Got my Gara :D

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Kyonarai
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Stonemaul

Re: Got my Gara :D

Unread post by Kyonarai »

Well, I got all of the items for my effigy, and summoned mother omra and the void guy, but now I am having trouble killing the void twister guy. He hits like a truck!

Anyways, just thought I'd add that I got into frostfire by climbing the mountain as far as I could around the giant bones and then dieing. I got sent the the Grom'gar grave yard so I just took rez sickness.

I'm level 92.
Special thanks to Ket-shi!
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Congrats everyone! I went ahead and started the chain, though last night I reached a roadblock when it came to the Voidtwisters. It's so hard to get to them past all those other orc mobs. D: I can't Camo past them either as their level is high enough that they see right though it, how did you guys get up to them at such a low level? And killing my way up just seems impossible/impractical.
Astratia
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Thorium Brotherhood

Unread post by Astratia »

I personally ran along the ledge in cameo as far as I could before being detected. Once I was I deterrence, and disengaged with posthaste, aspect of cheetah (with glyph no not be stunned), deterrence again and feigned. All this brought me right in the path of a Voidtwister with no other mobs near. Note before I eagle eyed to set my run path if things got (and did get) hairy.

Art Credit to Lupin Dark Wolf

Vephriel

Ahh, I shall give it another shot today as soon as I can get back in server, I was doing it very late last night and I think by that point I was too tired to attempt anything. :lol:
Belvedeer

Unread post by Belvedeer »

Posted by Tilo "So I thought the quest was only available at 100, so you guys are just finding someone who is 100 on the last part of the quest to get your pet, or you're cheating it to get it since I saw no mention of actually doing the quest, just going to the void area to kill them & getting the pet... please clarify the 'how', in that you either went to the void area with someone already on the quest, the quest isn't necessary, or you weaseled & was able to get it an 'alternate' way, thanks."

yea, because being called weasly cheaters isn't insulting. Derp.
Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Two wrongs don't make a right was the point. ;) Instead of insulting someone, just report the post and Wain will take care of it.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Kaswryn
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: (US) Lothar+Grizzly Hills (A) Alleria+Khadgar (H)

Unread post by Kaswryn »

In case anyone needs help with the voidtwister, there's a path with a graveyard at the top with a patrolling deathcaller and a voidtwister off to the side. Kite the voidtwister up to the graveyard (safe from other mobs) and keep the void alpha locked down with CC (I used wyvern sting) so you can focus on burning down the voidtwister.

Edit: oops, used wrong NPC name >.<
Last edited by Kaswryn on Sat Nov 15, 2014 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vephriel

Eee, I got her! :D

Belvedeer

Unread post by Belvedeer »

Congrats! Another piece of advice which has probably already been mentioned but I'll bring it up again. Get to the tree, use ur lantern, then only kill the 200,000 hp voids. I wasted a ton of time killing the ones over 1 mill hp and there is no point in doing that. And once u get to the taming phase, expect a void with 1 mill hp to spawn on ur face, happened to me 3 times. just make sure u kill xan near the tree and if u do die its no biggie, go back in he will still be spawned and if not kill a couple more 200k mobs and he will spawn again.
Danielfboone
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Draka

Unread post by Danielfboone »

Well I'm 92 and have the effigy made. Now for my attempt. I expect to fail a few times at least.
peanutbuttercup
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by peanutbuttercup »

Belvedeer wrote:Congrats! Another piece of advice which has probably already been mentioned but I'll bring it up again. Get to the tree, use ur lantern, then only kill the 200,000 hp voids. I wasted a ton of time killing the ones over 1 mill hp and there is no point in doing that.
^ This, so much. I made the mistake of taking on one of the "bigger" guys first and it took so long and my pet got so beaten up (at lvl 92, ilvl 582). Then I tried the easier ones and they went down in no time at all. Xan was actually easier than the bigger voidlords.

And now I have my Gara as well so thanks so much for your help!
Shade
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Alliance: Garona; Horde: Nordrassil

Unread post by Shade »

Got my Gara-am at level 91. :)

I had to get help with the getting of the lantern part, but other than that it was not too bad.

Some points:

Get the healing buff from the statues-blessing of D'Ore or the attack buff. I used heal myself.

Xan spawns near the tree if you were anything like me and couldn't find him for awhile there.

As others have said, kill the voidcallers, not the void lords.

I died a few times to Xan and freaked out the first time, thinking I had to go get another void lantern, but I did not. The dagger was still there and clickable.

Also-you CAN use your garrison cooldown to have them attack Xan too. Not sure if that is intentional or not-but hey it worked. *shrug* Died about six times to him before I thought to give that a try.

