Outland basilisks are not impressed with the patch changes

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
pengupuff
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Skywall

Outland basilisks are not impressed with the patch changes

Unread post by pengupuff »

My red outland hydra Belphegor is one of my favorite pets and when I pulled him out today I noticed he looks a bit more pissed off than usual.
It seems that his eyes are much more narrowed than before. He looks so mad! Heh
Here's what he looked like normally:

And now:

It doesn't bother me, if anything he looks better prepared to kick some ass. I thought it was a funny little side-effect of the changes, though.

"Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who could not hear the music." - Angela Monet

Check out my stable!

Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Re: Outland basilisks are not impressed with the patch chang

Unread post by Vephriel »

Huh, that's strange. They did have a blinking animation, right? I haven't used mine in a while. I wonder if somehow it became frozen on one of the frames, or if it's an animated eye that's usually on top of that part of the model and it somehow disappeared?
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

That's interesting. I wonder what's going on... I'll see if I can extract the latest copy of the model and see what WMV does with it.

Also, the alpha mask on your basilisk image isn't being rendered, leaving all that brown around the whiskers. Is that just the modeller you're using?
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Rarehunter1
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Rarehunter1 »

I'd be mad too if I was the only hunter pet in WoW that has the honor of providing no buffs or having special abilities of any sort. They took out the petrify, and gave 'em nothin in return. Grrrrr. Poor Basilisks. NEED TO BE FIXED!