Was this guy messing with me???????????

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
zedxrgal
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Was this guy messing with me???????????

Unread post by zedxrgal »

Picture first and see general chat
As you can see this player states he killed Loque. You can also see my reply in which yes was bit snide. Oh this happened yesterday afternoon.
Here's the odd part. There was no player in the basin by that name and my NPC Scan for Loque never went off. So was he fibbing just to irritate the others who were in the area or was my NPC scan not working??? I clear my cache every time before playing. I wasn't looking or even camping for Loque just doing the basin quests and getting photos of when the spirit strike hits a tiny target compared to something large.

Loque was cached in NPC and it was 3:19 PM server time.

So. Was this guy messing with me and people in the basin or could my NPC scan be faulty for some reason????

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Saturo

Re: Was this guy messing with me???????????

Unread post by Saturo »

You could simply have been out of range. NPCScan requires you to be pretty close for the alert to go off.

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Nevar
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Hellscream

Unread post by Nevar »

I will bet 9/10 he was messing with you there is a small possibility he was right however when I camped for my Loque I had idiots doing the exact same thing. Its annoying and not very courteous but they only really do it to push the buttons of the hunter camping for him. I wouldnt worry too much just remember to always clear your cache if your hunting a rare mob. :)

Foxy and Wiley! <3

Siggy credit to Erwil! and Avatar credit to Erwil as well!!

Tyuriwen
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Terenas (EU)

Unread post by Tyuriwen »

*sigh* I seriously think he's pulling your leg. It's ever so easy to say 'Hey everyone, just wanna let you know I killed [Sholazar rare], for all those that want to kill him again, or tame him, come back in 6-10 hours'. This could be COMPLETELY false, leading everyone to believe they would spawn at that time when they could have spawned before or after, unbeknownst to the poor campers. The opposite so to stands. People who are genuinly lovely, really just want to help out, tell other people what time they killed/tamed this rare, and people just don't believe them.

May sound a bit cliché, but in this scenario, trust no-one. Then again, it's all how you look at the situation. It could be seen as 'wasting 4 hours of my life' or 'at least I know he didn't spawn in those 4 hours I was here'.

But to suggest NPCScan was faulty when it's worked fine on several other occasions (so I've seen for you), with your Cache cleared, it's a tad improbable. Not impossible, but improbable. =)

Walk softly, and carry a big gun.

{My Pets|My Mounts}

kairii
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: EU-Arathor

Unread post by kairii »

it could of been a sick joke
but yes if you are not near him (there is a range limit on npc scan) it will not go off
ALSO if someone skins the mob your npc scan shouldnt go off

so 50/50 chance it was a lie

but my lil loque wishies you luck! Image

A huge thanks to kamoodle5 for the amazing signature

Slickrock

Unread post by Slickrock »

Likely he was messing with you. Thankfully there is an ignore feature.
Account has been closed at user's request.
Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

It's worse when you know that there are other hunters out camping Aotona, and OMG SHE SPAWNED /TAME! and then "Just tamed Aotona, gonna' be a while before she respawns".

"yeah right"
"im not falling for that lol"

Could've spared them some time there...

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

Eh. I just tamed Skoll and told people, because I wanted to spare them the hours to wait. Someone snaps at me, yelling at me for pointing it out, etc, etc, that I was being a jerk. And I'm kind of like. "I'm just letting people know! Geez." And promptly left Storm Peaks to go do stuff with Apollo. >.>

And yeah, could be a lie, could not be. Sometimes people are just jerks though.
kairii
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: EU-Arathor

Unread post by kairii »

yeah but depends how you word it
'im sorry to say i tamed [rare mob] feel free to flame me'

works for me and ofc if you get /ws from the nicer people offer them help i normally add them to my friends list and if i see the mob they want i can just /w them

A huge thanks to kamoodle5 for the amazing signature

Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

Point. I tend to try help others though. I helped some hunter get their Loque by suggesting a spot to look...He ended up whispering an hour so later telling me he got it. So, it made me pleased to know I helped someone.
Victorelle
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Kilrogg (US)

Unread post by Victorelle »

Someone did that to me to when I was looking for Skoll

Atlest the dude admitted that he was lying :P but... lots of people then started to curse him out...