Mislabeled Beasts

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Acherontia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Re: Mislabeled Beasts

Unread post by Acherontia »

Found another beast-labeled Savage Proto-Drake, also untameable. See image attached; tis the proto-drakes tethered in Ymirheim, Icecrown. I'll make a list here of all the non-listed/mislabeled beasts I find & mark the tameables green, the untameables red.

So far I've got...

Mislabeled as Beast:

*Hyldsmeet Proto-Drake (Storm Peaks)
*Blighted Proto-Drake (Storm Peaks)
*Savage Proto-Drake (Icecrown)
*Umpi (Hillsbrad Foothills)

Possible new tameables:

*Young Venomhide Ravasaur (Un'goro Crater) (Tameable by Alliance? Can be tamed, hostile to Horde.)

These are all detailed here & there in the post. I'll try and keep this updated! Shout if anyone else finds any!
Attachments
SavageProtoDrake.JPG
SavageProtoDrake.JPG (122.12 KiB) Viewed 703 times
Acherontia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Found another you might find amusing: the dead Shattertusk Bulls in Sholazar (up by the bones/vulture area) show on Beast Tracker. Not Beast Loreable though.
Wolfinglen
Realm: Velen, Blackhand, Borean Tundra, Nesingwary

Unread post by Wolfinglen »

Hmm, I hate to burst anyone's bubble but the young vemonhide ravasaur is friendly to the Alliance too. I'll post screenshots as soon as I can get the computer with WoW back up and running...

Oh, it's probably old news, but Khadgar's Servant shows up as a beast on beast tracking. To my knowledge he is the only voidwalker type skin that thinks he's a beast and not an elemental/demon. Don't think he can be tamed though. :?

I'll be on the lookout for more relevant labeling oddities. ^^;
Razzy
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Razzy »

This is a pretty nice idea, I never would've thought of it myself. x3 I'll keep updated with this.
Acherontia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Excellent, that is what I was asking--shall mark that he's friendly to Alliance as well. Beast Lore shows him as Tameable, but I wasn't sure if he was friendly/hostile to Allies.

What I'd really like is a list of beasts involved in game scripts, to see if there's any bugged/odd creatures that can be tamed in a strange fashion or for odd effects. That may be a topic for another post though.

I remember seeing Khadgar's Servant as a beast on tracker ages ago. Will go check now and if he hasn't been fixed, add him to the list! Thanks :)
Acherontia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Added Opus, a parrot minipet found with the goblins in the cave at Flame Crest, Burning Steppes. Labeled as Beast, shows on Beast Tracker but not Beast Loreable.
Hawkshadow
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Ravenholdt

Unread post by Hawkshadow »

hmmm i was thinking about this the other day. Im sure we all remember the ghost wolf...but what about the Dire Wolf in Hyjal that uses the same skin? This one is labled as a beast, but is friendly to both horde and alliance. However if i remember right if you attempt to kill the dragon Anachronos (dragon near the summoning stone for Caverns of Time) he despawns at around 20% health, BUT you lose some rep with scales of the sand. What if you got to unfriendly with this faction, would the dire wolves be tameable then maybe? Or does anyone else know of a way to loose rep with Scales of the Sand? (Can't check mark the "go to war" with box)

http://www.wow-petopia.com/html/mobs/mob_direwolf.html
Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

Hawkshadow wrote:hmmm i was thinking about this the other day. Im sure we all remember the ghost wolf...but what about the Dire Wolf in Hyjal that uses the same skin? This one is labled as a beast, but is friendly to both horde and alliance. However if i remember right if you attempt to kill the dragon Anachronos (dragon near the summoning stone for Caverns of Time) he despawns at around 20% health, BUT you lose some rep with scales of the sand. What if you got to unfriendly with this faction, would the dire wolves be tameable then maybe? Or does anyone else know of a way to loose rep with Scales of the Sand? (Can't check mark the "go to war" with box)

http://www.wow-petopia.com/html/mobs/mob_direwolf.html
The Dire Wolf is not part of any faction.

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

drax99
Realm: Ghostlands

Unread post by drax99 »

Yea, I have Daffyd, my hunter with a pet named Aaragh after my druid. Even had a pet named Drax for awhile. I think I am gonna roll a new alliance hunter when Cata goes live, and name him Aaragh, and get a pet named Daffyd.
tramani
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: dragonblight
Location: sholazar basin , i have a little place there called the avalanche

Unread post by tramani »

tramani reporting for reporting untameable tameabale beasts
(its confusing i know)
Acherontia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

I'd been wondering the same about the Dire Wolf, glad someone knows about its faction without me having to go into Hyjal and investigate ^^

Is there ANY way to become hostile to -everyone- and -everything-, even for a brief duration? A disguise during a quest, anything?

Also--does anyone know if Number Two, the blue/white gorilla spawned during the first couple Narain Soothfancy quests in the Scepter of the Shifting Sands chain, is tameable? I just did it a couple days ago and didn't even think to Beast Lore him.
Acherontia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Okay, ran into Khadgar's Servant today and he is indeed still a beast. Added to list!
gaghiel
Realm: Doomhammer

Unread post by gaghiel »

One mislabeled beast that I have come across in my travels is Tethyr, the giant Godzilla-like whale monster that attacks Theramore. I didn't realize that the cannons were usable on him so I got my lv 80 buddy to come and pummel him flat the old fashioned way. I was too busy geeking out about him being a beast and how awesome it would be to tame one.

Fingers crossed that his model becomes an aquatic environment pet type in Cata.
Max
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Outland PvP

Unread post by Max »

Found one in the plaguelands leveling my Petopians hunter

EDIT: Typoo
Acherontia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Yah someone had mentioned the carrion worms to me yesterday; I'm on my way now to check them just for the sake of being thorough (for tameability).

The Tethys dude is a Kraken; there's some out in the North Sea over Icecrown (Hrothgar's Landing) as well. I'm not sure these are mislabeled as such, they're just untameable beasts, but I'll go beast lore them to be 100%. If they aren't beasts out there I'll list Tethys as well.
Dewclaw
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Llane

Unread post by Dewclaw »

Can you imagine a hunter with a grub slooching around? Ick, lol.
Golden
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Chamber of Aspects-A, Bloodhoof-H

Unread post by Golden »

There are also some hares in Dragonblight that are labeled as beasts. As far as I know, they're spawned every now and then near a polar bear and its cub and the cub will then play around a bit with it before killing it. Beast Lored them once, not tameable. :(

Me wants killer hare for pet!
Acherontia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

I'll go check those 2 out afterward, kraken + hares :P

The Carrion Devourers etc are indeed untameable beasts in EPL; I'm not sure whether to list them though, as I'm not sure they're mislabeled as such. I'll include them for now just because they seem like the sort of thing Blizz usually marks as nothing, rather than beast.
Pawtrack
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Venture co., Duskwood, Hydraxis, Draka

Unread post by Pawtrack »

Found this guy:

Not beast lorable though :(
Attachments
Cricket.jpg
Cricket.jpg (108.72 KiB) Viewed 703 times

Death leads to life
Life leads to death

FuzzyDolly
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Velen, Nessingwary

Unread post by FuzzyDolly »

Safrienaer wrote:There are also some hares in Dragonblight that are labeled as beasts. As far as I know, they're spawned every now and then near a polar bear and its cub and the cub will then play around a bit with it before killing it. Beast Lored them once, not tameable. :(

Me wants killer hare for pet!
It's got sharp pointy teeth... Look at the bones!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us