Red Jormungar - how to acquire?

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Madeline

Red Jormungar - how to acquire?

Unread post by Madeline »

I know I have to get the Gorian Proving Ground quest, but I have no idea how to trigger that. Can anyone help me? :shock:
Cynarea
Realm: Stormrage

Re: Red Jormungar - how to acquire?

Unread post by Cynarea »

I don't know if I'm correct, this is just a theory but maybe it's one of the dailies or quests in your garrison?

I'll let you know as soon as I find out for sure!

Ahah! I have found something. I had nothing to do so I basically spent 15 (about) minutes trying to find it! You can get a Scouting Missive for this quest and it's sold by Sergeant Crowler.
Madeline

I thought that too... but is it under some other name? I am having no luck finding it under Gorian Proving Grounds. *feeling stupid*
I haven't done too much garrison work, so I may not have opened up the quest, is there something I need to do to have that show up?
Literally, I have everything BUT that quest. :P
Cynarea

Unread post by Cynarea »

Madeline wrote:I thought that too... but is it under some other name? I am having no luck finding it under Gorian Proving Grounds. *feeling stupid*
I haven't done too much garrison work, so I may not have opened up the quest, is there something I need to do to have that show up?
Hmm, what level is your Garrison? I'm not an expert when it comes to buying things in your Garrison. If you click Scouting Missive it'll take you to WoW Head, if it's not working here's the link: http://www.wowhead.com/item=122420/scou ... ds#sold-by

I'll check my garrison to see if it shows up.

"Nothing's perfect, the world's not perfect, but it's there for us, trying the best it can.
That's what makes it so damn beautiful." -Roy Mustang Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood (2009 anime)

Madeline

That is what is getting me. Level 3 garrison, all level 3 buildings - done a few of the missions - but never saw that quest and that particular scroll is not offered. Weird. Thinking of putting in a ticket and asking. I can't find anything about it in wowhead or anywhere else. :(
Cynarea

Unread post by Cynarea »

Cynarea wrote:
Madeline wrote:I thought that too... but is it under some other name? I am having no luck finding it under Gorian Proving Grounds. *feeling stupid*
Hmm, what level is your Garrison? I'm not an expert when it comes to buying things in your Garrison. If you click Scouting Missive it'll take you to WoW Head, if it's not working here's the link: http://www.wowhead.com/item=122420/scou ... ds#sold-by

I'll check my garrison to see if it shows up.
That's probably best, I couldn't find it either. I'll check the PTR when I have time.

"Nothing's perfect, the world's not perfect, but it's there for us, trying the best it can.
That's what makes it so damn beautiful." -Roy Mustang Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood (2009 anime)

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

There has never been a scouting missive, or daily, for the Gorian Proving Grounds, sadly. Perhaps because it's a small area they decided not to. Unless they added one in a recent patch and I'm not aware of it.

Anyway, as a result you can only ever do the quest once. It's a bonus event and once you've killed to the 100% mark it will autocomplete and you will no longer be able to open cages. You can't abandon the quest (so you could restart it) either.

So if you've already done this bonus event you'll have to find someone who hasn't to open the cage for you.

It's a real shame. The keys still drop even if you've completed the quest, you just can't use them. It would be so simple for them to enable the cage opening without the quest.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Cynarea

Unread post by Cynarea »

Wain wrote:There has never been a scouting missive, or daily, for the Gorian Proving Grounds, sadly. Perhaps because it's a small area they decided not to. Unless they added one in a recent patch and I'm not aware of it.

Anyway, as a result you can only ever do the quest once. It's a bonus event and once you've killed to the 100% mark it will autocomplete and you will no longer be able to open cages. You can't abandon the quest (so you could restart it) either.

So if you've already done this bonus event you'll have to find someone who hasn't to open the cage for you.

It's a real shame. The keys still drop even if you've completed the quest, you just can't use them. It would be so simple for them to enable the cage opening without the quest.
Really? That's a shame, so it's just a random zone encountered event? If so, I thought about that as a possibility but from what I read I decided against it.

