Ultimate stable, and Cata changes?...

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Slickrock
Illustrious Master Hunter

Ultimate stable, and Cata changes?...

Unread post by Slickrock »

Howdy all, first time poster, long time reader... anyway, I have two questions...

First off, what do YOU consider the ultimate stable of pets to be? I've recently decided to take a step back from the raiding world, and while I still will raid, it means going with a boring wolf for 50 extra dps is not something I'm gonna do. However, given GC's comments about spirit beasts being "vanity" pets, I don't see owning 4 spirit beasts as the ultimate stable either. So, what do YOU think the ultimate lineup is? Here's my idea of the potential top lineup...

1) King Krush - likely the hardest tame, and real PVE use due to damage, and unique skin
2) one of the spirit beasts - personal preference on which one
3) Aotona - due to rarity combined with PVP usefulness, and unique skin (Nuramoc would be the other choice here for a rare-spawn unique skin PVP pet)
4) Either of the rare tallstriders
5) last spot is toughest.. perhaps Uhk'loc, for a tenacity pet, or one of the "retired" pets that can't be tamed anymore, or a second spirit beast.. or just keeping this slot open for utility...

Thoughts?

Which leads to my second question.. are there any changes confirmed for Cata yet that would create any must-get-now pets? I'm thinking specifically of the Ghost Saber, which might be impossible to get once Cata hits, depending on what happens to that zone.
Account has been closed at user's request.
zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Re: Ultimate stable, and Cata changes?...

Unread post by zedxrgal »

Acherontia wrote:I took a ride around and had a look at the new world. The Ruins of Mathystra are still there, untouched (Ghost Saber). The Hinterlands also look exactly the same (Old Cliff Jumper). I forgot to check the Clutchmother area :(
See the whole post here:
http://forums.wow-petopia.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2073

:D

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Rhyela
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

Fearstalker wrote: 1) King Krush - likely the hardest tame, and real PVE use due to damage, and unique skin
2) one of the spirit beasts - personal preference on which one
3) Aotona - due to rarity combined with PVP usefulness, and unique skin (Nuramoc would be the other choice here for a rare-spawn unique skin PVP pet)
4) Either of the rare tallstriders
5) last spot is toughest.. perhaps Uhk'loc, for a tenacity pet, or one of the "retired" pets that can't be tamed anymore, or a second spirit beast.. or just keeping this slot open for utility...
Lol, that's pretty much exactly how my stable looks right now.

1) King Krush is my "main man", the top of the food chain, leader of the pack. And not just because his DPS is the best of the bunch, but because I was obsessed with taming him, and finally did it. I love that big green dude and will never ever ever let him go!
2) & 5) I have two spirit beasts, Loque'nahak and Gondria. What can I say, I prefer the cat models! I had Dante (L'n), then foolishly released him thinking I didn't like him that much. After kicking myself in the butt over it, I put in a ticket and got a kind GM to restore him. I have Shikon (Gondria) because I love the ridingtiger model, and her pretty eyes and glowyness.
3) I picked up Jasmine (Aotona) on a complete whim. My brother found her while I was out killing mammoths in Borean Tundra. He told me he was killing her, so I screamed "NOOOO" without really knowing why - at the time, I didn't want to let any of my pets go. But, I let go of my loyal white lion (I miss you baby! Mommy's coming back soon!) to tame her. At first I didn't like her that much, but kept her because I felt proud to own all three Sholazar rares. But her little squawks and pretty colors have grown on me, and now I don't want to let her go.
4) Rainey is my Strider Clutchmother; after literally years of talking about taming her, I finally did it. We just didn't have enough stable space before for me to justify taming her and letting something else go, but finally I went ahead and got her, and I just adore the crap out of her. I'm so glad I got her! Kind of makes me want Mazzy, too..... :lol:

So, yeah, there are my slots. Pretty much exactly what you laid out. I'm either predictable, or something. Honestly I just love all my pets, I don't have them for any other reason than I can't give them up. <3

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
VelkynKarma
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Quel'Dorei, Nessingwary
Location: Saturo's necromancy class. Karma = World's Worst Necromancer.

Unread post by VelkynKarma »

I think it depends on your definition of 'ultimate' too. Ultimate for what? Versatility? Specialization in a specific area? Vanity? A little of everything?

