have is unique skins.
Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

slickriptide wrote:I tamed Stompy a couple of days ago. I was disappointed to find that he was the same as every other black goat out there. At least, I couldn't tell the difference. I had just tamed Zhing, the elite goat, and they looked identical. The only way I knew which was which was that I had assigned Zhing's commands to his command bar, and Stompy was still on the default layout (and in the same slot as the pet I had abandoned in order to tame him).

If the special pets can't have unique abilities, the least they could have is unique skins.
Huh? O.o Stompy is a unique skin. He's blue! The closest color to him is the muddy white. Maybe your monitor settings are different?

Zhing:

Stompy:

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

slickriptide
Realm: Bloodscalp

Unread post by slickriptide »

LupisDarkmoon wrote:
Huh? O.o Stompy is a unique skin. He's blue! The closest color to him is the muddy white. Maybe your monitor settings are different?
It's possible. I'm playing on a computer with graphics-challenged generic Intel graphics right now, *sigh*.

When I switched back and forth between them they both just looked grey. I'll have to have another look if I ever get my good computer repaired and back online.