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Cynarea wrote:Really? That's a shame, so it's just a random zone encountered event? If so, I thought about that as a possibility but from what I read I decided against it.
I think it's offered when you first enter the area (at the right level). I don't think there were any prerequisites. Wowhead says there are scouting missives that can be bought for it, but they're wrong. Maybe it was WoD beta info that they never removed again.
Cynarea

Unread post by Cynarea »

Wain wrote:
Cynarea wrote:Really? That's a shame, so it's just a random zone encountered event? If so, I thought about that as a possibility but from what I read I decided against it.
I think it's offered when you first enter the area (at the right level). I don't think there were any prerequisites. Wowhead says there are scouting missives that can be bought for it, but they're wrong. Maybe it was WoD beta info that they never removed again.
Makes sense. Say... Is it possible to be in a party with a person who has the quest or whatever it could be and they can open it for you and let you tame it?

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Cynarea wrote:
Wain wrote:
Makes sense. Say... Is it possible to be in a party with a person who has the quest or whatever it could be and they can open it for you and let you tame it?
Yep, you don't even need to be in a party. If someone in the same area/phase as you opens a cage you can tame it (if they don't kill it ;) )
Madeline

I put in a ticket... and this was the response... *what a relief!*

I reviewed your petition on the problem you where having with finding the quest for Assault on the Gorian Proving Grounds - http://www.wowhead.com/quest=37523/assa ... ng-grounds. Check that link and it will tell you what you need. Basically, this quest is only available during the Apexis Weekly Event. So check your calendar for the next one and you will be able to do it. Please know that these quests are tied to the events. So they cannot be started or completed unless the event is live. When you get it, make sure to complete it and turn it in during the event, if the even ends before you turn it in, you will have to wait for the event to come back around before you can turn it back in. Hope that helps! :-D
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Er wow, maybe that changed in 6.2.3. I'll look for it next Apexis bonus weekend (which is two weeks away) and see if someone who already completed it can repeat it now! Thanks for the info :)
Cynarea

Unread post by Cynarea »

Well, there you go! Also, I found you on WoWHead, unless that wasn't you. With this info I might as well tame it too, I mean it's red who doesn't like that?

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

It is pretty nice :). And Niaw is me on Wowhead.
Cynarea

Unread post by Cynarea »

Wain wrote:It is pretty nice :). And Niaw is me on Wowhead.
WHAT? Holy crap, I see you like, everywhere! Aren't you the person who posts Bestial Wrath pics of tameable mobs?

Tilo
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Stormrage, Cenarius, & Ysera-US

Unread post by Tilo »

Well I was around during last Apexis Event, and as previously mentioned if this bonus objective only occurs during the bonus event, the next one will be available Jan. 13. During the previous Apexis Event I did NOT complete the bonus objective for this, on either Alliance or Horde; assuming it will still be available due to not having completed it prior, if you need a hand feel free to add around that time frame ^_^
♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪
Signature Kamoodle []
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Cynarea wrote:
WHAT? Holy crap, I see you like, everywhere! Aren't you the person who posts Bestial Wrath pics of tameable mobs?
No, that wasn't me. I'm not sure who does that.

The bulk of my posts were about old transmog stuff. I used to datamine the art and work out sets/partial sets for old gear, where the relationship between random pieces was poorly known. As a result Wowhead added pages for a lot of partial sets from old pieces. Blizzard are more consistent with applying set art these days, so I haven't bothered in ages.
Cynarea

Unread post by Cynarea »

Wain wrote:
Cynarea wrote:
No, that wasn't me. I'm not sure who does that.

The bulk of my posts were about old transmog stuff. I used to datamine the art and work out sets/partial sets for old gear, where the relationship between random pieces was poorly known. As a result Wowhead added pages for a lot of partial sets from old pieces. Blizzard are more consistent with applying set art these days, so I haven't bothered in ages.
Oh.. Hmm maybe there's a guy called "Naiw" instead.

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

It is now the middle of the Apexis Bonus event and this quest is sadly not available to players who have already done it. Maybe the once-off quest is only ever available during the event period but it certainly doesn't return for players who've already completed it. :(