Dread Raven Taming Idea

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Zaranock
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Bladefist

Dread Raven Taming Idea

Unread post by Zaranock »

"The Saga of The Ravens"

'You are a wise and skilled hunter to have survived so long as a ground-dweller in the Spires, foreigner. However, your lackey, your 'pet', is sorely lacking. See the kaliri, the rylaks, the ravens. All are far better than the beast you carry... and trivial would be their subjugation for one such as you. You have grand potential...Why not try befriending a Dread Raven? They are the lords of the skies, the kings of the clouds, the lurkers in the shadow, the screech of terror that sends the Adherents into a frenzied panic. Not so trivial for you, eh? Take this scroll, learn their ways, find their roosts, and bond with one of them. They are far more intelligent than the craftiest raptor, more loyal than the primal frost wolf, and more powerful and savage than a swarm of ravagers. The best that can happen is one finds you to its liking...The worst is that your eyes are plucked, your body disemboweled, and your tattered carcass hurled from the highest reaches of Arak. Kra-ha-ha-ha-k.'
--An Arakkoa Outcast.

Dread Raven
Family: Dread Ravens
Sub-Family: Skill Tames
Specializations: All.
Abilities:
Piercing Screech: The Dread Raven lets forth a horrendous shriek, dealing X AoE damage to all targets within an X yard range.
To The Sky!: Allows the hunter to mount its Raven, taking it for a mount that scales with appropriate riding training and zone restrictions. Dismounting returns the Raven to the hunter's side as a pet.

The scroll would be bestowed upon a level 100 hunter by an Arakkoa Outcast in the Spires of Arak. A piece of mail would direct the hunter to SOA, but only after they completed the storylines of SOA. It would be a comprehensive quest chain that would require you to find a wild Dread Raven and attempt to bond with it. Being highly intelligent creatures, the Raven would have to be befriended through a series of quests given by the Raven while it stays at your side as a 'guardian' tagged creature, uncontrollable but willing to stick with you nonetheless.

Eventually, these would culminate in your chosen raven becoming a full pet with the quest To The Sky, where your Raven finally allows you to mount it and accepts you as a friend. This would unlock the rest of the ravens for taming and would at any time allow you to tame one.

I know that originally Dread Ravens were excluded from taming because of their high intelligence and their spiritual significance to the Arakkoa, but I did consider those factors in the idea.

Thoughts? Criticism? Praise? /open thread.
Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Re: Dread Raven Taming Idea

Unread post by Lisaara »

Pretty neat idea, though I'd personally want it BM only cause Dread Ravens have an exotic and powerful feel to them. Plus there aren't that many exotic families if you think about it.

However, as you stated, lorewise it probably won't happen.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Terenas, Argent Dawn

Unread post by Krysteena »

I so wish this would happen, especially being able to mount it! The frostwolf that both acts as Durotans mount and companion...

However, as you north said, lore makes this highly unlikely :(
SibealAD
Realm: Argent Dawn

Unread post by SibealAD »

Dread ravens actaully are tamable in live, they count as carrion birds... was coming here to post that they were missed on the list actually...
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

SibealAD wrote:Dread ravens actaully are tamable in live, they count as carrion birds... was coming here to post that they were missed on the list actually...
This bird you're referring to is not actually a dread raven, it's a tero-claw and is indeed listed as tamable on Petopia. :)

I'm pretty sure this thread is referring to the purple birds that can be seen in Shadowmoon Valley and sometimes show up as a dire beast.

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

SibealAD wrote:Dread ravens actaully are tamable in live, they count as carrion birds... was coming here to post that they were missed on the list actually...
Just to save confusion, despite their similarities in looks and some colour variations, there are new additions to the Carrion Birds family, generally known as teroclaws (this on in the image is Kil'uun)..........
These use the previously unavailable skins from the Throne of Thunder raid instance.

Then there are..........
that are classified as Dread Ravens and are currently untamable.

On Topic.
As much as there have been quite a few suggestions/proposals to have these beautiful avian beasties made tamable, I would be pretty sad if they were BM only. Much like Direhorns, I really hope these would be something the entire hunter community could enjoy at all times.

The idea of a quest line would be great imo, not sure if too much work, but I still think any hunter love in this direction would be sweet as. I do however REALLY like the idea of "To the Skies!", especially after saving Nisha and then having her be your taxi at certain locations. I very much like this kind of idea indeedy :D

That said, if they did add this, I would also hope they added other class only mounts to the others that don't already have any, you know, in the name of fairness and all ;)

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­