Got my Gara :D

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
moonone
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Uldum

Got my Gara :D

Unread post by moonone »

server first - Uldum - US

was 91 - void guys were fun :D

Good luck to everyone with their endeavor!!!!!
Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Re: Got my Gara :D

Unread post by Lisaara »

That was fast. Thought you couldn't get her til 100.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

moonone
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by moonone »

mm - on horde side the garrison quest was broke - so I figured - what the heck - thought id get in to trouble with the void lantern but that wasn't an issue.
Then I figured I wouldn't be able to do the guys in void phase - though they were tough to solo - I managed it - took a bit to get them down - with some kiting needed between pet heals - they can be slowed.
Has to kill 5 of them until Xan came - killed a mixture of the two kinds. Xan went down the easiest.

lvl 91 - ilvl 575
Imoogi
Realm: Sentinels

Unread post by Imoogi »

Nice grats. Was wondering if this was gonna be doable early on. Glad to hear it.
Danielfboone
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Draka

Unread post by Danielfboone »

I saw everywhere that it wasn't even presented until level 100. What's up?
Sammax
Realm: Aerie Peak

Unread post by Sammax »

I got mine last night at about 3am UK time, i was level 90.

So happy its the first thing i did, now i get to level with Gara!
Akyo
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Altar of storms

Unread post by Akyo »

I dont even know how to get past the blocked road in frostfire ridge to get the items needed as alliance.

While this feature of the Grimtotem Spirit Guide wasn't exactly intended... - it will still be possible in future for everyone who wishes to tame this NPC to do so
Tilo
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Stormrage, Cenarius, & Ysera-US

Unread post by Tilo »

Edit: ok I see, so you don't have to be maxed... my apologies I thought it was some 'cheat' to get to the end without doing the quest since the initial post didn't make much mention of actually doing the quest at all, just the void npcs.
Last edited by Tilo on Sat Nov 15, 2014 12:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪
Signature Kamoodle []
moonone
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by moonone »

ask and you shall receive -

If you look at the original beta gara post - youll see I was pretty involved with all the goings on...

taking that into consideration (I knew what was to be done by the back of my hand)

I got to Garrison part roughly 25 min after midnight - and for Horde the garrison was broke - so we were stuck.

I wasn't intending to do Gara till at least 94 - figured it wasn't possible.

But with nothing else to do - I ventured forth. First I ground a bit to get half a bar to 91 - then took off to Shadowmoon - which entailed going through Gorgrond - into Taladoor and then into Shadowmoon.

When I got to Gara - she was there. Having picked up the berries on my way to her - I interacted with her (scratched her head) and then once again to do the berries.

Then I took off for Spires - closest area and item. Killed mob there and headed over to Nagrand. Killed that guy - and hearthed back to Frost.
Got those two pieces - and went back to Gorgrond - and got the effigy. Once I had all the pieces and the whole spirit effigy - I headed back to Gara. At this point with the exploring and some mobs I was 91.

Used falling flame thingy by Gara to propel me over to Void Lantern - landed right on the guy that's closest to entrance area. Got the Void lantern and jumped down to river - went back to Gara.
Went to tree and used lantern. Went in to void phase - and proceeded to slowly kill void guys. Xan spawned and killed him easier than the other guys.

At that point it was about three hours after WOD opened (my clock is off an hour) -

So - you should be able to see Gara and start at level 90.

I have ilvl 575 - that with food - flask - drums etc - I had not to much of a problem doing it all. Only guy with lantern was a little rough. And then the void guys - when they would get my pet lowish on health - id grab the mob - and kite it using concussion shot - while my pet healed to full.

Did not use a turtle - just specced tank pet.

And no - nobody helped me with any part at all - and only hunters can use lantern and go into void - I think?

If there was a level 100 hunter 3 hours into release - Id say they were cheating.

Hope that clears it up for you.

From what I can tell so far I might have gotten US first tame :O - totally unintentional but cool beans none the less.

