How to get to the Echoweb Spider in Four Winds w/out quest

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Kintsugi
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Elune, Wyrmrest Accord, Earthen Ring

How to get to the Echoweb Spider in Four Winds w/out quest

Unread post by Kintsugi »

If you've already done, or haven't gotten the quest for Old Man Thistle's treasure, you can still tame the fire spiders in the blocked off cave Cavern of Endless Echos. Very simple. Just die right outside. The mogu will be happy to help. Rez inside, cause it lets you walk right thru the boulders. Tame spider of your choice. Let the spiders kill you at the blocked off entrance. Rez outside. Voila, instant fire spider w/out Fireland or the quest:)
Sorry if its old news.
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Re: How to get to the Echoweb Spider in Four Winds w/out que

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

Nice that you can get all the fire spider colors there (except purple).
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I should add that to the notes for the next update.

Is the green still tameable? There was an issue with that one retaining some buff or something. I forget what. I wasn't sure if that was fixed or if it was removed from being tameable.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

Wain wrote:Is the green still tameable? There was an issue with that one retaining some buff or something. I forget what. I wasn't sure if that was fixed or if it was removed from being tameable.
Just tamed the green Echoweb Toxiclaw today. Showed no evidence of doing the acid bomb aoe when I sent it to attack after taming, so it looks like that was fixed.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

GormanGhaste wrote:Just tamed the green Echoweb Toxiclaw today. Showed no evidence of doing the acid bomb aoe when I sent it to attack after taming, so it looks like that was fixed.
Good to know! Thanks :)
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Shinryu Masaki
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Shinryu Masaki »

Also worth mentioning is that you need to have the Tame Beast glyph to tame the orange ones that comes out of the eggs, because they have a debuff that kills them after 8 seconds after spawning.
ImageImage
Divixon
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Frostmourne Alliance

Unread post by Divixon »

or, if you have a slow loading comp, u can get away with it and fly into the cave without dismounting till your inside :P
Windwolf
Realm: Agamaggan

Nice that you can get all the fire spider colors there (exce

Unread post by Windwolf »

I would very much like the purple spider to be kept the same and be difficult to tame. I'm sure other hunters feel the same. We stressed with traps, concussion shots and continuing death of our beautiful pets over and over and over!....sweating and heart pounding!!...While the enemy hunter looks on to see if you fail!! Fighting other SPIDER ADDS!!...OH MY GAWWWWD!!! oh...well...like I was saying, please don't make copies of the purple spider....thank you.....
Shinryu Masaki
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Shinryu Masaki »

Actually the green spider Kirix is the hardest one to tame. Deth'tilac on the other hand, while having the "send a temp pet to die" mechanic, is way too much easy to tame if you bring a Druid with you to chain roots it.
ImageImage
virgo02
Realm: Shadowsong & Whisperwind

Unread post by virgo02 »

If you want to tame the spiders in the cave that look like Anthriss and Solix then all you have to do is die. There are some big guys patrolling outside the cave. Attack one and let him kill you - but make sure your body is really close to the entrance - Return as a ghost and accept rez inside the cave. The yellow spider (that looks like Anthriss) is right there inside the entrance so be careful and the orange spiderlings(that look just like Solix)are just inside the entrance and to the right. They are inside sacs so all you have to do is get close to one and it will hatch. After all that is done, you can either hearth out or have a spider kill you in order to get out of the cave.