Xuen the White Tiger

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
AdamSavage
Illustrious Master Hunter

Xuen the White Tiger

Unread post by AdamSavage »

I want to tame Xuen, the White Tiger.. That's all. It looks really bad ass.
I believe if you can believe out of nothing an explosion (big bang) happened then how far fetched can god be?

Dr. Who Video!

Silivren
Realm: Sunbeam Ruins, Tamriel, Westeros, Thedas, etc.

Re: Xuen the White Tiger

Unread post by Silivren »

No offense but this topic has been seen enough times, especially when the model was released. I myself, don't think hunters should be able to tame him. His model is used for a monk spell, let them keep what makes them special. I especially think so because they don't even tame him they "invoke" him or call upon him. I cannot see taming a model of Xuen especially since unlike Har'koa is an important feature of MoP and I can't see taming a "God" which I will call him because there is no other word for it truthfully.

Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

I kinda agree with Doctress on this. My monk is my main and I'd be livid if Blizzard gave my special ability that I earned at level 90 to tame. Maybe a mini pet of one of kittens at best but I'd say no to taming him.

On that note, he's a Celestial, not a normal Beast.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

AdamSavage

I just like the look of him.
I believe if you can believe out of nothing an explosion (big bang) happened then how far fetched can god be?

Dr. Who Video!

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

And that's about the only argument every hunter that wants to tame him ever has.

Level a monk. You'll have him. :P He's essential for windwalker monks.

LisaaraPokefarm

Tahlian
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Feathermoon

Unread post by Tahlian »

And if it's okay for hunters to say they want talbuks and rams and giraffes and stags and mushan to be tamable, it's just as okay for other hunters to say they'd like the Xuen skin to be tamable. Adam, I'm pretty sure, didn't mean he wanted to tame a god. He said he wanted a pet with that skin. And I'd like to add that skin to my stable as well. I don't much care if it has a different color to it or what have you, to differentiate it.

Here there be dragons... http://dragcave.net/user/Tahlian

And here there be more dragons, too...http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=22415

Silivren

That's not really the point. The point is this topic has surfaced too much like a certain topic over hunters wanting to tame Malorne as well. Xuen is unique to monks and he should stay that way. Hunters have MANY amazing spirit cats and beasts as is. If you reuse his model you're still taking away from monks something that makes them unique which isn't fair to them. Taking away from one class to placate another who already has so much doesn't make it right. :/ And yes hunters clamor for untameable things constantly but they're not based off of a Celestial/Important figure of the expansion so it is different.

AdamSavage

Tahlian wrote:And if it's okay for hunters to say they want talbuks and rams and giraffes and stags and mushan to be tamable, it's just as okay for other hunters to say they'd like the Xuen skin to be tamable. Adam, I'm pretty sure, didn't mean he wanted to tame a god. He said he wanted a pet with that skin. And I'd like to add that skin to my stable as well. I don't much care if it has a different color to it or what have you, to differentiate it.
You are correct. I don't care about the lore behind it, I just want a pet that looks like that. Well.. me and just about every (not everyone) hunter out there.

Dr. Who Video!

Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

mmm I agree, it should stay as a monk special. We have alot of special pets so as much as we like Xuen he shouldnt be a hunter pet. We took shamans spirit puppies so yeah I'm happy to leave Xuen with the monks :)

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

AdamSavage

They could always come out with a model similar to it, but different enough that it's not a direct copy.

Dr. Who Video!

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Doctress wrote:That's not really the point. The point is this topic has surfaced too much like a certain topic over hunters wanting to tame Malorne as well. Xuen is unique to monks and he should stay that way. Hunters have MANY amazing spirit cats and beasts as is. If you reuse his model you're still taking away from monks something that makes them unique which isn't fair to them. Taking away from one class to placate another who already has so much doesn't make it right. :/ And yes hunters clamor for untameable things constantly but they're not based off of a Celestial/Important figure of the expansion so it is different.
Agreed. Bad enough hunters stole the spirit dogs from Shammies(which many are still very bitter about, I might add).

Actually, most hunters I've spoken to, while they do love Xuen's model, want him left alone for monks. We got plenty as hunters.

I personally don't want hunters to have that model. Period. It's not the same as wanting a talbuk. There's no class tied to them, no gods tied to them(far as I'm aware). Talbuks are just kinda...there. Hunters can have those as far as I'm concerned. Xuen's model? No. Leave that for the monks only.

But overall, I think the majority are just tired of seeing this being brought up. It's a dead horse that's been beaten since beta.

LisaaraPokefarm

Kaiarra
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Kaiarra »

I'd imagine it keeps being brough up because (in my opinion) the porcupine spirit beasts are totally unispired and boring, and I was personally horribly disappointed with them. Zero interest on my end, not going to tame them for the lulz of just doing the trick tames.

Xuen or any of the AC avatars (excluding the dragon as that's obviously a no-go tame wise) are much nicer models. Other options I would actually bother to be excited about would be a CM phoenix model, or at least some sort of Sha-touched pet (spirit beasts or not).

I would love to see a better MoP spirit beast... something that looks amazing and that I can't wait to tame - like Banth, Loque, Skoll and Arct.

