Raise rare or epic pet in stable

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
erictks1
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Hydraxis

Raise rare or epic pet in stable

Unread post by erictks1 »

How blizzard allow hunter to raise their own rare or epic pet from stable inside the garrison
Akyo
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Altar of storms

Re: Raise rare or epic pet in stable

Unread post by Akyo »

I doubt that would ever happen as one would belive a epic pet would be better than the rest, forcing the hunters that wants to do the best dps to get the stables and useing this one pet.

Now if it was only a unique look/model it would be fine.

While this feature of the Grimtotem Spirit Guide wasn't exactly intended... - it will still be possible in future for everyone who wishes to tame this NPC to do so
Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

I'd rather not they do this cause as the person above said, it would force hunters to use that pet and only that pet or they'd feel obligated to use it.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

I'm pretty grateful for the stable for mounts tbh - I feel like some special hunter-only feature would be abit mean to other classes as wel as what was said above about being forced to have the "best" pet. We have Gara and I think thats special enough :)

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

I really like this idea of taming/raising/bonding with a pet that would be part of an epic quest line (Yes not dissimilar to Gara) but is akin to the Warlocks Green fire quest.

Maybe something like Order of the Cloud serpent, you can pick a small pet to rescue/raise from a small selection, like maybe a Cat, or Wolf, or Carrion Bird or Raptor

v

v

v

v

Maybe it would could involve Dailies, Mod/Boss/Raid dropped items, Achievements, Easy/medium/extra difficult quests, or even all of them in combination. Something that really pushes the bond between you and the pet over time, trials and tribulations. Personally I don't think this should be BM exclusive at all, but an option for all hunters to enjoy.

And lastly the reward should be something that then becomes available to use in conjunction with any pet of your choice after you've completed the quest line. Maybe the fabled "Pet Collar" that GC once talked about and more recently Muffinus. I do personally think that what ever the outcome, it would be nice if it was just a visual or cosmetic effect for ones pet or hunter, nothing that creates any variation in performance, but certainly show that you LOVE your pets and are will to move heaven and earth (any maybe Draenor) to show it, and every one else can see that too. :)

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Stephen
Realm: Stormrage-US-Alliance

Unread post by Stephen »

SpiritBinder wrote:I really like this idea of taming/raising/bonding with a pet that would be part of an epic quest line (Yes not dissimilar to Gara) but is akin to the Warlocks Green fire quest.

Maybe something like Order of the Cloud serpent, you can pick a small pet to rescue/raise from a small selection, like maybe a Cat, or Wolf, or Carrion Bird or Raptor

v

v

v

v

Maybe it would could involve Dailies, Mod/Boss/Raid dropped items, Achievements, Easy/medium/extra difficult quests, or even all of them in combination. Something that really pushes the bond between you and the pet over time, trials and tribulations. Personally I don't think this should be BM exclusive at all, but an option for all hunters to enjoy.

And lastly the reward should be something that then becomes available to use in conjunction with any pet of your choice after you've completed the quest line. Maybe the fabled "Pet Collar" that GC once talked about and more recently Muffinus. I do personally think that what ever the outcome, it would be nice if it was just a visual or cosmetic effect for ones pet or hunter, nothing that creates any variation in performance, but certainly show that you LOVE your pets and are will to move heaven and earth (any maybe Draenor) to show it, and every one else can see that too. :)
Love this idea! Other classes get all these cool weapon enchants so maybe hunters could choose their favorite "main" pet, do a ton of dailies and stuff over the course of the expansion with it (not unlike a legendary quest line) and eventually earn a pet collar or colored glow effect or transparency or something. Some cool effect that you could only apply to one of your pets without starting all over.
Sesamee
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Kil'Jaeden

Unread post by Sesamee »

I love this idea. Of course, like others have said, it's not an a pet with better abilities than the others. Being able to raise our own Cloud Serpent mounts was so much fun. I'd love to do that with a hunter pet. I can't imagine it'd be that much work to implement. I hope they do it!
Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

SpiritBinder wrote:I really like this idea of taming/raising/bonding with a pet that would be part of an epic quest line (Yes not dissimilar to Gara) but is akin to the Warlocks Green fire quest.

v

v

v

v

Now THIS I can get behind. :D

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine