Need help taming Thok please

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard, Hati's Realm

Need help taming Thok please

Unread post by Iowawolf »

Now that Gnomes are hunters and Thok is tamable what better pet for my cute little huntress of death than a big bad mean dino only problem is being a new boosted hunter means I got crap for gear even on the PTR she had trouble doing it and had better gear. So I am asking if anyone can please help me tame this awesome pet any loot drops can be yours all I want is Thok.

Battle tag is Bloodlegend #11387 and thank you to anyone who can help.
Aroim
Pet Finder

Re: Need help taming Thok please

Unread post by Aroim »

if you still haven´t found anyone, I can help you
Zelhashan
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Windrunner/Kil'Jaeden

Unread post by Zelhashan »

I'd be glad to assist you if you still need help!
Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

I have to work today but will see if anyone is still able to help tame him tonight.
Tilo
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Stormrage, Cenarius, & Ysera-US

Unread post by Tilo »

Day of patch saw a dude with Thok; sounds easy enough? Not really, at least for me anyways... trash? easy peasy, bosses? getting my butt kicked at 718ilvl, perhaps I need to be 110 to do this instead. I don't mind helping over the weekend or next week, I can bring my lock instead of my hunter to help kill stuff.

Miauen#1509
♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪
Signature Kamoodle []
Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Got hearth finally set to shrine on the Gnome I want to tame Thok on so if anyone is able to please help me tame him I can do it tonight or tomorrow before 3:30pm Arizona time cause that's when I have to go to work.

My battle tag is in first post if anyone wants to help.
Nyth
Realm: Draenor

Unread post by Nyth »

Fortunately I had my mate and a few guildies come along to help me tame him.

I can't understand they haven't fixed the bosses in there to be soloable yet. Maybe you can do them at level 110, but there are some mechanical restrictions in there too.

Norushen (3rd boss) - You can't cleanse stacks on your own, making this almost impossible to solo currently. You need 2 people so you can alternate the realms. At 110 you can probably just nuke him down before this becomes an issue.

Sha of Pride (4th boss) - This was the thing that stopped me and my mate. You get imprisoned, meaning you need at least 4 people (2 get imprisoned, need 2 to free someone). Or less if you have enough damage to burst him before this (about 200-250k dps total). Probably soloable at 110, his damage was pretty nuts though even without the mechanical issues.

Galakras (5th boss) - Probably unsoloable as you need 2 people to shoot him down. As this is a mechanical limitation I doubt it'll be doable in Legion without some kind of fixes from blizzard's side.
Same goes for Spoils of Pandaria, but at least that's optional afaik.

Rest should be mostly doable. Although with pets being squishy as they are at the moment; you'll probably need help on some other bosses too.

I hope you get him, he looks great. One of my new favorites :)
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

Nyth wrote: Same goes for Spoils of Pandaria, but at least that's optional afaik.
Spoils, to my knowledge, is soloable, as long as you can dps down both sides before the timer counts down.

It's just Galakras that requires 2 people. They COULD easily make him soloable by making it so once you use one cannon, it 'sticks' in him and you just gotta go to the other tower and use the other one.
Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

I was going to just go into LFR and tame him won't have to do whole raid just spoils and the boss before that I tried on PTR but could not solo even LFR lol.
Tilo
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Stormrage, Cenarius, & Ysera-US

Unread post by Tilo »

my ally hunter is 719, my horde hunter is 700 - neither can solo Malkorak the healing debuff and toss up just massacre me. Maybe I can get some guildies to help me tame Thok as a birthday present next week hehe.
♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪
Signature Kamoodle []
Rawr
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Rawr »

Just keep dieing till he gets enough debuff for u to solo him. Rest of the place is cake. Hope this helps. :D :mrgreen:

Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Rawr wrote:Just keep dieing till he gets enough debuff for u to solo him. Rest of the place is cake. Hope this helps. :D :mrgreen:
If I keep dying on the first boss I get a debuff which helps me kill him? I honestly didn't know that but what about Spoils and at my item level 648?
Rawr
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Rawr »

"Determination is a buff in Raid Finder in which the health, damage dealt, and healing received is received by 5%. One stack is applied each time the raid wipes to a boss, up to a maximum of 10 stacks. When a boss is killed, all stacks are removed."

So wipe a bunch, kill boss and so on until you get to Thok. :mrgreen:

Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Thank you to all who replied with the help of a fellow player who had a lockout on him I was able to join and tame my Thok he is so awesome and possibly the best pet ever lol.
Valfreya
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Whisperwind, Blackrock

Unread post by Valfreya »

so as for stacks of determination, it seems you dont get them at the moment, I am not sure if its intended or a glitch. Malk just killed me 4 times and no determination at all..... Looks like the solo runs for Thok are a no go. I would have loved to run with him as my pet but for us solo players that have no friends online, looks like I might have to give up or wait until I max my levels.. so sad.
Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Ya I was trying in LFR on my Panda hunter and died bout four times yet got no determination as well so if it is a glitch hope they fix soon I want him on my main Horde now my main Alliance Gnome got him.
Nefretiti
Realm: Durotan US,Saurfang, Staghelm

Unread post by Nefretiti »

I'm pretty much in the same boat .. was hoping to get him on my worgen but no such luck
Don't be afraid to go for your dreams.
Reach for the moon and if you miss it reach out and grab a star.

Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Nefretiti wrote:I'm pretty much in the same boat .. was hoping to get him on my worgen but no such luck
Check the legacy in pre made group finder that was how I got him on my Gnome someone was running hunters through and letting them tame him just had to kill trash that respawned with reset cause they had Thok on lockout.
Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

For those Alliance side still needing Thok there is a player Jayy-Garrosh who has a group up in the legacy part of group finder letting hunters tame him using his lockout. I hope I am not breaking any rules just wanted to help my fellow hunters get a chance to tame this awesome pet.
Pewmew
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: aegwynn

Unread post by Pewmew »

My main now has his Thok tame finished.

After logging in I looked at the premades list and there was a listing for a "Thok taming party" .

There were ~5 hunters ahead of me and a few after me as well. We all waited our turn and got our chance to tame.