A call for more dogs

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.

More dogs?

YES MORE DOG MODELS!
64%
Nah no more are needed
16%
Maybe one new model with different colors
20%

Total votes: 50

Makoes
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Re: A call for more dogs

Unread post by Makoes »

We have Chihuahua's already, blizzard calls them Female worgen.

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

Cerele
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Hellscream

Unread post by Cerele »

I think they need a better ability,
the channeling is so stupid it makes dogs and crabs nothing compared to spiders and silithids

signature thanks to Kurieno
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Makoes wrote:We have Chihuahua's already, blizzard calls them Female worgen.
Oh my god, yes! Talk about distorted body image. At least to me, anyway. It feels like one of those models where they couldn't decide whether to make it true-to-form or sexy, so they tried to find a compromise, which just resulted in "creepy".
Tahlian wrote:I wouldn't mind seeing a greyhound model, being a sighthound fancier myself...but given what I know about them from living with 'em for the last decade or more, that'd be the one breed of dog that would need the "nap" special that the bears get. Mine spends the bulk of his time asleep, once he's gotten the morning crazies out of his system! :lol:
We have so many greyhounds around my work and they're the sweetest dogs. They get unwanted ones from the racing industry (sad) and house them here so the new vet students can learn how to handle dogs properly. Then they eventually find loving homes for them. For a breed that is used for racing they must be the laziest dogs in existence! :)
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Wain wrote:
Makoes wrote:We have Chihuahua's already, blizzard calls them Female worgen.
Oh my god, yes! Talk about distorted body image. At least to me, anyway. It feels like one of those models where they couldn't decide whether to make it true-to-form or sexy, so they tried to find a compromise, which just resulted in "creepy".
The alpha models were perfect. Then people complained they didn't look 'ferocious' and 'rabid' enough so Blizzard gave them what they wanted. Tada...this is what we got.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Tsuki
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Tsuki »

Tsuki wrote:Image
That is all

Also yes, we do need more dogs. St. Bernard, tameable Pug, tameable Corgi, and more dogs that don't even have models yet, please ;-;
You know, I'm not even going to ask how that image got there.
(Chatango, a chat program I use to talk to my friends, always erases your clipboard if you follow a link. And I guess I didn't notice)

The image I MENT to put was that of a Honduran White Bat.
guh.

~Signature made by Serenith~Image~Signature made by Serenith~

Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

Wain wrote:Oh my god, yes! Talk about distorted body image. At least to me, anyway. It feels like one of those models where they couldn't decide whether to make it true-to-form or sexy, so they tried to find a compromise, which just resulted in "creepy".
Firstly my female worgen toons are very offended you find them creepy :P I actually don't mind them but the faces could of used more work. I think my druid is sexy anyway ;)

On the topic of dogs: Only dogs i like in wow are the rune ones cause they kinda fit a fantasy game. Im not a fan of the mastiffs and wouldnt go out of my way to tame one. So i'm abit meh about it. I can see the arguement that we have farm animals then why not dogs? Maybe make them a special thing like taming an enemy factions npc's dog (i hated that poison the farm dog quest the undead made you do :cry: ) but don't have them running wild like Ginga Densetsu Weed stylin.

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Tsuki wrote:The image I MENT to put was that of a Honduran White Bat.
OK, not quite, but....

:)
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Tsuki wrote:
Tsuki wrote:Image
That is all

Also yes, we do need more dogs. St. Bernard, tameable Pug, tameable Corgi, and more dogs that don't even have models yet, please ;-;
You know, I'm not even going to ask how that image got there.
(Chatango, a chat program I use to talk to my friends, always erases your clipboard if you follow a link. And I guess I didn't notice)

The image I MENT to put was that of a Honduran White Bat.
guh.
I was gonna say....I was very VERY confused at the image. XD

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Araela
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Thrall

Unread post by Araela »

I would seriously love to see a collie or a golden retriever. OR BOTH!
Rawr
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Rawr »

Tsuki wrote: The image I MENT to put was that of a Honduran White Bat.
Seriously one of the cutest things I'v ever seen :hug: :mrgreen:

Helsinki
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Dalaran - US

Unread post by Helsinki »

The more time I spend with my in-laws' dalmatians, the less I want to see any dog ever - especially in WoW lol. More bats would be cool though!
Sarynotsorry - Dalaran
Helgada - Nesingwary
zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

I vote no. Simply because this is a FANTASY game. The lore etc states nothing about a dog like a German shepherd being around etc. As already stated the mastiff is one of the oldest breeds in the world. So that for lore and fantasy make sense.