For versatility you'd ideally have a multi-tanking pet, a single-mob tanking pet, a good pvp pet, and maybe a pair of ferocity pets with different useful talents. A 'specialized' stable could stock you up on pets that are good for a specific function...for example, a wolf, devilsaur, tallstrider, spirit beast and wasp for the variety of dps boosts/skills (a buff, major damage boost, forced missed attack, dot and armor debuff respectively). Vanity very well COULD be a stable stocked full of exotic pets (my own stable has a devilsaur, a worm, and two spirit beasts; my only 'normal' pet is a hyena).

So yeah, it all depends on one's definition of 'ultimate,' I think. :)

~VelkynKarma

Silinrul and Jiaphyon of <Ominous Latin Name>

A big thanks to Vephriel for the awesome signature :)

Help my Dragons

Ryai
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Ryai »

If I did my ultimate stable I would just be listing off all the pets I have ever tamed, will retame or have still tamed on all of my alts.

My ultimate Stable is limitless.

But I guess i can list Yasindra's as hers took the most effort. Ryai was all luck. But Yas, Yas was blood, sweat, tears and insanity that would be on par with Yogg Saron.

This is not in the order of how I view them as I love all 5 of my pets to bits.

1: Orthros: Mah corehound. Mah loverly loverly corehound. Ariamodasu helped me tame it, and it was a close call too as I hadn't realized how close I had come to dying. He is a loyal flaming ball of puppy love, that stomps, roars and eats anything that gets in my way. Orthros is usually by Yas's side the most.

2: Landowar: Loque'nahak, I got him as mostly preperation for Gondria, and because I wanted a lazer kitty as I hadn't been able to find Gondria for a few days and I didn't want to depress myself when higher levels started cropping up in ZD. I found him nestled amongst some gorillas, evidently awaiting my upteenth circle of the basin.

3: Moonglow: Moonglow was my first of two lucky tames. I stumbled onto her in the bit of snow past the temple where the windserpents are in ZD. I fell off my mount basically and just stood, staring at her for a good 15 seconds as she lazily pathed around. It amazed me that how ugly she had looked when Ryai was my main, and ugly when I played Ryai, that suddenly she was a gorgeous little STD cat of purple glow. With little effort she came to stay by my side.

4: Sunscale: My loyal golden worm. I found him hiding out behind the twilight cultists in Silithus, as if that would keep the gankers away. But for him, and Yas, it evidently did. He is a loyal thing, obidently spewing acid at enemies and sacrificing himself without question, without pause when it is required of him. He ruthlessly attacks all and any that cross our paths and he will not back down even from the greatest of foes. There's just no way I can ever abandon Sunscale now, or ever <3

5: Freki: Or otherwise Skoll. Like 5 minutes before server restart, I found him. Waiting for me. Quiet, Stoic and the more aloof of my pets in my eyes, he is the second lucky tame of mine.
Slickrock

Well, wouldn't you know.. I post about a stable, and when playing around with my pets tonight, and up pops Skoll while I was waiting for the TLPD, so my generic Northrend worm was released (the worm was grabbed as a temp while waiting for Aotona), and Skoll is mine again, for the 3rd time, at least for a while..

So, right now, I have Krush, Loq, Skoll, Arcturis, and a croc. That's sadly probably one too many spirit beasts.

What would I like to add? hmm.. Certainly Aotona, and I do like the idea one of the tallstriders... which means the croc and one of the spirit beasts will have to go...

And Rhyela, I hear ya, I'll never let Krush go. That's the only pet I had to really WORK to tame..

Guess if I find Aotona, I have a decision to make... :D
Slickrock

VelkynKarma wrote:For versatility you'd ideally have a multi-tanking pet, a single-mob tanking pet, a good pvp pet, and maybe a pair of ferocity pets with different useful talents. A 'specialized' stable could stock you up on pets that are good for a specific function...for example, a wolf, devilsaur, tallstrider, spirit beast and wasp for the variety of dps boosts/skills (a buff, major damage boost, forced missed attack, dot and armor debuff respectively). Vanity very well COULD be a stable stocked full of exotic pets (my own stable has a devilsaur, a worm, and two spirit beasts; my only 'normal' pet is a hyena).
You are quite correct, there is no one answer, much rides on playstyle. And it would be boring if we all fit the same mold.

