Krush! :O

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Acherontia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Krush! :O

Unread post by Acherontia »

I've been wandering about posting tonight, and reading through Petopia as I do my dailies. I was browsing through everyone's King Krush attempt threads and thinking how cool it would be to tame him. Well, I was also going over what do I need? I have almost 21k hp. Enough, right?

But which pet to abandon? Oh, I could never decide. I love all my pets! It's a moot point though, I'll never see him myself; I have never seen him tamed on this realm (Nagrand EU) anyway. This week hasn't been lucky for me in real life or in WoW--bad landlord issues, unemployment problems, and in WoW, no upgrades dropping for me or me losing a roll by 1, etc...

Well, oops, I forgot to do Phantom Ghostfish. Just my day, right? Go to fly back to Sholazar from Grizzly Hills, and NPC_Scan poos bricks.

WHAT?!

I found that a. picking a pet to abandon was easier than I'd thought (bye Snarler/Atropos :( ), and b. no, 21k hp is NOT enough. After five attempts ending in one death and four feigns, and a ton of wasps, and many shaking moments where my guildie (THANK YOU ATONEMENT, takes a good friend to drop a group to help tame a beastie!) priest relogged and flew to me...

Fear Ward and PW: Shield saved the day, as did random luck & lack of players at 1:40 am :P Ran into a dwarf sitting there with what looked like a fresh Aotona, too! :shock:

Now, what to name him?!

See a pic of the tame attached if you like... believe it or not this wasn't close compared to the fails lol.
Attachments
KRUSH.jpg
KRUSH.jpg (1.23 MiB) Viewed 811 times
Nevar
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Hellscream

Re: Krush! :O

Unread post by Nevar »

It may sound dumb to you but I love your name and your priesty friends name so why not smash them together I think Achertone sounds pretty cool :) lol

Foxy and Wiley! <3

Siggy credit to Erwil! and Avatar credit to Erwil as well!!

Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

Aaaw. All these Krushes make me want to get one. Must...resist....black hole like urge...to tame...devilsaur...
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

I fear that when Cataclysm comes with all its fancy new stable slots I may hear the call myself. >_>
Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

Vephriel wrote:I fear that when Cataclysm comes with all its fancy new stable slots I may hear the call myself. >_>

Ah! Cata! Stable slots! This is going to be a long, but eventually, losing battle. *sigh*
Acherontia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Well, Atonement's first char (or at least the one I knew him on first, and what we call him) is Vudak.

I found the name of a demon (Valax, Valac, Valak as various spellings) who, among other things, 'reveals the location of serpents.'

Valak it is! ^^
Teigan
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

Grats on the tame and I like the name. :D
Acherontia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Thanks so much :D

Something cool to note about this guy that I did not know:

His eyes GLOW in the dark. It's not just a color: it's a glowmap!

Also, in Un'goro, he is VERY green. I mean, VERY GREEN.

Rhyela
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

Yay! Big congrats!!! He's a nasty bugger to try to tame, but soooo worth it. Loving the name you chose, as well. :D

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

Yay!

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

tuwek
Realm: Executus - EU

Unread post by tuwek »

Great moment for you, congratulations on the tame!!! This moment was unforgettable for me, best tame ever.
Never feed a troll...
My stable
zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

Congratulations on making what appears to be the hardest tame in the game. :D He's so cool looking.

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

krinnick
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Elune

Unread post by krinnick »

A few hours ago I tamed my 2nd King krush solo, was in full pvp gear minus trinkets with 27k life, took me 1/2 doz attempts to get the timing right, taming scrub pet hitting wrath and trying to time the enrage during his fear. I thought he had a 15 second timer between fears, seems random but I sent my pet on him soon as he feared I counted to 12 and did my thing, it worked but barely had 3-3.5k life left, The problem with crush solo taming is you got to ditch pets -dismiss- every attempt and retame clear a spot and do it over meanwhile he is a HUGE frikken target for all flyby bounty hunters. I will say this after the Beastial Wrath nerf it is alot harder and the timing is alot more critical..........Now what to do with 2 krushs in my stables, irony though I got Aotona today too, I love taming challenges so that is why I have two of them but I will let him go once I find Loque'nahak so I can complete my Sholazar collection. "Taming rares is 10% luck 90% persistence" Unknowne-Elune
Acherontia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

krinnick wrote:meanwhile he is a HUGE frikken target for all flyby bounty hunters

I forgot to mention... I may have... slightly... used lots of Baby Spices on him while I wanted for Atonement to arrive and bubble/fear ward me. I dunno if it helped, but for awhile, there was a very little wild Krush wandering Sholazar :lol:
Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

Acherontia wrote:
krinnick wrote:meanwhile he is a HUGE frikken target for all flyby bounty hunters

I forgot to mention... I may have... slightly... used lots of Baby Spices on him while I wanted for Atonement to arrive and bubble/fear ward me. I dunno if it helped, but for awhile, there was a very little wild Krush wandering Sholazar :lol:
Excellent idea. It should be put in the strategy-thread!

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Acherontia wrote:

The imaging of that is just making me squee. xD
Golden
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Chamber of Aspects-A, Bloodhoof-H

Unread post by Golden »

Acherontia wrote:

Ohh, that might just be the best idea I've ever heard. o.o Will try that out the next time I found a huge rare. XD
Victorelle
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Kilrogg (US)

Unread post by Victorelle »

Gratz ^^ Ive really wanted him when I found how hard he was to tame :P So... yea gratz :3
Nevar
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Hellscream

Unread post by Nevar »

I want to try to tame this Dino in Cataclysm - I've tackled taming The Beast and would love Krush as well..I've never seen him though..sadly :(

Foxy and Wiley! <3

Siggy credit to Erwil! and Avatar credit to Erwil as well!!

Acherontia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

As it turns out, I did get decent screenshots to compare babyspiced vs not :D Use the wasps as a benchmark--the un-spiced version they're a bit in the background, but still, for laughs, you can see his approxiamate size :P

Baby Krush:

Not Baby Krush:

Oh, and by the way... and this one's not for the faint of heart--it still makes my shrivel a little inside when I see it... When I sent pet, bestial wrathed and waited on fear, I very nearly killed Krush. I was HORRIFIED when I saw it and managed to stop autoattack/abandon pet. Don't look if you're squeamish :o

AMG NOOO
Last edited by Acherontia on Mon May 24, 2010 8:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.