I wish I could retaliate against SW NPC guards

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
mnenioc
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Silvermoon

I wish I could retaliate against SW NPC guards

Unread post by mnenioc »

I've been camping for Sewer Beast for over a week and now I've seen him twice, in 2 days... but both times, he's survived a whole 10 secs in total. After I start taming, the guards pop out of nowhere and killed him.
It's bad enough dealing with other players but now I have to compete against guards?
Oh... how I wish I could kill those guards :evil:
Well the bright side of today... I got my fiery warhorse after years of farming it on 7 toons. :D
pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Re: I wish I could retaliate against SW NPC guards

Unread post by pop »

glyph of tame beast and freeze trap first.
mnenioc
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Silvermoon

Unread post by mnenioc »

Yep, did that. Guards are still showing up and killing Sewer.
This time, it was between Cathedral and Dwarven. I waited till Sewer was near entrance to lake and no guards looked to be around.
- I laid freezing trap ahead of it (so it could walk into it)
- Waiting and when it was frozen, I drank pot and used haste trink
- Started taming

then low and behold, a guard shows up to save the day with less than a sec left in taming, to 3 shot it. Then corpse disappears.
Nevish
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Eonar, Thunderhorn

Unread post by Nevish »

mnenioc wrote:Yep, did that. Guards are still showing up and killing Sewer.
This time, it was between Cathedral and Dwarven. I waited till Sewer was near entrance to lake and no guards looked to be around.
- I laid freezing trap ahead of it (so it could walk into it)
- Waiting and when it was frozen, I drank pot and used haste trink
- Started taming

then low and behold, a guard shows up to save the day with less than a sec left in taming, to 3 shot it. Then corpse disappears.
Taming the Sewer Beast became ridiculously hard post-Cata. Have you checked out the Wowhead page for it? There might be some good taming strategies.

Tsuki
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Tsuki »

Unless you're taming it just because it's Sewer Beast, for the prestige of the npc ID (Trust me, I'd do it too), it's not a unique skin, so there are other places you can tame it. Again, this is assuming you don't already know this. Other than that, the best help I can think of is using the glyph of camo and glyph of tame beast (glyph of camo only if guards attack you before tame begins to help you get there iunno), then before the tame, freeze him with a trap (should prevent the npcs from killing it), pop rapid fire for haste, pop a haste pot, and tame away. Also, someone with time warp/bloodlust/ancient hysteria could help too if you want even more haste.

Good luck Dx

~Signature made by Serenith~Image~Signature made by Serenith~