CONFIRMED!!! Gara IS re-tamable! (Image heavy)

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
onenation777
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Trollbane-Malfurion and many others

CONFIRMED!!! Gara IS re-tamable! (Image heavy)

Unread post by onenation777 »

Hello my fellow Petopians!

I'm not sure if this was covered but if it has, please accept my oversight. If not, please, read on! It is worth the time if you are curious as to whether or not you can tame more than one version of the model that is Uniquely Gara's!

I searched through the websites here and even elsewhere to find out if we would be able to tame Gara again if we "accidentally" released Gara after completing the quest to tame her in the first place. It was thought on other sites that this was possible but no one could tell me definitively if we could or not. So, I opened a ticket and asked a Blizzard GM. Their response was YES! But please read on so that there is no confusion.
The Blizzard GM I spoke to was very kind and patient and explained to me that it would be possible to tame an identical wolf by simply going back to the tree with the dagger in it and going back into the void. Once there, avoid attacking or getting too close to the Elder Void Lords and Elder Void Callers and make sure your track beast ability is on and just look around the area and you will eventually come across a Lost Netherwolf. It is IDENTICAL to the model of Gara and you can tame as many of these as you want to have in your stables! One thing to note here, however, is that this is a level 100 beast and to tame it, you would obviously need to be level 100.

I hope that this helps anyone that needs to re-tame the Gara that they may have lost during their adventures in Draenor and beyond.

I have attached several screenshots so that you can see that this is not something I made up.

This is me on my ALT Hunter, Laressa

Laressa with my UI, showing that she is level 93 and already has Gara but I wanted so show you that the Lost Netherwolf you see in the SS cannot be tamed until you are Level 100

This is my MAIN Hunter, Guinévéré back on November 16th when I originally tamed Gara at level 91.

This is Guinévéré at level 100, with Gara by her side and the Lost Netherwolf targeted.

Guinévéré without my UI, at level 100. Lost Netherwolf can be tamed at this level.

I hope that this was helpful to anyone that wanted to know this interesting bit of information.
Have a great day!

Laura AKA Guinévéré
Last edited by onenation777 on Wed Jan 21, 2015 1:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
Stephen
Realm: Stormrage-US-Alliance

Re: CONFIRMED!!! Gara IS re-tamable! (Image heavy)

Unread post by Stephen »

Huh? Was there ever any question of this? As far as I knew, Gara was tameable as many times as you'd like...
onenation777
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Nope. Once you ORIGINALLY tamed her, you could not summon another version of her again to tame. Hence why I asked the GM and how I got my information. And please note, I stated it is NOT Gara but a version identical to her.
onenation777
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

and for those that STILL don't believe the validity of this information, here is a SS of the actual conversation I had with the Blizzard GM

Stephen
Realm: Stormrage-US-Alliance

Unread post by Stephen »

Oh I see. Well that's cool. I've never accidentally abandoned a pet, but I suppose it's good to know I won't have to worry about it :D
onenation777
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Stephen wrote:Oh I see. Well that's cool. I've never accidentally abandoned a pet, but I suppose it's good to know I won't have to worry about it :D
indeed it is :)
Tilo
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Stormrage, Cenarius, & Ysera-US

Unread post by Tilo »

So you had to have completed the Gara quest, to see these 'lost netherwolf' correct?
♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪
Signature Kamoodle []
onenation777
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Yes, Tilo. That is correct. You had to have completed all the steps required to tame Gara in order to be able to see these Lost Netherwolves.
Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

Thats very handy thank you!

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

onenation777
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

:geek: you are most welcome :)
Rhyela
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

I don't plan on getting rid of Gara, but I did wonder at this myself. Thank you very much for posting this information!

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.