I've said this dozens of times and will keep saying it. Blizzard needs to stop adding!!! Just update the old models!!! Would much rather have great looking old models then some new model that would have never existed in the lore /history of WoW to begin with.

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Redith
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: several

Unread post by Redith »

zedxrgal wrote:I vote no. Simply because this is a FANTASY game. The lore etc states nothing about a dog like a German shepherd being around etc.
Yes the Mastiff is an older breed, but 1. There were other old breeds before mastiffs like the Celtic hounds (Basically Irish Wolfhounds or deerhounds) And 2. The German Shepherds cousin The Germanic Wolfdog, and the British wolfdogs were around just as long as Mastiffs.
Tahlian
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Feathermoon

Unread post by Tahlian »

And sighthounds of the greyhound/pharaoh hound type have been around since ancient Egypt or even earlier. So they certainly could belong in a fantasy-type game.

Here there be dragons... http://dragcave.net/user/Tahlian

And here there be more dragons, too...http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=22415

zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

Redith wrote:
zedxrgal wrote:I vote no. Simply because this is a FANTASY game. The lore etc states nothing about a dog like a German shepherd being around etc.
Yes the Mastiff is an older breed, but 1. There were other old breeds before mastiffs like the Celtic hounds (Basically Irish Wolfhounds or deerhounds) And 2. The German Shepherds cousin The Germanic Wolfdog, and the British wolfdogs were around just as long as Mastiffs.
I think you misunderstand me. :oops: The lore & history of the game (in WoW itself) has no dog breeds in it. That's what I said. Not whether or not breeds were around back in the days of old of real world. :)

That's just one of the reasons why real world dog breeds shouldn't be added. :) Again. Just my opinion.

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I don't know that a lack of "lore" on a particular topic precludes its inclusion in the game. If so, the future of creatures in the game is severely limited. We wouldn't have seen cranes, cloud serpents, quilen, etc. this xpac.

Dogs have actually been in WoW since vanilla, but the lack of a model meant they used wolves. But they were still referred to as dogs. And in a game where we have "Swiss" Cheese and characters perform comical modern dances, dogs that resemble real-world breeds are, I think, a minor thing :)
Myrrmi
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: [EU] The Mealstron, Emerald Dream, Bloodhoof

Unread post by Myrrmi »

The lore's got in it what the nice guys of Blizz has put in it :) There are many cat people in Blizz, so we have bazilion of cat breeds as minipets and probaby more of cat models than of models for all the oter pet families together :P

I don't see why ther couldn't be people hunting with hounds, different breeds for different regions and preys. Also guarding dogs (mastiffs already do that for gilneans), shepherd dogs (we have sheep, right?) and so on. I wouldn't want a dog behind every corner, but it would be nice to see a working one from time to time, or even some rich posh damsel accompanied by a tiny posh doggie-thing through the streets of Stormwind.

Crithto doesn't count :P He's his own category.

Growing Internet Dragons:
(> My DragonCave <|> My TaleofDragons <|> My MagiStream <|> My FlightRising <)
Please, CLICK so we don't run out of Internet Dragons to kill :)
HunterFTW
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: muridain

Unread post by HunterFTW »

oh i would like a husky and german sheperd pls.a doberment to so i can name him Buster.

also i think i can see how dogs can come into the game.the fact we can tame wolves and foxes is the answer.people can breed these beasts and eventually they evolvive into a new breed with specific traits that they breed them for.such as combat and farming.as i rember right todays dogs are basicly the desedents of wolves and foxes that our ancestors have breed to suit there needs.so people of wow tame wolves and foxes can easly end up makeing a domestic dog such as a Dingo.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

In the real world it seems that dogs evolved from wolves that developed a habit of hanging around the edges of our camps and eating our food scraps, then eventually became our friends. We subconsciously or consciously chose ones that were more interactive, more compliant and had forward-pointing eyes, like us. And a dog is what we ended up with. They're by far the oldest domestic animal. The last estimate I read was at least 15,000 years, which is is why they show greater diversity than pretty much any other animal.

In WoW, humans evolved as Vrykul "runts". Vrykul have dogs, so presumably humans took some into exile.
pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by pop »

I want a Perky Pug hunter pet.. but with new ability...