Good luck to those still going for her -
Danielfboone
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

I'm iLevel 546 and level 91.and don't have any flasks. I have the Crude Effigy and all the parts except the ones in Nagrand and Spires (don't know how to get there and the one in Talador was hard enough. I have died at least 5 times so far.) I'm pretty sure I would not be able to kill the lvl 100 Void guys, so I'm gonna wait a bit.
peanutbuttercup
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by peanutbuttercup »

After seeing your post I started working on this as well, but like Akyo I don't see any way to get into Frostfire Ridge as Alli. I got all the rest of the pieces pretty easily but now it's just terrain that has me stuck. :(
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Yeah Ally have really no way of getting Frostfire...this bites.

LisaaraPokefarm

Danielfboone
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Nope, you can get into Frostfire and there is a flight point for Ally as well. I can't remember exactly how I did it but it involved going through Talador first. You go to the bridge before the big Horde base in the North and then go down along the beach. Then there is a passage up into Frostfire.

Actually getting through the rocks is easy. Much easier if you dismount. It's like a maze but really not that bad. Just look for spaces between the rocks.

Sorry I can't be more specific but I just quit for the night and I'm not going back in until tomorrow. Hopefully what I did post will help.
I don't know how to get into Spires and Nagrand.
moonone
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by moonone »

Sorry to hear about problems with getting into Frost. - Don't know the deal - the only thing I can think of is trying to travel along the shorelines to get there. That's what I would try at least. There are points all along Frost coast that you can get ashore so that won't be an issue - not sure about fatigue though - but I bet there's somewhere you can do it from. I think I'd try going into Talador - head to (northern?) coast and try from there.

Hope you guys have better luck at it soon - remember to try to pick up flightpaths on the way :D

Also if you have the item from Cinderfall (timeless) - once you get the effigy part done - turn around from gara - point towards Spires and launch yourself to get easy access to void lantern guys area.

Also - travel on a Strider for water walking - or use your waterstrider for water walk - and always try to travel with pet out when mounted - for the times you get dismounted by a mob - pet will grab the agro and you can run off (short camo usage helps) and fd. Also if you need it - mount speed glyph can come in handy when traversing areas to get items (when lower level) if your not in a guild especially.

Remember to enjoy the experience - might be our only story driven tame we will get - and feel good that we got this level of love.
Belvedeer
Realm: Stonemaul

Unread post by Belvedeer »

You can get into frostfire at the blocked road by going through the rocks blocking it on the left side of the rocks. There is a tiny hole where dismount walk in ull find it kinda hard to see at first
Belvedeer
Realm: Stonemaul

Unread post by Belvedeer »

Tamed at 92. Definitely doable at 90. Less QQ Tilo, l2P. Congrats to everone else good enough to complete at low level
Arthur
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Staghelm and Azuremyst

Unread post by Arthur »

So, what, did you register just to be an elitist and insult Tilo?

Who cares what level you tame Gara. people can play at any pace they want. it doesn't make them bad.

edit: This was aimed at Belvedeer
Last edited by Arthur on Sat Nov 15, 2014 12:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Imagemounts - pets - armoryImage

"If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor."

Boven
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn

Unread post by Boven »

Dang, that's impressive. I don't think I've the skill to get Gara for a while, personally.

I thought she spawned as a level 100 during the fight with the void lord guy. I'm guessing I'm wrong since that'd make her untameable for a 91
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Belvedeer, we do not tolerate people insulting one another here. We're not the official WoW forums that lets it happen. We're far better than that.

LisaaraPokefarm

peanutbuttercup
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by peanutbuttercup »

Belvedeer wrote:You can get into frostfire at the blocked road by going through the rocks blocking it on the left side of the rocks. There is a tiny hole where dismount walk in ull find it kinda hard to see at first
Really? I was searching all over and then accidentally walked into a horde hub (and ran away, flagged) and finally gave up. I did get the flight path back to the area though. As soon as I can get on my toon I'll go back and check!

EDIT: Yes yes! It was right where you said it was - I couldn't see it at all but I just pressed against the rocks til I slipped through, and then it was like, "How did I miss this?!" THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!
Last edited by peanutbuttercup on Fri Nov 14, 2014 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.