WoD Rare Pets

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
sonicross
Realm: Dragonmaw - US

WoD Rare Pets

Unread post by sonicross »

I'm a rare pet collector. It must be a unique look and a rare find to make my collection.

Is Gara really the only rare and unique looking pet for WoD, cause it sure seems like it.

What am I missing?
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Re: WoD Rare Pets

Unread post by Wain »

As far as I can remember there's nothing *rare* rare in Draenor that is also a unique skin. Most "rare" beasts are actually vignettes and not horribly uncommon. This is just a side effect of them trying out this new system. So while Amaukwa is the only silver rylak, she respawns reasonably often (though not all the time, so you still have to hunt for her!). Tura'aka is the only red rylak with armour, but I get the feeling she respawns a lot more often, or maybe it just feels that way because she's in a stationary position in Nagrand. Unfortunately rylaks feel creepy and gimped to me, since they hop along like grounded bats on speed, and those are the only unique looks I can think of that are even kind of rare.

The only new tames that are true rares are a couple of old world hydras, Trigore and Gesharahan. The latter (purple) is also found on a Horde-only quest summon, but the former is insanely hard to get and seems to have a really long respawn time. Like pre-Cata long. At least that's the impression I get!
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Stephen
Realm: Stormrage-US-Alliance

Unread post by Stephen »

Unfortunately you're not missing anything-there are no new rare pets in WoD. There are a couple of those rare/vignette mobs that are tameable, but I don't consider those true rares as they respawn quite frequently.

Here's hoping they add something nice in a future patch.
Loki
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Loki »

I suppose you can likely technically tame Pathrunner/Gorok/Nakk the Thunderer, but they don't have unique skins and it would be sort of pointless to do that rather than kill them for the mounts they drop.

Avatar made by the awesome LupisDarkmoon. Tameable giraffes please!

Pets Wishlist:
Goats
Yaks
Shoveltusks
Stags
Talbuks/Gazelles
Giraffes!

WoD and Legion best expansions! 6 down, 1 to go!

Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Terenas, Argent Dawn

Unread post by Krysteena »

Loki wrote:I suppose you can likely technically tame Pathrunner/Gorok/Nakk the Thunderer, but they don't have unique skins and it would be sort of pointless to do that rather than kill them for the mounts they drop.
You'd also be hated by 99% of people for taming these beasts. I strongly recommend you don't tame any of these.
erictks1
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Hydraxis

Unread post by erictks1 »

I feel blizzard should allow new version of tome hunter for hunter . So we can fix the rare issue . Maybe they can introduce various of tome which allow hunter to choose either one of those to learn . Way of obtain the tome should be epic quest chain. Those who determine enough to obtain the tome deserve the rights to obtain some rare and cool pet in game bound by the family . For example elemental beast "phoniex" ....