The things one will do to tame a pet

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Shaiandra
Realm: US WrA [A/H]

The things one will do to tame a pet

Unread post by Shaiandra »

I get rather bored with questing and usually hair off to do some rather dangerous exploring, usually for a particular pet within my level range. The first time I did this was well before I’d leveled, I wanted a grey wolf and they are only in frostfire. Naturally this took me through several zones and, I went through gorgrond and across the ocean.

Why you ask? It was easier.

Naturally I ended up climbing up the side of a mountain into a lvl.100 area, some clever feign death and stealth got me through. The fun task was even finding them, but I managed to stumble into the right spot and got one! Odd thing was, I dc’d and wound up being right back where I started AND with my original pet out, amazingly enough my grey wolf was with me! :D

The very first thing I noticed about him was he’s very vocal, he growls when he sniffs, howls, all sorts of things, so he was totally worth it! I’d gotten a similar model when the teaser dungeon was released and he wasn’t vocal at all. Now I run with my new wolf and I am very very pleased with him even though I am 95 now and tamed a few other creatures since.

I’m rather annoyed that I can’t get into the into area for that purdy green river beast. I ran all the way around that wing of the continent only to be VERY denied, though I helped kill a lvl.100 rare hydra beast and got apex crystals XD I’m pretty sure that hunter who was there killing wondered why the hell I was even there! I want that green river beast!!

So, what lengths have you gone so far to tame a new companion?

To skies unflown,
To waters unexplored,
To paths not yet walked,
To creatures who have yet to run beside me,
I say to you, this challenge you give, I accept and conquer.

Thwip
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Elune/Gilneas [US]

Re: The things one will do to tame a pet

Unread post by Thwip »

I can't say I've done anything spectacular, not like many of our local hunters have in the past few days! Most I've done so far is trip on over into Shadowmoon at 94 to obtain that lovely purple hydra skin. Those models are amazing, everything about this is so well done from the animations to the sounds.

I also went and tracked down the blue/black terrowclaw bird while I was in the area, along with hunting up the black/red tiger skin just this morning.

...My stable is getting near max again and I've not even went after Gara. Ahaha.

Btag name is Buu! US Horde

Thwip - Xanbu - Lymphoma

Bluefire
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Duskwood

Unread post by Bluefire »

I don't know that this really counts but I did manage to accidentally troll about 15 other players that where trying to kill the rare white(silver) Rylak, Amaukwa. I'd spotted him earlier and decided he was the Rylak for me so I hung out hoping that no one else would show up. Well... when he spawned those 15 other people just suddenly appeared and began to try to slaughter Amaukwa. I decided to just try it and cast tame beast, well wouldn't you know it... the spell took effect with me having zero aggro! About 1-2 seconds before he should have died Amaukwa became my hunting partner... much to my surprise and the chagrin of all those other players.
Kyonarai
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Stonemaul

Unread post by Kyonarai »

Well, I have Gara at lvl 92, so there's that. But also, on ALL of my baby hunter alts, I HAVE to make a huge trek across zones to pick up some rare low level pet that's from the other faction's starting area. It's almost a right of passage. Also, I tamed the white Rylak who is a shadowmoon rare, so of course everyone wants to kill him. The moonkin attacking him was very confused for a second when the tame completed, lol.
Special thanks to Ket-shi!
Akyo
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Altar of storms

Unread post by Akyo »

same thing here with the white rylak.
I had to search for a while to find its spawnpoint to even get of a tame fast enough.
I saw no other people when it spawned but like from nowhere people suddenly was all over.
Like others here im sure the 7+ people where a bit confused when it suddenly shrank XD

While this feature of the Grimtotem Spirit Guide wasn't exactly intended... - it will still be possible in future for everyone who wishes to tame this NPC to do so