Little Wasps

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
magepower13
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Azjol-Nerub

Little Wasps

Unread post by magepower13 »

So I just ran around trying to retame a wasp that stayed tiny after the tame went off.

To my dismay, they've all been "Fixed" to grow to normal size. :cry:
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Re: Little Wasps

Unread post by Wain »

I wonder if it's linked to the fact that pets no longer colour change either. Maybe certain properties are no longer being saved or inherited because of fundamental changes. It may not be an intended result.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
peanutbuttercup
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by peanutbuttercup »

Sadly I just discovered this today as well. So much for my little green wasp being my new haste buff pet. :( If the change gets reverted I'll go and fetch him again.
magepower13
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Azjol-Nerub

Unread post by magepower13 »

I really hope it's something they can fix, if it was indeed unintended. I love wasps, but their wings get in the way so often. It's the same reason I don't use a Chimera. The little wasps bypassed that entirely and were adorable to boot :)
zedxrgal
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

Add yet another bug to the list. No pun intended.
I will check my boss wasps and see if they stayed huge or not. I so hope they didn't shrink.

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Equeon
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Thorium Brotherhood

Unread post by Equeon »

I can confirm this, it affects wasps tamed before the hotfix as well.

This is really disappointing, as I really liked the unique and convenient size of these wasps and it's really the only reason I kept two different ones. If this doesn't get reverted, I guess I'll just use a Draenor Hook Wasp instead :(

If it's intentional, I have to ask: why remove something that doesn't really affect gameplay and only adds variety to hunter pets?
This isn't like the appearance buffs that could be exploited, and I don't think using small wasps gives a particular advantage in PvP.
It's just one more way to make individual pets a little less interesting.
zedxrgal

@Equeon - I don't think it was /is intentional to be honest. Although I could be wrong. If you happen to look at the color changing pets thread I made there's a GM response there from my initial ticket. By the sound of it it's a bug of sorts.
But again. It could be intentional. If it ends up being intentional and the giant /tiny /color changing does not return I will cry as many many of my pets will be abandoned. My one hunter more than half her stable is the color changers.

Edit: I can confirm that the Boss wasps have decreased in size. They're the size of normal post tame wasps now. :cry:

Schlimazel
Realm: Mal'Ganis

Unread post by Schlimazel »

Yeah, it seems like my Florawing wasp from Zul'whatever is normal size, and the tiny wasp I tamed is at "normal" size too. Boo, Blizzard, boooooo.
SylviaDragon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Drenden/illidan

Unread post by SylviaDragon »

Sadly it would seem that both my color changing beetle Apophis and my color changing wasp, Zim, are both stuck with what I assume was their original pre-tamed color. :( any word yet on if the removal of color changers tamed before the change was intentional or not?

Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Ner'zhul (US)

Unread post by Xota »

Equeon wrote:
This isn't like the appearance buffs that could be exploited, and I don't think using small wasps gives a particular advantage in PvP.
How small were they? I'd say that having a small pet does give advantages for pvp. Both psychological and practical.
peanutbuttercup
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by peanutbuttercup »

The small wasps were probably about 60 or 70% of the size of the normal ones. So yes they were small, but not any tinier than the tameable ravens or seagulls, both of which have always been small and have retained their size.
Equeon
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Thorium Brotherhood

Unread post by Equeon »

They were smaller than regular wasps, but as peanutbuttercup pointed out they were actually even bigger than seagulls/ravens/WoD toucans.

Size reference

With the removal of pet CC, it's not like it makes it any harder to interrupt their stun or something. There's really no good reason to make them bigger, even in PvP.
Akyo
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Altar of storms

Unread post by Akyo »

very sad. i loved my giant wasps

While this feature of the Grimtotem Spirit Guide wasn't exactly intended... - it will still be possible in future for everyone who wishes to tame this NPC to do so
zedxrgal

SylviaDragon wrote:Sadly it would seem that both my color changing beetle Apophis and my color changing wasp, Zim, are both stuck with what I assume was their original pre-tamed color. :( any word yet on if the removal of color changers tamed before the change was intentional or not?
You can find my thread on the color changers no longer changing HERE.

I'll go post the most recent response to my ticket since I forgot.

Regarding smaller wasps. No response to that yet on my side.