I killed him with a spirit beast, as I was suggested, for the extra heals, SPAMMED mend pet, used my garrison cooldown at pull and used a lot of feign deaths and deterrence.
Danielfboone
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

I'm at 92 and finding it impossible to get the lantern.

After 400g in repair bills, I have given up on getting the lantern until I get another couple of levels
onenation777
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Trollbane-Malfurion and many others

Unread post by onenation777 »

Got my Gara at level 91 on Exodar-US Friday November 14th, 2014 @ 7:58 PM Mountain Time

This was so much fun and challenging! I hope that in the future, Blizzard continues to do these types of quests for hunters of EVERY spec!

Now to get to 100!!

Jäysee
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Ghostlands

Unread post by Jäysee »

Junrei wrote:Yeah Ally have really no way of getting Frostfire...this bites.
I ran south past the blocked road to the water (ocean?) and went west along the coast until there was a path leading up through a ravine. (can't miss it) Then wiggled my way north west and killed several lvl101 rares along the way. I used a spirit beast and kept constant heals on him during the void masters and Xan fight. (Spirit beast also healed himself) Once Xan gets to about 2-5% health I dismissed my pet and killed him. Gara, in ghost form, will just stay with you and not fight with your pet out. Tamed her at lvl 96 ilvl 556.

Danielfboone wrote:I'm at 92 and finding it impossible to get the lantern.

After 400g in repair bills, I have given up on getting the lantern until I get another couple of levels
Freeze trap the wolf that is with the mob you get the lantern from. Use a spirit beast to kill the orc and just keep spamming mend pet in between shots and the spirit beast will also heal himself.
Last edited by Jäysee on Sat Nov 15, 2014 7:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

ZoMbIe BeAr WiLl EaT yOuR BrAiNs!

Shinryu Masaki
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Shinryu Masaki »

Jäysee wrote:

Freeze trap the wolf that is with the mob you get the lantern from. Use a spirit beast to kill the orc and just keep spamming mend pet in between shots and the spirit beast will also heal himself.
Don't forget to kill the Void Totem as soon as you see it, it reduces the damage the Voidtwister takes by 90%. I don't know if you play with enemy nameplates on, but they really help in this case to see when the totem spawns.
ImageImage
Jelani
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary

Unread post by Jelani »

I dont have a pic because I was exhausted after I finally finished at around midnight and now the servers are down, but I got my Gara :D

Me and a friend were both going for her so we teamed up for the Voidtwisters. Then after clicking the dagger, wow did we get lucky, someone was right by the tree with Xan at half health!

YAY! Flight Rising! Rawr!

Suicune
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Azuremyst/Staghelm

Unread post by Suicune »

Myself and two friends decided to tame her instead of leveling yesterday lol. Was a random idea I had, and thought it would be more fun and adventurous to run around in spots we shouldn't be in yet. The mobs weren't too much trouble, but we were in Mythic gear. She really is a beauty and the quest line's story gives her just that much more personality. After questing the rest of the day/night with her without a fitting name (and feeling sad over that fact), I think I finally came up with the perfect name. Good luck to all on your quest to tame this pretty girl!
~Queen of the Spirit Beasts~

Follow me on Twitter @GoddessSuicune

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/a ... e/advanced <-Main.

http://goddess-suicune.deviantart.com/ <-Rarely updated, too busy playing WoW. :lol:

The Dark Swarm is always looking for new faces! Stop by our Guild website: http://www.thedarkswarm.gamerlaunch.com (Azuremyst/Staghelm)
Danielfboone
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Shinryu Masaki wrote:
Jäysee wrote:

Don't forget to kill the Void Totem as soon as you see it, it reduces the damage the Voidtwister takes by 90%. I don't know if you play with enemy nameplates on, but they really help in this case to see when the totem spawns.
I don't play with nameplates on and I never even noticed that a totem spawned. I didn't have a Spirit beast with me either. I also find it almost impossible to trap the wolf without getting the Orc itself.

I hit 93 so maybe I'll try again. I'm still using all the gear I entered Draenor with though. It's such a hassle getting to the spot. I have to fly to Southport and then run across the entire zone, jump in the river, and then go up the ramp.
Thwip
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Elune/Gilneas [US]

Unread post by Thwip »

Grats to all who have already gotten their Gara!

I've decided to wait a while for mine instead of feeling rushed to go get her. :3 Glad to see you all having so much fun with it now that it's live.

Btag name is Buu! US Horde

Thwip - Xanbu - Lymphoma