For myself, the wolf is gone as i tired of trying to conform to a certain raiding standard for ~50 more dps. (Imagine my dismay after deciding on getting the warhound, I show up to a raid and there are three others in the raid, lol). But I still need dps, so the trex will always be there, and Aotona would be nice for pvp.. I guess I value unique skins the most of all. :-)

Time to go look for Aotona once more tonight.. TLPD doesn't seem to be here..
Sasrei
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: US - Icecrown, Nesinwary

Unread post by Sasrei »

Hmm my idea of an ultimate lineup? Well I have alot I want to tame namely Araga, Gondria, King krush (who will be mine!) Ghostsaber, Echey, Humar, Takk, sewer beast (for my other hunter), so my idea of an ultimate lineup is what I enjoy having in my stables.

1- Aelina - Old Cliff Jumper, my wolf who I camped out two months for. She's lvled with me for a bit, and after raiding with her almost every day, we have developed a strange bond lol.

2 - Raiden - Loquenak, his story is pretty much different from the others. I was just flying around in shola looking for Aotona and he popped up. I wasnt sure if I wanted to tame him at all.. but decided to see what he's like up close because I didnt really like the model at all. And now hes by far my fave.

3 - Raito - Skoll, I camped for weeks for this guy and was glad to see him up patrolling around. The first time he got killed right before I got there, the second time it was just him and I.

4 - Samson - Arcturis, he's my newest member of the family, at first I didnt like him.. at all. I really don't like the bear models, but as soon as I tamed him he began to grow on me. And now he's the baby of the bunch.

5 - Noelle - Aotona, my pvp bird. who I adore and will have to give up for King krush which kinda breaks my heart.

But my ideal fantasy line up would be
Aelina, Raiden, Raito, King krush, and Araga.

And yes I know I have way too many spirit beasts lol.

thank you Ashaine and Kurenio!!!!

FuzzyDolly
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Velen, Nessingwary

Unread post by FuzzyDolly »

My Ally hunter's stable right now consists of Skoll, Loque, Gondria, Aotona, and Nuramoc. As for my lvl 19 Troll hunter, I trotted him up to Northrend for one of those lvl 6 Daggercap Hawks. He also has Takk and Mazz. I'd have to say, neither of my stables is ideal. That being said, neither of my stables is going to change until we get more space. My Ally hunter wants several pets back that are on hiatus. (The Kurken, Ironjaw, the Albino devilsaur, and a few others)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Slickrock

The tallstrider may just have to wait... Grubthor is mine this morning. :-) Now if I find Aotona, Skoll will have to go.. :-P
Dakonic
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Baeglum

Unread post by Dakonic »

My current stable for sure!

DeathWarp: My diamond in the rough, love her to peices. She would be with me 24/7 but she is a tenacity warpstalker, so she is unwelcome in raids. =[

Dakota: I do love my wolves I always have, even when I was a child. Dakota is probaly by my side the most because he is the only one welcome in raids.

Marrok: My trusty skoll, I take him into dungeons most commonly.

BillJoe: A tenacity hydra (crocolisk) so he doesn't get used that much, usually in solos or while running people through dungeons.

Bizkit: (corehound) He is brand new and is at my side in dungeons now, hes lvl 76 and needs some expeirence. :)
Dragon Cave: http://dragcave.net/user/Dakonic
Formally known as "celestial88"
Image Image Image Image
Victorelle
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Kilrogg (US)

Unread post by Victorelle »

1) I either find Krush dead... or alive on aother toon and when I get there on my hunter hes dead...

2) I have 2 Spirit Beast :D Skoll and Arcturis there my best friends ^^

3) I have the rare Silithid Ravager... but I would love that bird!

4) I have Big Samras a black bear there really good AOE aggro pets :)

5) Humar the pridelord since lvl 23 got him 2-3 years ago! Il never get ride of him... maybe if i get Krush... But then Ill really miss him... :(
Slickrock

you all are going to be mad at me, lol.. I released Skoll to get a wolf again, at least until I find Aotona. 3 spirit beasts just didn't make sense when I don't get them out much. I tamed the red wolf out of Blasted Lands since Barnabus wasn't around.