I haven't played hunter in a while...

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
cleck673

I haven't played hunter in a while...

Unread post by cleck673 »

Hello. 1st time poster here.
I logged into a hunter I have only to find that my melee weapons can't be used now. :(

Anyhow, I am looking to knock the dust off of a twink hunter and have a few questions.

Has the way a pet levels changed?

I know that in order for a pet to gain xp to level, the player had to gain xp to level. This provided a challenge for XP OFF twinks. Has this changed at all. I read around a little and see how the stable can level a pet to 3 levels lower than you.

For instance, let's say my character is level 29 and I want a Wind Serpent. According to this site's awesome database, there are no level 29 wind serpents to tame. I could go tame a level 27 rare named Sparkwing, but he would be 2 levels below me. Would that matter? Is there a drop in dps, etc? OR has the system been changed and would he either be able to level with my XP off or something else awesome?

That said, can you tame a pet of a higher level than your current level. I don't think you can, but like I said... I haven't played a hunter in a while.

Thanks for any help!!!!!
Slapperfish

(deleted)

Unread post by Slapperfish »

(deleted)
Last edited by Slapperfish on Sun May 09, 2021 10:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Hatari
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Shadow Council

Re: I haven't played hunter in a while...

Unread post by Hatari »

You no longer need to level pets. The moment you tame them, they ascend to your exact level. So, even a level 90 can go tame a level 1 pet, and that pet will immediately become level 90 as well.

As for taming things that are higher in level than your hunter, that's still a no. You'll have to wait til you reach the level of the pet you want.
cleck673

Slapperfish wrote:It works kinda like Warlock pets now. Pets now level up with you; gaining XP is no longer required. Also, whatever level you tame a creature at is the level it becomes. This means you can tame something as low-level as a Deviate Coiler Hatchling and it will automatically level up to 29 or whatever level you are.

AWESOME!!!!! Thanks so much. To you and Blizzard. :)
cleck673

Hatari wrote:You no longer need to level pets. The moment you tame them, they ascend to your exact level. So, even a level 90 can go tame a level 1 pet, and that pet will immediately become level 90 as well.
Thank you!
Pent
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Pent - Mt. Hyjal - Alliance

Unread post by Pent »

I almost miss leveling my pets...

Almost.
"Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it." ~ Terry Pratchett

I need more hunters, IMO.

"A hobby should pass the time, not fill it." --Norman Bates "Psycho"