Totally just my own opinion, etc, I know some people do like the porcs...
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Oh I fully agree, I'd like to see a better spirit beast than the porkies(I love mine but still...). Just not using any of the models from the Celestials. That's my only thing.

Sha-touched pet would be even cooler.

LisaaraPokefarm

Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Unread post by Qraljar »

Junrei wrote:Oh I fully agree, I'd like to see a better spirit beast than the porkies(I love mine but still...). Just not using any of the models from the Celestials. That's my only thing.

Sha-touched pet would be even cooler.

Personally, I don't mind it whether we get the Xuen skin or not, but I'd like spirit beasts that have a bit more impact than the porcupines. There are people that like them, but as far as I know, most people, even those that like them, can admit that they're not really the thing everyone was stoked about; I mean, most pet hunters were like "spirit beast! spirit beast! I can't wait to see what it is! It's probably cool!" :P

I still vouch for a Sha-touched Kunchong! >:O
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
Zhinru
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Unread post by Zhinru »

Junrei wrote:And that's about the only argument every hunter that wants to tame him ever has.
In all fairness, that's the only argument every hunter ever had for a pet. "It looks cool, and looks like a beast, I want to have it".

I don't think it'd really be unfair if a mate or offspring of Xuen was tamable. Make it a level 90 challenge tame, and then the hunter will take more effort to get his "Xuen" than you did to get yours.
Silivren

Zhinru wrote:
Junrei wrote:And that's about the only argument every hunter that wants to tame him ever has.
In all fairness, that's the only argument every hunter ever had for a pet. "It looks cool, and looks like a beast, I want to have it".

I don't think it'd really be unfair if a mate or offspring of Xuen was tamable. Make it a level 90 challenge tame, and then the hunter will take more effort to get his "Xuen" than you did to get yours.
And that reason is a problem in my opinion. Honestly it's kind of a crappy reason that's just thrown out there when there's no justifications for it. I don't think Blizzard will ever so challenge tames because in their mind they already do a lot for hunters, and they're right they do. They said we'd never get more stable slots and yet look at this patch. Xuen and his unexistant mate and children should be left alone. You may not think its unfair but it really is. Xuen is directly tied to MONKS not hunters so to take that from them is completely unfair. There is also the fact that monks do not TAME Xuen they INVOKE him which is more tied to worship and asking for his help. Hunters when it come down to it are the masters to the pet and something as mighty as Xuen or his "relatives" does not need to be tamed and controlled by a hunter which belittles him. You shouldnt be able to tame a God just because he looks cool and he shouldn't be degraded into a pet that serves another class. There is a clear difference between invoking and taming and I don't believe anything related to the Celestials should be tamed.(Aside from Chi Ji cause he's a normal crane but he glows so he's special.).

Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

I think most people are most annoyed with the fact Xuen looks EXTREMELY polished and clean.

Unlike 99% of hunter pet models.
Silivren

Myzou wrote:I think most people are most annoyed with the fact Xuen looks EXTREMELY polished and clean.

Unlike 99% of hunter pet models.
He does because he's a major figure. My night elf looks unpolished and unclean next to Tyrande(even though her hair is ugly)but the point is all the major figures get the treatment first. I'd imagine pet remodel overhauls will be coming when character overhaul remodels come.

Zhinru
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Unread post by Zhinru »

Doctress wrote:And that reason is a problem in my opinion. Honestly it's kind of a crappy reason that's just thrown out there when there's no justifications for it.
Why is it a "crappy reason"? What other reason you need to have a beast be tamable? All pets of one family are identical, looks are everything for them.
You may not think its unfair but it really is. Xuen is directly tied to MONKS not hunters so to take that from them is completely unfair.
Why is it unfair? I'm not taking anything from anyone, monks would still have their Xuen. If that would do anything to anyone, it would only give more people what they want. Why do you care what others are getting when you still have what you want to have?

You shouldn't tame a god or its mates? Tell it to Loque'nahak. That ship has sailed long ago, friend.
Silivren

Zhinru wrote:
Doctress wrote:And that reason is a problem in my opinion. Honestly it's kind of a crappy reason that's just thrown out there when there's no justifications for it.
Why is it a "crappy reason"? What other reason you need to have a beast be tamable? All pets of one family are identical, looks are everything for them.
You may not think its unfair but it really is. Xuen is directly tied to MONKS not hunters so to take that from them is completely unfair.
Why is it unfair? I'm not taking anything from anyone, monks would still have their Xuen. If that would do anything to anyone, it would only give more people what they want. Why do you care what others are getting when you still have what you want to have?

You shouldn't tame a god or its mates? Tell it to Loque'nahak. That ship has sailed long ago, friend.
First off, yes the reason IS crappy. It's why people still clamor for dragons because they look beast like.

Second off, that'd be like giving hunters demons as pets. You're stealing what makes a class unique.

Third off, Har'koa and Loque are LOA. Which are not the same as God's they're MUCH lesser forms. So you can't justify it.

Lastly, I think I'm done with this topic. I'm seeing why it makes me mad all over again. It's the same I want so I should have it attitude like it was with Malorne all over again. So I'm out.